This is Most Definitely Not An Appreciation Thread **Part 21**

Comments

• Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kmc1978 wrote: »
    Definitely Janette!! ;-):p

In seriousness, I think it's Aliona and possibly Otille (is that how you spell her name?)

Aliona is 5' 5" and if the Iwan Thomas rumours are correct he is 6'2".
    the pairings are going to be interesting :D
  • Options
    Kmc1978Kmc1978 Posts: 7,144
    Forum Member
    aggs wrote: »
    Aliona is 5' 5" and if the Iwan Thomas rumours are correct he is 6'2".
    the pairings are going to be interesting :D

For some reason I thought she was 5'7". I should probably pay more attention :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kmc1978 wrote: »
    For some reason I thought she was 5'7". I should probably pay more attention :blush:
    :D

From what I can gather from the Google height chart :D Natalie is 5'10" and then the next is Janette at 5'6" :confused: the rest come in at between 5'2" and 5'5" (can't find a height for Otile, though).
  • Options
    JDarcyJDarcy Posts: 385
    Forum Member

From what I can gather from the Google height chart :D Natalie is 5'10" and then the next is Janette at 5'6" :confused: the rest come in at between 5'2" and 5'5" (can't find a height for Otile, though).

Janette is only 5'0/5'1 on every source I've seen!
  • Options
    TanzieTanzie Posts: 6,452
    Forum Member
    Is it true that Joannefromgrimsby is not competing because she is on ITT instead???

Now that really is something to appreciate.

I have very high hopes for Jay Boyband.
    He may not be what I'd call eye candy, but he does seem to have a decent sense of the ridiculous and he seems game for a laugh.
    Hopefully he'll be more Harry McFly than SimonfromBlue.
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Crazy as at least one picture shows she is clearly shorter than both Karen & Aliona.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monaogg wrote: »
    Crazy as at least one picture shows she is clearly shorter than both Karen & Aliona.

I know :D but Google how tall is Jeanette Manrara and the answer is 5'6" :D
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know :D but Google how tall is Jeanette Manrara and the answer is 5'6" :D
    Either a typo & should read 158cms or she was measured in heels. ^_^
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is it true that Joannefromgrimsby is not competing because she is on ITT instead???
    Yup, and i'm able to appreciate this as I never watch ITT live anymore due to the virtues of the FF button.
    Tanzie wrote: »
    Now that really is something to appreciate.

I have very high hopes for Jay Boyband.
    He may not be what I'd call eye candy, but he does seem to have a decent sense of the ridiculous and he seems game for a laugh.
    Hopefully he'll be more Harry McFly than SimonfromBlue.

Hopefully not as Geography teacher like as Harry. If UnWanted Jay starts turning up to ITT in Argyle knitwear then i'll lose all hope for him.
  • Options
    sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Found this video of Otile dancing samba with her pro dance partner. First time I have seen a pro dance samba with real movement, fire and verve.

This girl can really rock it
  • Options
    MelodyMakerMelodyMaker Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I record ITT and usually spend a grand total of 3-4 mins out of 30 mins watching the bits I want to see (rehearsals mainly), the rest is pure filler as far as I'm concerned.
  • Options
    aurora01aurora01 Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm consoling myself with "At least it's not Lisa Riley."
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    I heard someone from Call The Midwife is on the show............ and I almost threw up until I learned it isn't Miranda Hart.

So I went from massive unnapreciation to enormous appreciation in a few seconds.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I took one for the team and watched the One Show tonight! Even more harrowing as Keith Lemon was a guest *shudders*.

Pleased that Iwan has been confirmed. Would be happy if he drew Goddess Nat... think that they could have a similar style relationship that she had with Michael Vaughn. UnWanted Jay looked to be a similar height to Antony Ogogo & so should be tall enough for her too. Now watch her get paired with Ainsley *wibble*

Unappreciating Kirsty though as i've always found her quite irritating.

Overall, quite pleased with the line-up- some celebs that I like, a couple of unknown entities to have a clean slate with & some good unappreciating fodder to get my teeth into with my spotty bummed chums :D
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    It's not a bad line up, only one I really can't stand, but to see Andre go Cuban heel to Cuban heel with O'Donnell for the same vote could be highly amusing - and O'Donnells fast Latin should be an, ummm, experience - I'm already having flashbacks to some Irish wedding receptions of my youth and certain Uncles enthusiastic exploits on the dance floor :o

ETA and Goddess Natalie better get one of the ones with, hopefully, some potential - Anthony Jay (preferred) or Iwan - give her a comedy pairing with either PA or DO'D and I'll hunt the producers down myself
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hands Kmc a very stiff drink

I think Anthon is too small for Natalie - Google height chart has him at 5'9". Jay or Iwan (Jeremy or Ainsley) seem the best fits if the pair up elves are being kind. Even in his stackiest of heels with his highest hair Petey is only going to come up to her armpit :D

Can I nominate Jay for thread pet?
  • Options
    CamisCamis Posts: 13,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think Anthon is too small for Natalie - Google height chart has him at 5'9". Jay or Iwan (Jeremy or Ainsley) seem the best fits if the pair up elves are being kind. Even in his stackiest of heels with his highest hair Petey is only going to come up to her armpit :D

Preferably one of these two or I will definitely be unappreciating! Jay seems like he will be a good choice for thread pet.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Jay's currently my favoured for the position, but we shall see.

I don't think PAs ego could take being paired with Nat :D - I'm hoping for Jay (and who the hell does he look like, I'm sort of getting Heath Ledger's younger, less good looking brother :confused: )
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Has Daniel O'Donnell had to pull out because of injury yet?

I can but hope.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Has Daniel O'Donnell had to pull out because of injury yet?

I can but hope.

As Cliff Richards is probably his stand in be careful what you wish for :o
  • Options
    TanzieTanzie Posts: 6,452
    Forum Member
    Jay's currently my favoured for the position, but we shall see.

I don't think PAs ego could take being paired with Nat :D - I'm hoping for Jay (and who the hell does he look like, I'm sort of getting Heath Ledger's younger, less good looking brother :confused: )

I reckon happily married gentleman about town Peter is going to be paired with just as happily married Ola. There's no way he'd be allowed to be put together with anyone young, single or sexy. He's already been down the fauxmance route with Jordan, and look how delightfully that turned out.

I'm quite liking Jay and Iwan. Which given my track record in backing losers is probably the kiss of death, and they'll both be voted off in the first week due to a technical hitch, Tess making a balls up of some kind, and a suspicious number of hanging chads.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I would rather watch Sir Cliff than Daniel O'Donnell.

Now if it was Chris DeBurgh as stand in, I would be just as >:(>:(>:(
  • Options
    RednellRednell Posts: 2,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

On the other hand, it could still be Chris de Burgh.

Unappreciating the lack of outrage and my general apathetic stance on the victims this year. PDuh I can laugh at, Jamelia will be whiny and annoying. Everyone else....meh? Hopefully Jay will be as sarcastic and Dottish as I hope, and I'll vote for him as thread pet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tanzie wrote: »
    I reckon happily married gentleman about town Peter is going to be paired with just as happily married Ola. There's no way he'd be allowed to be put together with anyone young, single or sexy. He's already been down the fauxmance route with Jordan, and look how delightfully that turned out.

I'm quite liking Jay and Iwan. Which given my track record in backing losers is probably the kiss of death, and they'll both be voted off in the first week due to a technical hitch, Tess making a balls up of some kind, and a suspicious number of hanging chads.

If it's not Team Pola I will be amazed.

Jaypet it is then :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    so who is this Jay?
    I have missed this one.
This discussion has been closed.