Liz Jones - YOU magazine (Part 3)

Comments

• DeliriumTremensDeliriumTremens Posts: 2,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She had a whole Dreary entry about how she got the barn and house exorcised once.

Obviously it didn't work - demonLiz is still there!
  • Paula PanzerPaula Panzer Posts: 297
    Forum Member

A pointless, ill-structured rant.

As far as the Diary goes, whether she has the family's permission or not, it is cheap journalism in every sense. The way she goes directly from her brother's letter/email to her horse is weird - more than weird. Can her offerings get much worse?
  • vampyrevampyre Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pink15 wrote: »
    agree with everything that is usually written about Lizard here but in her smallest defence surely even she would not quote that email without the permission of her family??!!

I would hope so but she has estranged herself from her family before by blabbing against their wishes before.
    I'm sure she would justify this by saying people wanted to know and doubtless that's true, but really it isn't reader's business beyond a polite thank you for your concern and that should have been the bottom line.
  • Sarah SoreenSarah Soreen Posts: 5,568
    Forum Member
    Words fail me to. I mean I am literally :eek: :mad: :eek:

So the first part is an email from a brother about the funeral. The gut wrenching funeral of a young man. Taken way before his time.

And she goes from that to "Anyway, because of Lizzies frequent foot absesses" Really? Really? REALLY!!!!!

If my eyes don't deceive me she then progresses to tell us about her homeopathic horse healer and its bone realignment and an unfortunate case of one of the cats sitting on something a bit sticky.

Then the possibility that Nic reckons she has a demon in the house ending with the phrase "She don't do demons"

It's early, I may still be dreaming this. I may be having a funny turn and am imagining I just read that utter waffle. But every time I check, it's still there! This is actually the total sum of her copy for the Diary this week. Shoot, I need to have a lie down!

BIB, exactly my thoughts last night apart from "It's late" instead. Having slept, alas they are still the same.

Maybe I should read her articles after a couple of bottles of wine? I've often thought they are produced after a couple, maybe I would "get it" if I read them bladdered instead?

This could be the secret ingredient we are all missing :p
  • serenity2012serenity2012 Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Does anyone think the E mail from the brother is a little strange? It is a well written account of a funeral, but he is writing to his sister, not an acquaintance. It reads as though it was actually intended for publication. It is not how I would give an account of such a sad time to any of my siblings. Actually I would call them or meet up once I was back home to talk it through, certainly if I had a sister who didn't take account of family privacy I wouldn't give her anything she could use in such a manner as she appears to have done.
    I fail to understand why she didn't accompany her brother in the first place. I am sure the DM would have understood and not forced her to produce insightful articles on spray tan use by celebs or what ever she thinks is journalism......... (which seemed to be so imperative that she couldn't spend an afternoon with her "so called boyfriend" even though the "relationship" seemed to be hanging by a thread)
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone think the E mail from the brother is a little strange? It is a well written account of a funeral, but he is writing to his sister, not an acquaintance. It reads as though it was actually intended for publication. It is not how I would give an account of such a sad time to any of my siblings. Actually I would call them or meet up once I was back home to talk it through, certainly if I had a sister who didn't take account of family privacy I wouldn't give her anything she could use in such a manner as she appears to have done.
    I fail to understand why she didn't accompany her brother in the first place. I am sure the DM would have understood and not forced her to produce insightful articles on spray tan use by celebs or what ever she thinks is journalism......... (which seemed to be so imperative that she couldn't spend an afternoon with her "so called boyfriend" even though the "relationship" seemed to be hanging by a thread)

I have to say, BIB was my first thought. I was suprised to find out it was written by her brother not her.

Not sure what to make of the dreary other than it in awfully poor taste and terribly written. Where any truth lies I couldn't and wouldn't even want to hazard a guess this week.

As for her other piece. Does she really think people dislike her because she is childless and has a flat stomach? No, its because she is a nasty, bitter person who frequently writes stuff so offensive it is pretty much impossible to have an ounce of sympathy for her.

The quality of her writting seems to be getting even worse of late - whether that is because of drink or contempt for her editors and readers I don't really care. She is becoming too much of a chore to read and a poor parody of herself.
  • cathrincathrin Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    (ETA: I wrote this post before I'd caught up on the thread. Having just read the posts above, I see we all had the same reaction! Apologies for repeating what has been said already.)

