X Factor made us film fake standing ovations, applause and dancing.

2»

Comments

• InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,766
    Forum Member
    Patti-Ann wrote: »

We had priority tickets and went to the priority ticket exchange at 10.30am and were given our exchanged tickets and allowed to leave almost immediately. We were told to return with our new tickets at 2.30pm - we did, and after a brief wait we were in the auditions arena by 2.45. We were then entertained by the warm up man until the judges arrived at around 4pm (the advertised time was 1pm, but we didn't care because we were shopping/eating all day). A total queue time of 15 minutes which made the whole experience a great one, after waiting from anywhere between 90 minutes and 5 hours in the past.

A queue for non-priority ticket holders was already formed at 10.30am, the queue was still there when we popped back to see what was going on at around mid-day, and still there when we returned at 2.30 (I assume it still had the same people in it, but cannot be sure). Makes me feel very lucky.
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Patti-Ann wrote: »

:confused: really don't understand the point of that article. It's not news.
  • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This all doesn't surprise me one bit. There's an audition from Season 1 of US X-factor where it looks like Nicole Scherzinger spontaneously bursts out into a rendition of I Will Always Love You infront of the auditionee but it was said that the girl had already left the stage at this point, but it was made to look like Nicole was putting her to shame
  • Grof_GriffGrof_Griff Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    They also made us do this in the first London session yesterday.
  • kieranyeah123kieranyeah123 Posts: 1,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get what the problem is? It's an ENTERTAINMENT show. If it were to be completely non-scripted and 'real' it would be incredibly boring and dull.
  • spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't get what the problem is? It's an ENTERTAINMENT show. If it were to be completely non-scripted and 'real' it would be incredibly boring and dull.

Even factual shows are 'faked', look at the David Attenborough Polar Bear outrage.