Options

Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Thread (Part 12)

Comments

• Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you do realise that without me to single-handedly keep this thread going while I'm at my mums over christmas that it'll fall to at least page 4? :D

have a good 'un fellow spuds and here's to another win on boxing day.
  • Options
    vaarthartvainvaarthartvain Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A Merry xmas to one and all,And a good football day on Boxing day .
  • Options
    Ozboz3Ozboz3 Posts: 1,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Merry Christmas to all Tottenham fans! Confident of a win for Boxing Day!
  • Options
    mabbus-cattus1mabbus-cattus1 Posts: 5,777
    Forum Member
    Christmas Eve and nothing on the box so I thought I'd amuse myself by doing a Google search on celebrity Spurs Fans.

Bryan Adams
    Pierce Brosnan
    D'Arcy Bussell
    Jason Biggs
    Roger Lloyd Pack (Trigger)
    Danny Kelly
    Neil Pearson
    Ian Rankin
    Adele
    Patsy Kensit
    Richard Littlejohn
    Mike Gatting
    Ray Liotta
    Peter Purves
    Anthony Worrell Thompson
    Rachel Stevens
    Andrew Ridgeley
    Paul Whitehouse
    Paul Merton
    Jude Law
    Jeff Beck
    Jerry Springer
    Emma (Baby Spice) Bunton
    Sid Owen
    Ian Thorpe
    Barry Norman
    Paul Young
    Kenneth Branagh
    Anthony Andrews
    Bobby Davro
    Jonny Buckland (guitarist for dreary Coldplay)
    Michael Fish
    Francis Rossi & Rick Parfitt
    Michael McIntyre
    Trevor MacDonald
    Peter Cook
    Bob Marley

Happy Christmas everyone
  • Options
    TATTOO62TATTOO62 Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    Steven Mangan is pretty obsessive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    WOW its quiet on here tonight.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and got all the presents they wanted.

A win tomorrow would top off a lovely Christmas and round off the presents nicely..
  • Options
    vaarthartvainvaarthartvain Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A good start that Harry Kane is really growing on me :)
  • Options
    Knarf44Knarf44 Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Making it hard for ourselves as usual, being bullied in midfield, Bentaleb, Stambouli and chadli especially need to go up a gear as the game is by passing them. Leics are weak at the back so we need to move the ball forward much much quicker than we are. Rose also needs to get tighter to his man when defending.
  • Options
    dosanjh1dosanjh1 Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member
    Christmas Eve and nothing on the box so I thought I'd amuse myself by doing a Google search on celebrity Spurs Fans.

Bob Marley

Happy Christmas everyone

Bob was Spurs? I really want that to be true, if anyone has a picture of him in a shirt, please link / post as it's going on my wall :D

Kane scores again, but i think we got away with that - could easily have been 2-1 down - need to pop in that 2nd goal
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leicester are playing how we are supposed to play, pressing like crazy in midfield and getting numbers forward. Just the kind of luck we needed there from Eriksen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor again but 3 more points we needed as we're going to get well beaten in our next two games.
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    dosanjh1 wrote: »
    Bob was Spurs? I really want that to be true, if anyone has a picture of him in a shirt, please link / post as it's going on my wall :D

Kane scores again, but i think we got away with that - could easily have been 2-1 down - need to pop in that 2nd goal

IIRC more a fan of Ricky Villa and Ossie, and by extension a Spurs fan while they were with us.
  • Options
    dosanjh1dosanjh1 Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member
    IIRC more a fan of Ricky Villa and Ossie, and by extension a Spurs fan while they were with us.

That means he passed before the cup final replay and missed "that" goal :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Knarf44 wrote: »
    Poor again but 3 more points we needed as we're going to get well beaten in our next two games.

Absolutely. I've been at my mums for a few days so had to make do with the MOTD highlights tonight and even in those we seemed to conspire to make Leicester look good. We can thank Hugo again for keeping us in the game and also the black cat that walked under a ladder for the large amounts of luck we had as well.

if we play like that on sunday, I think it'll go beyond being well beaten and end up being somewhat of a hammering.

I think because 8th to 4th has become quite tight, two consecutive losses won't hurt us a huge amount in terms of league placings so I think we can essentially look beyond them and start again.
  • Options
    Ozboz3Ozboz3 Posts: 1,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well 3 points is 3 points which looking ahead to the United and Chelsea games we'll need! I'm hopeful of a point in one of those matches:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So our next two games.

