USB Memory Stick

gadget_ukgadget_uk Posts: 441
Forum Member
I have got my game saves and gamer profiles on a Max Memory Card, which uses a removable micro SD card, that slots into the side of it.

I know that the Max Memory Card is incompatible with the new slim xbox 360.

So have now transferred the data to a USB memory stick, that is formatted as FAT32.

But I tried to use with the Xbox 360, it said it wasn't recognized and need to be formatted.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• gavo360gavo360 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the dash go to settings then memory and select the USB stick then they will be a option to format the stick to work as a memory unit on the 360. Doing so will probably delete stuff that's on the stick. But then it will be a recognised memory unit to the 360.
  • gadget_ukgadget_uk Posts: 441
    Forum Member
    gavo360 wrote: »
    On the dash go to settings then memory and select the USB stick then they will be a option to format the stick to work as a memory unit on the 360. Doing so will probably delete stuff that's on the stick. But then it will be a recognised memory unit to the 360.

I have done that already and reserved 768MB to be used by the Xbox 360.

I transferred the games saves and profiles to the USB Memory Stick by using the USB adapter and software that came with the Max Memory Card to computer.

Then I formatted the USB Memory Stick as FAT32 and transferred the saves from computer to the USB Memory Stick.

I then tried to use the USB Memory Stick with the Xbox 360, but it said that it couldn't recognize it and needed to configure it for use with Xbox 360.

Then is when I reserved 768MB of space on the USB Memory Stick that the Xbox 360 can used.

The saves are still on the USB Memory Stick, but can't be read by the Xbox 360.

Any more help?

Thanks in advance.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    gadget_uk wrote: »
    I have done that already and reserved 768MB to be used by the Xbox 360.

I transferred the games saves and profiles to the USB Memory Stick by using the USB adapter and software that came with the Max Memory Card to computer.

Then I formatted the USB Memory Stick as FAT32 and transferred the saves from computer to the USB Memory Stick.

I then tried to use the USB Memory Stick with the Xbox 360, but it said that it couldn't recognize it and needed to configure it for use with Xbox 360.

Then is when I reserved 768MB of space on the USB Memory Stick that the Xbox 360 can used.

The saves are still on the USB Memory Stick, but can't be read by the Xbox 360.

Any more help?

Thanks in advance.

See, I can see what's happened, you formatted it for the Xbox 360 to use, THEN you formatted AGAIN back to FAT32.

You CAN NOT transfer saves from FAT32 to the Xbox 360 Partion on a computer, it has to be done over the Xbox 360.

So, format the Memory Stick back to Xbox, then plug the Max Media whatever into the Xbox and transfer the saves over using the Xbox interface.
  • IzakIzak Posts: 3,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a real pain the fact the Xbox won't just save to a normal FAT32 USB Pen Drive.

I have an old 1GB pen drive that I used on my computers but have recently got a larger 8GB one to replace it and thought I would use the older 1GB pen drive as a memory card for my PS3 and Xbox 360 (save having two cards)

It is really easy on the PS3, just copy files straight to the FAT32 pen drive - no problem. Xbox 360 on the other hand wants at least 512MB for games and 256 MB for system use - leaving just 256 MB for my PS3.

In the end I didn't bother.
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    Format the USB stick on the 360, transfer saves etc on to the PC, plug USB stick in to PC and use a program like Xtaf to recognise the xbox file format and move the saves over. You can't just dump them on the stick and expect the 350 to see them, that would be too easy.