Truly a new low. Whether the email from the brother is genuine or not, the Diary today is breathtakingly shocking and awful. More than half the text is made up of her brother's account of the nephew's funeral. If it's real, did the brother give permission for his account of this deeply private occasion to be used as column fodder? Did he receive half the fee? Did the rest of the family, all mentioned in the email, OK it?

Let's not forget, Liz has just recently bragged to her readers that cutting and pasting other people's emails into her column is "like a holiday" for her (even when specifically requested not to do so). So, if the email is genuine, it leaves a very nasty taste in the mouth to see it used this way.

If the email isn't genuine, and this description of the funeral has been used as a way of filling the column with the details of a sad occasion on which Liz wasn't present, then it's equally tasteless for that reason. Whatever the purpose of her Diary nowadays, it surely isn't this.

But as others have said, by far the most jaw-dropping moment is that "Anyway...." breezily leading straight back to "business as usual", i.e. more animal injuries and demons in the house. Somehow that word "Anyway" says it all, conjuring up an image of Liz moving swiftly on, (having successfully used her family's very private and devastating grief to garner some sympathy for herself), to the usual stuff.

Horrible, shocking and unbelievable.
  • cathrincathrin Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BTW, I know she has written about her nephew in her columns two or three times now....but...has she actually written anything about her own interaction/relationship with him? I may have missed it if she has....but every time I've read anything she's written about him, it's always recounting the story from a distance, factual details or other people's words, stories about his film-making etc. Nothing at all to indicate anything about her own relationship with him, whether they were close, how they got on, that sort of thing. None of those little personal stories that people would normally be telling when speaking fondly of a deceased loved one.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting she didn't know the boy personally...but given that she's used his sad story for column fodder, it just seems really odd that she hasn't written any nice "auntie/nephew" stuff, anything about what kind of a relationship she had with him, what he was like to be around etc. That seems to make it even more inappropriate that she's used his tragic death as column fodder in the way she has and then moved briskly on to horse's hooves and being nasty about mothers with children. I can't stop thinking about that "Anyway".
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read it and got a bit confused as I haven't read it for a while, who is Nick, is this the nephew who died, or a brother who died?
  • vampyrevampyre Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read it and got a bit confused as I haven't read it for a while, who is Nick, is this the nephew who died, or a brother who died?

Both.
    Nick Danger was her 21 year old nephew who recently passed away and he was named after Nick Jones who died sometime ago who was her oldest brother.
  • BeabarbBeabarb Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Hi, ive been lurking for quite a while & i am definitely no lover of Ms Jones.
    Apparently her nephew died at the beginning of June, I found what i think is his obituary
    http://tributes.heraldsun.com.au/obituaries/heraldsun-au/obituary.aspx?n=nicholas-ryan-danger-nick&pid=157930223

I'd have thought a week long enough to be able to arrange to get there. I also like to think my family would have kept me informed during all the sadness.
    Forum Member
    I wasnt expecting another one so quickly! Found this one by luck (good or bad I'm not sure)

Anyway, Katie Holmes is wrong for wearing a dress and heels after her breakup. She should be in sack-cloth and ashes....

Think that covers it.

Enjoy over your morning cuppas :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2170683/LIZ-JONES-FASHION-THERAPY-Sorry-Katie-post-split-makeovers-make-look-cheap.html
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wasnt expecting another one so quickly! Found this one by luck (good or bad I'm not sure)

Anyway, Katie Holmes is wrong for wearing a dress and heels after her breakup. She should be in sack-cloth and ashes....

Think that covers it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2170683/LIZ-JONES-FASHION-THERAPY-Sorry-Katie-post-split-makeovers-make-look-cheap.html

It's late, by rights I should be in bed. And reading that in my exhausted state just made me think:

Liz Jones. Why don't you just f**k off?

Sorry :o
  • newbabynewbaby Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Think that covers it.

I think (no: I know) the last person on earth I'd seek advice from following a break-up would be LJ, who is hardly a good advertisement for How To Get Over Things.
  • BeabarbBeabarb Posts: 24
    Forum Member

Think that covers it.

Thats put me off my frosties -I feel a bit sick now!
    Forum Member

Think that covers it.

Oh dear, oh dear. She is so wrong on almost every point.
    Forum Member
    Oh dear, oh dear. She is so wrong on almost every point.

