The Queen of British Pop.

Comments

• kenny12kenny12 Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Hear the thunder don't you lose your head! Rip off the roof and stay in bed!!"
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kenny12 wrote: »
    The information given by an outside source is not entirely accurate. Without giving too much away, Geri may decide to not showcase her new track(s) - this may just be a celebration of her past hits and for for this And for Channel 9 to report otherwise is really not on.

I knew about Geri's performance before any outlets posted their reports - these reports are still not accurate as none are set in stone. Some very unhappy campers..
    Why would I reveal to fans information that - to me - was coming to me in the dead of night? Would you not think to wait until the morning?
    It's actually quite tricky to juggle when and what time the optimum number of people will read any posts I give whilst I am the other side of the world.

;-) - But seriously I raerely do brag about the insights I have gven tot he (few) fans that are interested. Llllookitup. ;)

I had egg whites on rye
    bread :D

actually, i am done.:o i was under the impression the information posted on facebook and twitter was completely legit and i just wondered why you was late to the party, so to speak.:o she must be livid if they have advertised an exclusive and she hasn't agreed. knowing what little i do know about how quickly she goes through staff, i wouldn't like to be in your shoes right now.:eek:

i am glad you're brief meeting didn't get in the way of the most important meal of the day.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    actually, i am done.:o i was under the impression the information posted on facebook and twitter was completely legit and i just wondered why you was late to the party, so to speak.:o she must be livid if they have advertised an exclusive and she hasn't agreed. knowing what little i do know about how quickly she goes through staff, i wouldn't like to be in your shoes right now.:eek:

i am glad you're brief meeting didn't get in the way of the most important meal of the day.:D

She does get through management rather swiftly but... No problem there for me. I assure you.

Have a good day/Night :confused::eek: Lol
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She does get through management rather swiftly but... No problem there for me. I assure you.

Have a good day/Night :confused::eek: Lol

she should have installed a revolving door at her house really. what with her managers, spiritual advisers and nannies coming and going.:eek:

its night time, but its easy to establish the time in the uk with internet access and to use a quote from you, look it up.:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she should have installed a revolving door at her house really. what with her managers, spiritual advisers and nannies coming and going.:eek:

its night time, but its easy to establish the time in the uk with internet access and to use a quote from you, look it up.:p

Hilarious, and so very true. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why has this become a Geri thread. I'm here to discuss Queens of British pop. From what I can gather there really isn't any interest on here.

Can the moderators look into this please?

Thanks
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Attia_Ash wrote: »
    Why has this become a Geri thread. I'm here to discuss Queens of British pop. From what I can gather there really isn't any interest on here.

Can the moderators look into this please?

Thanks

I created this thread, I named it, somewhat provocatively 'The Queen of British Pop' and my entire original post was about Geri.

You are free to discuss other artists but I started this thread about Geri Halliwell.

Stop involving moderators, I have done nothing wrong here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D Though, to be fair, Geri is a very loyal friend, but I do have to agree n some respects.

However the nanny situation when Blue was very little was very serious indeed. Legal reasons stop me from saying what I think about that woman but you can look up the reports, I'm sure if you like.

Also she is a perfectionist and when a manager or management team don't pull their weight she will warn them and if nothing changes - let them go.

The revolving door comment did make me heartily laugh.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Friends and Fans - expect to see Geri at the ARIA Awards in November... ;)
  • RikScotRikScot Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Friends and Fans - expect to see Geri at the ARIA Awards in November... ;)

I can barely contain my indifference ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kenny 12, your assertion that Geri Halliwell is the 'Queen of British Pop' has clearly been refuted - even you yourself have acknowledged that the title belongs to Kate Bush, (and remember, you did call the thread 'Queen....' ie singular, not 'Queens..'). So I think you're now decidedely off-topic. Isn't there a Geri Halliwell appreciation thread which you can use to publicise her upcoming releases etc to fans, rather than posting such info under 'Queen Of Pop'? Seems rather desperate to me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oops - that should be 'decidedly'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JeannieMac wrote: »
    kenny 12, your assertion that Geri Halliwell is the 'Queen of British Pop' has clearly been refuted - even you yourself have acknowledged that the title belongs to Kate Bush, (and remember, you did call the thread 'Queen....' ie singular, not 'Queens..'). So I think you're now decidedely off-topic. Isn't there a Geri Halliwell appreciation thread which you can use to publicise her upcoming releases etc to fans, rather than posting such info under 'Queen Of Pop'? Seems rather desperate to me.

Discuss what you like, ignore any posts that you aren't interested in, and enjoy life!

I adore Kate Bush, yes! :)

But I started this topic regarding Geri and 11 pages on I'm laughing all the way to the office! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rather disingenuous, not to say desperate, of you kenny12! Why do I imagine your 'laughing all the way to the office' as being somewhat hysterical?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    I thought it was Elton John...........
    right... and Jimmy Somerville as his sidekick :D
  • TheToonArmyTheToonArmy Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adam_Adams wrote: »

Sidekick has to be George Michael
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adam_Adams wrote: »
    Sidekick has to be George Michael

Hahaha, the title said queen and you guys mentioned some gay guys. Such astounding wit!

And has Geri Halliwell's career really got to the point where she has her staffers/only stan posting on DS for promo?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »
    Hahaha, the title said queen and you guys mentioned some gay guys. Such astounding wit!

And has Geri Halliwell's career really got to the point where she has her staffers/only stan posting on DS for promo?

I like to think so :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like to think so :o

Let's face it, there's not going to be a better joke than all of Kenny's posts on this thread anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's face it, there's not going to be a better joke than all of Kenny's posts on this thread anyway.

So very true :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's right, follow all of the other little sheep, people!

COME BY! COME BY!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's right, follow all of the other little sheep, people!

COME BY! COME BY!

Yeah, all us millions and millions of sheep getting together to not buy any Geri Halliwell records.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, all us millions and millions of sheep getting together to not buy any Geri Halliwell records.

Well she sold 15 Million records as a solo singer so..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well she sold 15 Million records as a solo singer so..

Two questions:
    1. Are you counting albums and singles?
    2. Did you buy upwards of 25% of those copies?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the top 3 Queens of British Pop from the last few years are;

1) Adele
    2) Ellie Goulding
    3) Jessie J

All Brits Choice Award winners funnily enough