Campaign to Get "Cankles" Grimshaw Signed Up By Record Company

124»

Comments

• DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    neelia wrote: »
    There are artists that I think have obviously great voices which appeal to me

There are artists that I think have voices that appeal to me, but where I can see that others would think haven't got a good voice.

Threre are artists that I think are good singers but just don't appeal but I can understand why others do.

There are artists where I just cannot understand the appeal at all but even then I don't quite understand the notion that others likeing them is amusing.

Hmmm, clearly there is something wrong with you then Neelia. Such sensible comments have no right on this forum. Please delete immediately. :D
  • neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daewos wrote: »
    Hmmm, clearly there is something wrong with you then Neelia. Such sensible comments have no right on this forum. Please delete immediately. :D

:D Now he tells me - when it is too late to edit ;)

Actually I expressed it very clumbsily but you knew what I meant anyway.

I suppose there is a sort of exception in that I think that if someone told me that they thought that Wagner's vocals were good, I would not necessarily beleive them. But then so many of his fans are quite open that they think that he can't sing. They either vote for him because he is the joke act and/or they enjoy the spectacle.

It is clear though that Aiden fans by and large find him an interesting and gifted singer. So why it should be amusing that we want to see him prosper (and produce music for us), I don't quite get:confused:
  • TigerpawsTigerpaws Posts: 11,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave Hawk wrote: »
    I, genuinely, think that if Joe, whatever happens moving forward, if he is able to make a living out of all he ever wanted to do - sing - no matter what capacity, he'll be well down the road to self-actualisation. And any one, in any walk of life, who achieves that, far from failing, they will have succeeded :)

I don't disagree with this sentiment.

Dave Hawk wrote: »
    How many recording artists have gone the distance? Nana Mouskouri would still be recording and touring if she hadn't retired of her own chosing in 2008, after 50 years, during which she sold between 200 and 300 million records. She was a favourite of my late father's

Artists with real talent tend to go the distance.

Paul McCartney
    Elton John
    The Rolling Stones
    Bob Dylan
    Nick Cave
    Leonard Cohen
    Madonna
    AC/DC

Just some with 30+ yr careers.

There are tons that have had 20+ yr careers. If you have the talent and determination longevity is very achievable.
  • researchshirleyresearchshirley Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daewos wrote: »
    Just because you loathe him does not mean that he has any less right to get a contract or others have the right to support him without your approval.

Of course I don't loathe him. What a ludicrous thing to say and yet another overreaction against any criticism of him. You defend your right to inexplicably like what he does and I'll defend mine to say he doesn't stand a chance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    kyri wrote: »
    Hmmm...so the people who didn't pay 35p to vote for him and begging for him to release an album which will be around £8 - £12...

:confused: I have never (and highly doubt I ever will) voted for anyone on the show, but I have bought singles and albums that have been released. I'd spend money on music, but not on votes. I doubt I'm alone in this.

I personally think Aiden has a fantastic voice, and if he went down the right route I'd definitely buy his stuff. I don't think he had the best song choices on x factor (I much preferred his audition performances) but I think he has the potential to be great. I do admit though, it seems like you either love him or hate him, so he may be a seen as a bit of a risk to labels.

Could definitely see him being a model too :p;) If he got signed as a singer and model, I'd be delighted :D
  • BatmanLaBatmanBatmanLaBatman Posts: 3,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cankles?
  • marsha_Cutiepiemarsha_Cutiepie Posts: 9,721
    Forum Member
    neelia wrote: »
    There are artists that I think have obviously great voices which appeal to me

There are artists that I think have voices that appeal to me, but where I can see that others would think haven't got a good voice.

Threre are artists that I think are good singers but just don't appeal but I can understand why others do.

There are artists where I just cannot understand the appeal at all but even then I don't quite understand the notion that others likeing them is amusing.

Great post! :) Better a word n'er said here! And I really like the sentiment neelia :)

I want to see a canckles pic tho Sean! :D
  • DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    Of course I don't loathe him. What a ludicrous thing to say and yet another overreaction against any criticism of him. You defend your right to inexplicably like what he does and I'll defend mine to say he doesn't stand a chance.

Interesting that you edited out the bulk of my post that was actually in response to your comments.
    snoopy10 wrote: »
    Ah see there's the crux of it. 'Inexplicably' kind of negates your whole point. By using that word you're saying that you don't understand why the poster likes him, so how can you then use something you don't understand to explain your own feelings on him? :D

The above quote says it all. Said it better than I could.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    _elly001 wrote: »
    Check out his Appreciation Thread if you're genuinely interested. But being invited on the tour, being invited to sing in London Selfridges, strong rumours of a modelling contract, the twitter trending phenomenon, a national newspaper picking up on this... all things which at this point can be considered achievements. And I'm sure more will follow once the contestants are officially released from their contracts.

Not intend to be mean or anything but i find funny how thing can be interpreted as an achievement for some and for others underachivement .

I'm sure i'll get a lot of stick for this post but here goes nothing:

Katie was invited to sing in Manchester Selfridges for a singalong too but she got criticised for getting to sing there. Wagner did one in birmingham too

Aiden's fans get the trending topics with the help and lead of his mum - that tweets and retweets - it's not like they are doing it on their own.

National newspaper - ony picked up on it they bombed the newspapers twitters acounts with it and cause Matt joined in and supported the cause and that

These being sayd i do wish he gets a recording contract as i quite like him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    Once again, if you like him, great keep supporting him. If you don't, then get a life I'm sure you having something better to do than slag off people you don't like.

