Options

would a male driver do this?

13»

Comments

• Options
    ScubyScuby Posts: 1,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheaper and easier to buy a smaller car. Those chelsea tractors are awful and polluting to the environment.

What if you live like me, on the side of a mountain and only a 4x4 will get here? I agree in towns and cities but not everyone lives in flat smelly cities, Then again farmers going across their land. we dont all think of them as "chelsea tractors" the world does not consist of London thank god.
  • Options
    *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have the driving skill to get out of a space like that, but I would be worried about doing it safely with restricted vision. If push came to shove, I'd do it, but if possible, I'd get someone to check for passing traffic and wave me out when it was safe.

I would be far more annoyed at the van driver for parking badly in the first place and I'm surprised only a minority of people seem to be commenting on that.

It really annoys me when people park on double yellow lines at junctions that restrict vision. It's always worse if it's a high sided or solid vehicle. People putting their flashing lights don't help me see what's coming.
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Scuby wrote: »
    What if you live like me, on the side of a mountain and only a 4x4 will get here? I agree in towns and cities but not everyone lives in flat smelly cities, Then again farmers going across their land. we dont all think of them as "chelsea tractors" the world does not consist of London thank god.

The term 'Chelsea Tractor' has come about because a lot of townies (whether they live in London or not), don't really need vehicles which are capable of off road driving, but they still get them as a status symbol or a 'look at me, I'm considerably richer than yow symbol' (Harry Enfield). Unfortunately, this is very symptomatic of many a UK car user.
  • Options
    tealadytealady Posts: 26,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    Y'know, I feel I gotta stick up for the driver in question (assuming we're talking about the owner of the chelsea tractor) here... if she's paranoid about driving onto the kerb she isn't going to get out of there easily.
    She might be worried about the ice too - there's plenty of it in that photo.
  • Options
    tealadytealady Posts: 26,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had to run in a supermarket carpark yesterday to stop an old guy reversing into a car. He just came straight back and didn't bother to turn the wheel. He was about 5 cm off the bumper.
    As I shook my head, a woman told me - "He's from Canada, they have different cars there." And different laws of physics no doubt.