is it just me?

Getting no signal on the COM7 channels tonight

Comments

• Options
    kjhskj75kjhskj75 Posts: 3,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's just you.

I recorded Jim al-Khalili's prog about Sellafield on BBC4-HD OK.
  • Options
    philoolaphiloola Posts: 3,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How odd.
    Checked this am and still nothing. Zero signal on Ch31. All other non-COM7 channels fine and dandy.

I haven't moved anything or plugged in anything new that might be interfering. Weds night everything was fine... last night, channels gone.

Stumped.
  • Options
    anthony davidanthony david Posts: 14,507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No change in signal strength on any Winter Hill multiplex. If it started with the very heavy rain and comes good next time the sun shines brightly it's water in the aerial system and you will need a reliable aerial rigger. Com 7&8 are at lower power levels than the rest and therefore the first to go on a poor aerial.
  • Options
    Dr.OliverTwichDr.OliverTwich Posts: 1,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go over your connections and cables 'with a fine-toothed comb' ... Remake any suspect plugs and sockets.
    Although you haven't done anything heating and cooling can cause subtle changes over time (and it's easy to disturb a connection when cleaning/dusting).
  • Options
    diablodiablo Posts: 8,300
    Forum Member
    I got lots of breakups on BBC 4 and BBC News 24 on Thursday night - was unwatchable in fact.

Fine again last night and I haven't touched a thing.
  • Options
    philoolaphiloola Posts: 3,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Solved. Don't know how though.

Tried again last night. Still nothing. Zero signal.

So watched TV all night and thought I'll have to spend the weekend checking cables etc. :(

About 11pm was flicking channels and went onto 9 BBC FOUR and a pop up appears saying "press OK to watch in HD"
    'Odd' thinks I. So I press OK to be taken to BBC FOUR HD on 802 !!!
    I then find that all the COM7 have reappeared in the 800s.

So after a manual delete and complete rescan.. everythings OK and in the correct place again. Good signal.

Baffled though. Unless the box had a 48hr fit or something.
  • Options
    albertdalbertd Posts: 14,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Channels in the 800s often signifies reception of two transmitters. If your box auto-tunes, maybe it got locked onto Emley Moor or Moel-y-Parc instead of Winter Hill and then the signal dropped and was unusable.