Options

EE - Peggy, Grant and Sam return

DreamHavenDreamHaven Posts: 2,007
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Would it make you happy if this Xmas, Peggy, Grant and Sam return and try take the pub back from Carters

Comments

• Options
    FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    Yes. And, if they succeed in taking the pub off the Carters, I might actually enjoy watching the show again.

The Mitchell's belong in that pub.
  • Options
    Mr PatrickMr Patrick Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitly |i would love it as the the vic isn't the same without them especially peggy
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firegazer wrote: »
    Yes. And, if they succeed in taking the pub off the Carters, I might actually enjoy watching the show again.

They do indeed:p.
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr Patrick wrote: »
    Definitly |i would love it as the the vic isn't the same without them especially peggy

Very true!

I'm sure they'll be back in there one day.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    It would probably be the last straw for me. Grant's OK but I loath Peggy and Sam was ruined by bringing back Danielle in the part.
  • Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If DTC rectify's the poor decision of bringing back Danniella Westbrook by recasting back to Kim Medcalf then I am all for it. I know it'd be ridiculous having Kim back in the role but to be honest it was already ridiculous bringing Danniella back in 2009. At least by bringing Kim back we can pretend Sam's 2009 stint doesn't exist.
  • Options
    smx22smx22 Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Stube wrote: »
    If DTC rectify's the poor decision of bringing back Danniella Westbrook by recasting back to Kim Medcalf then I am all for it. I know it'd be ridiculous having Kim back in the role but to be honest it was already ridiculous bringing Danniella back in 2009. At least by bringing Kim back we can pretend Sam's 2009 stint doesn't exist.

Yes. I second this
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they was to bring Sam back I would hope they get Kim Medcalf then Danielle Westbrook, she was much better out of the two.
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. I'd love grant to return and Sam mark II but my Peggy. Also I don't want the Mitchell's back in the pub. I agree the carters aren't working currently. Linda has potential there but mick... Just needs to leave.
  • Options
    summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    DreamHaven wrote: »
    Would it make you happy if this Xmas, Peggy, Grant and Sam return and try take the pub back from Carters

Not really no. I'd probably switch off.
  • Options
    cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no I wouldn't, we cant just keep watching the same storylines on a loop - the Mitchells days in the Vic are long over as were the Watts, we have to move forward and the Carters work well in the pub, a close family running a family business, why would you go backwards? you wouldn't have Ali and Sue coming back to take over the café or the Di Marco family returning to re open Guiseppes in place of the Argy Bargy!
  • Options
    spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Spot on.
  • Options
    jimbo23jimbo23 Posts: 1,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stube wrote: »

I find it more believable that Peggy had 2 daughters and called them both Sam! It's the only way to explain the differnt characters of Sam Mitchell
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Always should be this way, it's a hard watch these days.
  • Options
    Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    Grant only.

I could stomach the second Sam coming bal, but not Daniella 'no septum' Westbrook. Vile creature she is.

And I CAN'T stand Peggy! Go ahead, shoot me, but I much prefer life on the square without her!
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Urgh, not thanks
    Yes to grant though
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    i would love them all back, but Kim Medcalf for Sam..Miss Peggys get out of ma pub line :(
  • Options
    PEARLY331PEARLY331 Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only if Kim Medcalf returns as Sam.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Ooh yes Grant back pllleeaaassseee :)
    And if Sam come back it better be Kim Medcalf, cos if Danniella wotsherface comes back I'll be turning off:o

www.MigraMed.com
  • Options
    imawotsitimawotsit Posts: 401
    Forum Member
    I've never understood the Peggy hype. If the Mitchells weren't introduced to EE in the past and DTC brought them in as a new family today, they would not be taken well. People would be reacting to them worse than they react to the Carters because of the Mitchell entitlement complex and the fact that they're *too* theatrical.

I really can't stand even thinking about Peggy returning. I don't mind Grant, but I used to just skip Peggy's scenes in the past and I know if she returned today then I wouldn't hesitate to do the same. If she has small scenes, like the live week of Sharon/Phil's wedding then those are perfectly fine, otherwise more than that is just too much. I just wish DTC would have the guts to kick the Mitchells of their pedestal.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peggy's the only one I'd really be interested in having back long-term. She'd slot right back into the current Mitchell fold.

There's not much room for Sam outside of the Mitchells. No businesses to purchase, the only single male her age being Max (as far I can recall) and I don't think another Max lover would go down too well, and no kids (?). I'd also only be interested in a Kim Medcalf return but have no clue how likely that is.

Grant could work. I can just imagine him throwing his weight around, winding up the Carters, knocking Lee out etc. There's the potential to revisit him and Jane, who has been up to a lot since the last time they met. The only time I've ever seen him in EE is his 2005/06 return, so I don't have the same emotional attachment to the character as a lot on here. I do feel there's no way his return could live up to the expectations from some people too.
  • Options
    ameewameew Posts: 2,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I love the Mitchell's and there's a lot of mileage there . Grant obviously has the whole Sharon relationship and he could take over the gym . Peggy could have a great rivalry with Sharon and play peacemaker with Roxy and Ronnie .
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Oh god I would love them to reclaim the Vic from the utterly dreadful Carter clan !! (Though I do like Linda)

That will never happen as long as DTC is there
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    yes!!
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No.

Unless they all died in a Christmas fire along with the Philth to cleanse Walford of the infection of the core Mitchells forever.

Then the show can finally move forward. :D