Strictly has finally overtaken X Factor

2»

Comments

• Options
    miles19740miles19740 Posts: 14,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well Done Strictly!

It is by far the better show...good, honest family entertainment. I am delighted that Strictly is kicking Cowell's money-making juggernaut into touch.

Strictly represents skill, substance and quality in direct contrast to the style over substance and hype offered on ITV.

The judges on Strictly have a more constructive role to. They are more critical, judging contestants on a much higher professional/technical level. Their comments are also more witty, original and interesting. They offer contestants tips on how to improve to, which is how it should be.

Well done Strictly. May you continue to reign supreme.
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strictly is becoming X-Factored; maybe not to the extent of the 2010 series but it's certainly showing the same pattern of the 2008/2009 series of backchat, not sticking to themes; over the top criticism and praise and judges arguing. At the moment the ratings are holding up ok; though they are lower than last year. But by becoming X-Factored they may flucuate more than, as we have seen with this year's ITV show.
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the first series of X Factor I haven't followed from the beginning. Just fed up with it. Awful standard of contestants, terrible song choices, sob stories, same old cliched lines from the judges...couldn't take anymore and I feel so freeeee! :D

I did watch a bit last night out of curiosity, oh my lord, it's the worst I have ever seen and shame on Gary, I thought he was bringing credibility to the XF, he said he was...but he has completely sold out, churning out the same old garbage that all the judges do towards acts that are just mediocre at best.
  • Options
    mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Da, da, da, da, da, da, da.

Well done strictly, well done. :cool:
  • Options
    cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel SCD has improved this year. A combination of good personalities and fairly good dancing by most has helped it win over XF. To be fair though, XF is pretty pants this year. A good analogy would be to say SCD is a thoroughbred while XF is a donkey with 3 legs and 3 sprained ankles! It is fairly obvious why the Beeb are winning this year's race.;)
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cezzy wrote: »
    I feel SCD has improved this year. A combination of good personalities and fairly good dancing by most has helped it win over XF. To be fair though, XF is pretty pants this year. A good analogy would be to say SCD is a thoroughbred while XF is a donkey with 3 legs and 3 sprained ankles! It is fairly obvious why the Beeb are winning this year's race.;)

I think these days, Strictly is more like a camel than a thoroughbred.
  • Options
    Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who cares?
    Does it make either show better or worse?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keiō Line wrote: »
    Who cares?
    Does it make either show better or worse?

From a dance perspective it isn't as good. As a pantomime, it's first class and very watchable for most.
  • Options
    AntoniaAAntoniaA Posts: 6,640
    Forum Member
    I manage to watch both programmes, imagine others do too, so why the ratings war and how can anyone tell who watches what anyway? Or is there cctv in every house now?
  • Options
    stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    I watch both but last year I was beginning to tired of XF -too much silly contrived nonsense, this year the shift is definitely towards Strictly. If both were on at the same time there would be no contest, I'd watch strictly and record XF so I can fastforward to the bits I like. Strictly is a fantastic production, warm contestants, amusing judges, wonderful costumes, great atmosphere... XF is a shambles in comparison right now. IT's not to do with Cheryl/Simon leaving so much, it's just a poor year with a lack of good talent and too much nonsense going on. Strictly fully deserves to get better ratings, and Im pleased more people are getting into it.
  • Options
    pasodabblepasodabble Posts: 5,865
    Forum Member
    The Wembley show was a huge success ratings-wise, beating TXF for the second time this series:
    rzt wrote: »
    Averaging 11.4m viewers (43.7% share), last night's Strictly Come Dancing was the most watched show across all channels #SCD #BBC1

Strictly's peak audience of 12.5m was a million higher than the peak for any other show (excluding +1 channels). #SCD #BBC1

Source: Sam Hodges

I think this may be the highest rating of the series thus far. So... expect more themed weeks and Wembley/Blackpool decamps as they seem to work wonders ratings-wise.
  • Options
    glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i gather Fix Factor is especially dire this year...what worries me...someone at the BBC takes this data as a sign everything they are doing at Strictly must be right...it isn't.

:( i think it may have jumped the shark...time to get back to basics.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have always watched X Factor and never Strictly as I am 18 years old, and it used to appeal to me more. But this year I have stopped watching X Factor since last weeks live show as it's just boring. Last night I didn't set eye on X Factor and watched the whole of Strictly and really enjoyed it. It's just much more of a friendly show and just some fun on a Saturday and Sunday night. Strictly all the way now until the final for me!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strictly has overtaken the X-Factor?

But at what cost?

The show is now a joke and the juvenile content seems aimed at an X-Factor audience.
    What a waste of the licence fee.