Hoping for wins, would be happy with draws but expecting to lose - at least that way I won't be disappointed.
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well a good string of results recently but Man U will bring a dose of reality on where the team really is. Not expecting anything but a loss against Chelsea.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All things considered, I think we've probably got a slim chance of nicking a point against United. Villa showed how they can be contained with the recent 1-1 draw so depending on which side turns up, I do think it's not entirely beyond the realms of possibility that we can get a point.

Chelsea will be pretty much stitched on though. I'd even be half inclined to accept the inevitable and rest a few of the back four - Hugo, Jan e.t.c.. and concentrate on them being fresh for the FA Cup tie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know when you puff out your cheeks and exhale in that "hhmmmmm ..." fashion ?
    Mauricio Pochettino has suggested Tottenham are unlikely to sign any new players in the January transfer window.

After confirming next month’s arrival of right-back DeAndre Yedlin, who signed for the club in the summer, the Spurs boss insisted he is happy with his squad and will not put pressure on chairman Daniel Levy to add more.

“January is not about whether we sign a player or not. I am happy with my squad,” he said

“I never put pressure on the club to sign a player. As head coach I try to explain to the chairman and the sporting director my thoughts and after we decide together what is best for the club.”

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/9618864/premier-league-mauricio-pochettino-says-tottenham-are-unlikely-to-make-january-signings

I've always felt we'd see more departures than arrivals in general, and certainly appreciate that it's often unlikely to get any real quality midway through the season, but it's a bit sobering to think we might not be in for anybody at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't expecting a big influx but we need another decent striker at the very least. At the moment we don't really have any impact players to bring off the bench.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was hoping for more of a situation where we'd be shipping out the likes of Townsend, Dembele, Lennon e.t.c.. and replacing them with improvements.

We're very likely not going to land any major players until the summer, but it would have been nice to have had an inkling of actually getting some upgrades on the squad players.

That said, I suppose there's also the fact that announcing we're going to be in the market for players in january isn't a good idea anyway as clubs will no doubt play hardball if they know we're actively looking.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You know when you puff out your cheeks and exhale in that "hhmmmmm ..." fashion ?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/9618864/premier-league-mauricio-pochettino-says-tottenham-are-unlikely-to-make-january-signings

I've always felt we'd see more departures than arrivals in general, and certainly appreciate that it's often unlikely to get any real quality midway through the season, but it's a bit sobering to think we might not be in for anybody at all.
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    I wasn't expecting a big influx but we need another decent striker at the very least. At the moment we don't really have any impact players to bring off the bench.
    I was hoping for more of a situation where we'd be shipping out the likes of Townsend, Dembele, Lennon e.t.c.. and replacing them with improvements.

We're very likely not going to land any major players until the summer, but it would have been nice to have had an inkling of actually getting some upgrades on the squad players.

That said, I suppose there's also the fact that announcing we're going to be in the market for players in january isn't a good idea anyway as clubs will no doubt play hardball if they know we're actively looking.

Reading the comments from Pochettino he's not exactly saying he won't be signing any new players, just that he's happy with the squad at the moment. Personally I'd like to see another striker too. Maybe Pochettino is just playing his cards close to his chest so as not to give too much away to any rivals.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reading between the lines, I suspect we have to shift a few out first and off the wage bill to allow space for any incoming.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    interesting line-up ..

Lloris, Chiriches, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies; Mason, Stambouli; Chadli, Eriksen, Townsend; Kane

Good to see Mason back so soon. Hopefully Townsend will look up once in a while as well
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    interesting line-up ..

Lloris, Chiriches, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies; Mason, Stambouli; Chadli, Eriksen, Townsend; Kane

Good to see Mason back so soon. Hopefully Townsend will look up once in a while as well
    I guessed Davies would come in for Rose but .....mmmh, not the starting line-up I would of envisioned for a tough game! Perhaps the thinking is that Walker and Lamela will make a bigger impact coming on in the second half, completely changing the right side.

Let's hope that Chiriches gets his customary couple of big mistakes out of the way early and they don't cost us and its Townsend's turn to actually hit the target based on the law of averages!
This discussion has been closed.