GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
Forum Member
New Comic Con footage, looks great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO0jUAzOsV8

Comments

• Ted CTed C Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to this...seems to get most of the look and feel of the movies right...I can see elements of all 3 of the original movies in there.

The only things that bother me are the overly brown/orange hues to some of the sequences, and the fact that there seems to be more CGI on display than we were originally led to believe, as there was much talk of 'keeping it real'.

Also don't like the quick cut/fast edited nature of the trailer, but then again it is a teaser.

Loving the homage to Peter Weir's The Cars That Ate Paris though.

Early days yet...just hope they have not ruined it in post production.
  • SpacedoneSpacedone Posts: 2,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That looks a lot better than I expected it to be although I was hoping for more Mad Max than Mad Max 2.
  • quirkyquirkquirkyquirk Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    No Mel no Mad Max for me. Besides the trailer just looks typical of today's action movies, CGI heavy with that awful orange look to it. And I would imagine the violence will be watered down too.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can thank legendary comic book artist Brendan McCarthy for this flick. It`s been his dream project for years.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/culturevideo/filmvideo/cinema-trailers/10994893/Mad-Max-Fury-Road-trailer-starring-Tom-Hardy-and-Charlize-Theron.html
    No Mel no Mad Max for me.

Mel was willing but insisted it be set in Israel (or Golders Green) and that he be ripped to the tits for the entire duration.
  • SpacedoneSpacedone Posts: 2,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Mel no Mad Max for me. Besides the trailer just looks typical of today's action movies, CGI heavy with that awful orange look to it. And I would imagine the violence will be watered down too.

I don't know, I think Tom Hardy could do a good job with this.
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    Love this trailer. Seems to tick all the boxes. To the people complaining about all the special effects, I would say that this might just be how Miller always imagined his Mad Max universe to be, and was merely limited with the originals in terms of budget and the technology of the time as to what he could put up on screen.
  • Ted CTed C Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Be serious...Gibson is far too old, has not made a decent movie for years, and is hardly popular after his recent bouts of bad publicity.

But I do agree about the CGI and the orangey hue...but it is an early teaser, and there are some quick shots of what look like some real stunts and vehicular mayhem in there.

I am not giving up on it just yet.
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    I feared the worst, but that looked alright.

Good to see Miller still has the eye for distinct composition, which was always key to the Max films.
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These days, Mel is known mainly as a mentally disturbed old racist and misogynist who has hilarious scrapes with the law every so often. His crazy guy "edge" which seemed like good acting has been blunted by the realisation that he may not have been acting that much.
  • quirkyquirkquirkyquirk Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    These days, Mel is known mainly as a mentally disturbed old racist and misogynist who has hilarious scrapes with the law every so often. His crazy guy "edge" which seemed like good acting has been blunted by the realisation that he may not have been acting that much.

And? :confused:

If you only watched movie stars who didn't say or do things that many people disagreed with, there wouldn't be many movie stars to watch. :D

I couldn't care less about Mel's personal views he's still a great actor/star and director IMO. And I'd rather watch him as Max than Hardy (who I'm no fan of) even though I realize it wouldn't happen.

I just wish it had got off the ground when Mel and George Miller were ready to do it back in 2003 before he became involved with Passion Of The Christ and filming locations became a problem.

Just my opinion.
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sounds like he'd be perfect casting for one of the villains...