Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really enjoying it!
  • KarlyKarly Posts: 10,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caught the start, haven't time to watch it all, but, yes, liking this - always liked Mel & Sue - right combination of daftness and intelligence. Anyone else ever think what has just occurred to me - remind me a bit of a female Morecambe & Wise?
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member
    Karly wrote: »
    Caught the start, haven't time to watch it all, but, yes, liking this - always liked Mel & Sue - right combination of daftness and intelligence. Anyone else ever think what has just occurred to me - remind me a bit of a female Morecambe & Wise?

Totally agree with your post, Mel and Sue have such a warm approach, you can tell they really get on.
  • Hyram FyramHyram Fyram Posts: 3,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else ever think what has just occurred to me - remind me a bit of a female Morecambe & Wise?

Two of them. One with glasses. That's about it.
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's OK but there's been no feature so far that would make you want to catch every episode.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they are more enjoyable to watch than Ant and Dec, they (Mel and Sue) seem to have a good strong relationship while Ant and Dec just seem to be "friends" for wages, there is no natural rhythim to the chaps just give me Mel and Sue any day
  • BluejuBlueju Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very good and with Jen Saunders too who's always up for a laugh. Doing an excellent job with the show being live too...plenty of off the cuff laughs too which is a good feature. Looking forward to the rest of the run.
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enjoying it, cosy and friendly :)

Poth, any idea how long it's on for?
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,980
    Forum Member
    6 weeks.

I really enjoyed it
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    6 weeks.

I really enjoyed it

Thanks!

Hopefully it will be back if it gets good figures.
  • WhyIsTVSoAwfulWhyIsTVSoAwful Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still preferred them when they sang 'Respectable'.
  • jojoenojojoeno Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sue gave the lovely blonde with open blouse a few telling looks to the tune of mmmmmmm shes nice!!!!

Sue you little minx
  • KarlyKarly Posts: 10,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caught the end of it on +1. I have a question about something that really really bugs me. Is it just in our tv region or is it everywhere that the continuity announcer talks over the best bit of the credits? Was really looking forward to the rendition of Lion sleeps tonight and as soon as the weemaways finished and they were about to sing off went the sound and on went "Later on UTV we have...." >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caught the end of it on +1. I have a question about something that really really bugs me. Is it just in our tv region or is it everywhere that the continuity announcer talks over the best bit of the credits? Was really looking forward to the rendition of Lion sleeps tonight and as soon as the weemaways finished and they were about to sing off went the sound and on went "Later on UTV we have...." >:(

I thought it was networked as ours was spoken over too. Maybe she said ITV ? I cant stand the continuity people doing that either....telling you in the afternoon whats on late at night too ! Think she timed it though so that Mel and Sue could get that end little sequence clear with Jen Saunders leaving etc in. Wondered whether that was a pre record given the lack of time at the end. Good laugh anyway that apart.
  • my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

think that was Melon Kim, who has the same unusual Christian name as Melon Sue but they are two different people i'm certain
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,542
    Forum Member

:D:D:D

I thought this was awful. Just like an American show with all the screaming >:(

Turned off after 5 mins.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    :D:D:D

I thought this was awful. Just like an American show with all the screaming >:(

Turned off after 5 mins.

I think hopefully it was because it was the first in the series. They whip 'em up in studio don't they. I remember though giving Paul O Grady a swerve in the end on his 5 0' Clock show because of the same racket which seemed hysterical at times.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,542
    Forum Member
    Blueju wrote: »
    I think hopefully it was because it was the first in the series. They whip 'em up in studio don't they. I remember though giving Paul O Grady a swerve in the end on his 5 0' Clock show because of the same racket which seemed hysterical at times.

I have noticed most shows now have the audience screaming at the top of their voices. .

Even games shows are now OTT imo. Why do we have to copy other Countries!
  • Mr SirsMr Sirs Posts: 4,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blueju wrote: »
    I thought it was networked as ours was spoken over too. Maybe she said ITV ? I cant stand the continuity people doing that either....telling you in the afternoon whats on late at night too ! Think she timed it though so that Mel and Sue could get that end little sequence clear with Jen Saunders leaving etc in. Wondered whether that was a pre record given the lack of time at the end. Good laugh anyway that apart.

Announcer comes on STV too - annoying as she/he usually says something brainless about the prog. just finished as an opener - "Well that was amazing" or "Well that was edge of your seat stuff :confused: >:( - then onto "next up it's more drama from the dales..." - all the while sandwiching the credits into a corner so you can't see some interesting stuff like where the prog. was filmed, or thanks to xyz etc.. >:(
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it was Awful
  • darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else ever think what has just occurred to me - remind me a bit of a female Morecambe & Wise?

Not sure they'd thank you for that observation. In fact, in all probability, neither would Eric & Ernie (if alive).
  • StigidStigid Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abysmal.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    Love Mel and Sue :D I've just watched and thoroughly enjoyed it.
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mel - great, Sue - too loud and interrupts too much (she obviously went to the Jonathon Ross School of showbiz).
  • Tony RichardsTony Richards Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    Mel was dreadful. The show was agony to watch. Such a pity as I normally like Sue.