In England we say

2»

Comments

• PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skyrah wrote: »
    If James as xenophobic as you say he is, then why did he marry Ola who is Polish ?

maybe he fancied 'educating' the little peasant girl ? :p
  • Fairy WingsFairy Wings Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    I don't think James meant anything other than explaining to Gary a term he had used in case Gary didn't understand.

Not every action, or word spoken by a HM towards Gary needs to be dissected and scrutinised.
  • julie_tredgoldjulie_tredgold Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Ja

mes meant anything other than explaining to Gary a term he had used in case Gary didn't understand.

Not every action, or word spoken by a HM towards Gary needs to be dissected and scrutinised.

This is Big brother scrutiny and dissection is what happeneds every series , have you not watched the show before , the winner will be the last person out of the house in case you were wondering

In England we say get James out BOOO
  • momoriromomoriro Posts: 2,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone wants too tell him it's a British program with British voters!:D
  • missfrizzymissfrizzy Posts: 7,536
    Forum Member
    "The shit has hit the fan". I'm pretty sure that's used in other countries too, James!

How many more times is he going to say this?

Ola sometimes must want to say adios!

Agree OP. He is so condescending.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ... I go now. I no come back...
  • bbfiveneverbbfivenever Posts: 1,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In England we say "James Jordan is a ****" *

*if that's ***'ed out it's not bad (begins with a t) but can be as bad as you want it to be. ;-)
  • pope_tartpope_tart Posts: 3,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    momoriro wrote: »
    Someone wants too tell him it's a British program with British voters!:D

yet it has all English HMs representing Great Britain. >:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    The things he comes out with — "It's not like I'm gay or anything"; "I wouldn't say a different level, I'd say a different field . . . in the dance world I'm like the Brad Pitt" — are so reminiscent of David Brent that I can no longer take him seriously as villain. He even said "Yeah?" mid-sentence last night.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,927
    Forum Member
    In England we say for God's sake come out of the cupboard man, you're clearly in pain and it's not good for you or anyone around you.

It's such an American turn of vulgarity, the whole shit/fan interface imagery, what an idiot. Perhaps he was confused by the realisation that he doesn't have any fans waiting for him, only shit.
  • scottishmagscottishmag Posts: 3,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doesnt james know that ryhming slang for shit here is going for a Brad Pitt, and he describes himself as the Brad Pitt of dancers,,,,, yes then in that sense, he is correct
  • missfrizzymissfrizzy Posts: 7,536
    Forum Member
    MrSquishy wrote: »
    The things he comes out with — "It's not like I'm gay or anything"; "I wouldn't say a different level, I'd say a different field . . . in the dance world I'm like the Brad Pitt" — are so reminiscent of David Brent that I can no longer take him seriously as villain. He even said "Yeah?" mid-sentence last night.

I know, he is getting very cringey.
  • chuntererchunterer Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    As James' dance partners have mostly not been British and Ola spoke no English when she came here so James taught her the language, he has probably got into the habit of saying, "In England we say...." rather than saying, "You've got that wrong, you have to say...."
    Gary has taken offense when hearing British idioms and seems to hate being he is wrong, I think "In England/Britain we say....." is a kinder option.
  • EnricoIVEnricoIV Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    auntysplat wrote: »
    I thought it was an American thing, hopefully Gary was taking the pi$$ out of him when he said Sheep hitting the fan

Lord. He simply said he saw that on a t-shirt in Australia, illustrated, and thought it was funny.
    chunterer wrote: »
    Gary has taken offense when hearing British idioms and seems to hate being he is wrong, I think "In England/Britain we say....." is a kinder option.
    Would you care to list these times when you claim that Gary has "taken offense" upon hearing British idioms?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "The shit has hit the fan". I'm pretty sure that's used in other countries too, James!

How many more times is he going to say this?

Ola sometimes must want to say adios!

"No Ola, in England we say goodbye"
  • achroachro Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He also blamed his condescending tone on "the foreigners".
  • racol5racol5 Posts: 3,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pitman wrote: »
    maybe he fancied 'educating' the little peasant girl ? :p

lol he did say that ''I'm trying to educate you''....:o
  • HoneybadgerHoneybadger Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    They did save his hearing aids from a good soaking though. :)

Ps you forgot to say he's 70 years old ;-)

:D:D:D
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has he never seen "Airplane" ? ;)

The first time I ever heard the expression was in 'Airplane'.