I'm an Aiden fan, none of your opinions will change that and they don't bother me either, so I recommend you just save yourself some energy!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    Aiden is in limbo at the moment, due to the Syco/Sony option. Had he appeared on another tv show and generated such interest, his manager or lawyer would be shopping him around to labels by now. However, Aiden has no personal manager or lawyer working on his behalf and just has to sit around for three months waiting to see what happens. He is making successful personal appearances, and, interestingly, picking up fans not just in the UK but also in Africa, North America and Australia, as well as mainland Europe. It's unlikely that all these people watched the XFactor broadcasts, so this is clearly a viral result from YouTube and Twitter. One suggestion I would have is that in the interim he set up a MySpace account and upload some of his own material, YouTube links etc., as a showcase to labels. Would he be allowed to do this??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »
    Check out his Appreciation Thread if you're genuinely interested. But being invited on the tour, being invited to sing in London Selfridges, strong rumours of a modelling contract, the twitter trending phenomenon, a national newspaper picking up on this... all things which at this point can be considered achievements. And I'm sure more will follow once the contestants are officially released from their contracts.

So nothing more or less than many of the others :confused: These are not achievements. These things are handed to them on a plate as par for the course of appearing on the show for weeks on end.

If I understand correctly, there are 9 of them on the tour.
    Many of the contestants are making personal appearances.
    "Strong rumours of a modelling contract" = zero achievement regardless of how strong the rumours are.
    "Twitter trending" = this is an achievement in what sense and to what purpose?
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ardwark wrote: »
    So nothing more or less than many of the others :confused: These are not achievements. These things are handed to them on a plate as par for the course of appearing on the show for weeks on end.

"Strong rumours of a modelling contract" = zero achievement regardless of how strong the rumours are.

I had no doubt when I listed these achievements that a couple of posters on here would pick them apart, and as you asked for them, it was easy to tell that you'd be one of them. It doesn't matter; I have no interest in converting people who don't like Aiden and I didn't list them to do so. What I was doing was posting some of the achievements that his fans and Aiden are happy with; no more, no less.

I do wonder what you expected Aiden to have achieved at this point which would be worthy of your positive opinion? I'm sure you know full well that anybody contracted to be on the tour can't be offered a record deal yet, so that obviously wasn't it. Aiden is staying on radar despite his early eviction, and whilst some people are irritated by this, we're confident it will lead to a better chance for Aiden that he was denied on the show.

It's very easy for you to sit on a computer and pass judgement on a reality TV show contestant. We all do it, so I'm not going to criticise you for that. What I do think, however, is you're basically denying the fact that practically all the other contestants that were eliminated before Aiden and just after have so far slipped off the radar, whilst Aiden has remained firmly on it (and THAT is his main achievement! ;))
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Aiden doesn't have a manager how are the gigs/ personal appearances being organised? Are promoters contacting him direct or calling the X Factor team who pass queries on? I find stuff like this vaguely fascinating, given my job is about as far from shoebox as its possible to be.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    I wonder what Aiden would model, as no doubt he fits the bill for the weird high fashion market but is he tall enough for that? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    whatsoever wrote: »
    If Aiden doesn't have a manager how are the gigs/ personal appearances being organised? Are promoters contacting him direct or calling the X Factor team who pass queries on? I find stuff like this vaguely fascinating, given my job is about as far from shoebox as its possible to be.

Aiden is being looked after by the Syco-affiliated Modest Management, (as are all the contestants), they are co-ordinating his live appearances and other XFactor related stuff, and this will continue until their option is either taken up or expires. I meant that he doesn't have a personal independent management team dedicated to his future career.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He was included on the tour as an extra :) I find that an achievement. They clearly thought he was too special not to go on the tour. Plus ticket sales surged after it was announced he was on it :)

Once the modelling contract is announced (if it's true) I'm expecting you to admit that it's an achievement :D so keep clutching at your straws for now.

And do you know how much companies pay to have that sort of influence on twitter? I'd say it's a damn good achievement!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is a rumour he has a modelling contract but I am the one clutching at straws. Yeah ok. Whatever. :yawn:
  • PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    He has cankles? :O
  • SeanHunterSeanHunter Posts: 1,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Cankles" is a term of affection. If you can get a clip of him at the judges house wearing his shorts and sandals, you'll know why.

Those aside though, he is a very pretty boy. Beautiful teeth. I think he'd be a great model.

Incidently, that's how I think Zain will end up if 1D bomb. I did read somewhere that the Storm modelling agency were dying to sign him up (is he tall enough??).
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    SeanHunter wrote: »
    "Cankles" is a term of affection. If you can get a clip of him at the judges house wearing his shorts and sandals, you'll know why.

Those aside though, he is a very pretty boy. Beautiful teeth. I think he'd be a great model.

Incidently, that's how I think Zain will end up if 1D bomb. I did read somewhere that the Storm modelling agency were dying to sign him up (is he tall enough??).

I think it's just his name and his face they are after right now, I'm sure they'll work around his apparent lack of height, even if he has to start wearing a pair of high heels. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is he short? I never noticed. I need to pay more attention. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    delete
  • Candy StoreCandy Store Posts: 5,125
    Forum Member
    Is he short? I never noticed. I need to pay more attention. :o

Aiden's not particularly short but not really as tall as male models tend to be, and Zayn is definitely nowhere near tall enough, though they both have the looks for it.

They tend to waiver the height requirements when it comes to celebrities modelling though so I don't see why they wouldn't be signed if they considered their profiles were high enough. Joe and Shayne are signed and neither of them are six footers.
  • PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    Aiden's not particularly short but not really as tall as male models tend to be, and Zayn is definitely nowhere near tall enough, though they both have the looks for it.

They tend to waiver the height requirements when it comes to celebrities modelling though so I don't see why they wouldn't be signed if they considered their profiles were high enough. Joe and Shayne are signed and neither of them are six footers.

Think again ;)