I only got about half way before my eyes glazed and had similar thoughts to Lotty. I'd intended opening the article above it but the Mail website jumped a little and I caught that one in error. I hadnt even noticed it was her until it was open.

I guess I'd best make another cuppa before I look at the comments as I expect it has gone down "really" well with people lol.

Still, one today means there shouldnt be any more for a few days (unless they roll out Samantha Brick tomorrow of course :eek:)
    Forum Member
    Beabarb wrote: »
    Thats put me off my frosties -I feel a bit sick now!

I meant to add, Welcome to DS :D:D
  • SeabirdSeabird Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally gobsmacked at the You column, it's like she's just welded on the brother's report of the funeral onto an article that was going to be published before this news arrived. Nothing adds up, she's been going on about a trip to Australia since after last Xmas and claimed to have purchased and thrown away the ticket; non of the reasons for her not going were feasible; she would have gone to see a ficticious rock star, she would have gone to wreck the marriage of a South American Married Man with Tiny Children, but she couldn't go to be with her nephew and sister knowing he had so little time? Agree about the brother's letter/email, it sounded as if it was a 'round robin' that would be sent out to many people, so perhaps that's why she thought it was ok to print it. I know different people deal with death in their own, sometimes weird way. I have a cousin very similar in nature to Liz, when I first saw her shortly after the death of my beloved father (her father's brother) she didn't make any mention of his death. When I brought up the subject she just stared at me blankly and said "My dog's just died as well you know!". You really have to pity them.
  • StockingfillerStockingfiller Posts: 3,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .An ex friend asked me why I was a bit quiet.( Not causing an atmosphere in a group - was just a bit more quiet than usual). I told her that my sister was seriously ill in hospital but I had come out for just an hour's break. . The reply was, " I don't want to know about that ! . I've got bad piles, you know !". :eek:

I get the distict impression that Liz Jones is of the same ilk.
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Been reading this thread a few times now and found it quite entertaining so thought it's time to post.
    I don't have much to say except that I find Liz Jones to be utterly ghastly. It's so annoying that she is paid to write absolute rubbish.

And the article above listing the do's and don'ts for after a break up, is pointless really as people deal with break ups in different ways in which they feel comfortable with. Who in their right mind would take advice off Liz anyway?! I certainly won't.
    Forum Member
    I only got about half way before my eyes glazed and had similar thoughts to Lotty. I'd intended opening the article above it but the Mail website jumped a little and I caught that one in error. I hadnt even noticed it was her until it was open.

I guess I'd best make another cuppa before I look at the comments as I expect it has gone down "really" well with people lol.

Still, one today means there shouldnt be any more for a few days (unless they roll out Samantha Brick tomorrow of course :eek:)

I'll never make a joke that that again!! :eek::eek::eek:

Liz Jones Mk II

In fact LJ could have written this!
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2171225/I-snoop-mans-emails-I-dont-trust-women-says-Samantha-Brick.html

What is it with these women??? Anyway, I will not make such a joke again.... Look what happened! :o
    Forum Member

Liz Jones Mk II

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2171225/I-snoop-mans-emails-I-dont-trust-women-says-Samantha-Brick.html

What is it with these women??? Anyway, I will not make such a joke again.... Look what happened! :o

One look at the devastating Pascal and you can understand why women would be chasing him in their droves. Samantha Brick is of the ilk that truly believes that if a man is unfaithful it is not his fault but that of the predatory woman who initiates all contact. And even if he is not technically savvy, the point about a clandestine second mobile is that it is... clandestine. If he wants to, he will. Silly woman.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bbclassics wrote: »
    Been reading this thread a few times now and found it quite entertaining so thought it's time to post.
    I don't have much to say except that I find Liz Jones to be utterly ghastly. It's so annoying that she is paid to write absolute rubbish.

And the article above listing the do's and don'ts for after a break up, is pointless really as people deal with break ups in different ways in which they feel comfortable with. Who in their right mind would take advice off Liz anyway?! I certainly won't.

Agree completely.

I don't understand why anyone would take advice from someone as obviously deluded and insecure as Liz Jones. What a bloody weird world we live in.
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Liz Jones Mk II

I'm blaming you if it is Shona Sibary tomorrow:eek:
This discussion has been closed.