Britney Jean: Album thread

1789101113»

Comments

• Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Work Bitch was the worst lead single I have ever seen from a mainstream pop star.

Its no wonder the album has flopped when that song was its representation.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Linseyap wrote: »
    Yeah but it was only 3 years ago, Britney has done more in the same amount of time. And it's not like she's been hiding in her house, she has made a lot of TV appearances and the video been played a lot. Also, if you want to talk UK wise, Christina did no promotion here yet Bionic went to no.1 and sold twice the amount Britney Jean did in the first week. Yes addmitedly Britneys sales were horrendous in the UK.

I'm a fan of both so I'm not trying to say one is better than the other, just that a lot of Britney fans love to hurl the abuse at Christina, it's quite amusing that now the same thing has happened to Britney.

Maybe you simply forgot the records Christina set with Bionic not only was it the lowest selling number one album in chart history but also the biggest drop. Britney did do appearances here about 2 month before the album dropped and there was no mention on the album release date or even an advertisement for the album.

I am a fan of them both also but to put Britney in the same zone as Christina because of one bad album is ridiculous after all it's Britneys 8th album in a 15 year career also If you was to compare the BJ sold more than Lotus.... also if we are talking U.S Britney still out sold Christina when Christina is on the biggest talent show over there so lets not compare
  • LinseyapLinseyap Posts: 5,748
    Forum Member
    Maybe you simply forgot the records Christina set with Bionic not only was it the lowest selling number one album in chart history but also the biggest drop. Britney did do appearances here about 2 month before the album dropped and there was no mention on the album release date or even an advertisement for the album.

I am a fan of them both also but to put Britney in the same zone as Christina because of one bad album is ridiculous after all it's Britneys 8th album in a 15 year career also If you was to compare the BJ sold more than Lotus.... also if we are talking U.S Britney still out sold Christina when Christina is on the biggest talent show over there so lets not compare

I don't see how that record is relevant, the sales are still the same. And that record has been beaten since, a sign of the times.

And Britney mentioned the album plenty when she was over here, it was on a British radio station she first announced the album title.

I will reiterate that Christina has done less albums in the same amount of time so 8th album/5th album doesn't really matter, it's the same passage of time. Their careers and images have been damaged in different ways and they are both in the spotlight in different ways now. Christina has become more a of a television personality, Britney is just known for being Britney, she will always be a household name.

Britney Jean has actually sold little more than Lotus but that's not really relevant either. I'm comparing it to Christina's flop record for which she has been lambasted for cruelly. Britney will not receive the same treatment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Linseyap wrote: »
    I don't see how that record is relevant, the sales are still the same. And that record has been beaten since, a sign of the times.

And Britney mentioned the album plenty when she was over here, it was on a British radio station she first announced the album title.

I will reiterate that Christina has done less albums in the same amount of time so 8th album/5th album doesn't really matter, it's the same passage of time. Their careers and images have been damaged in different ways and they are both in the spotlight in different ways now. Christina has become more a of a television personality, Britney is just known for being Britney, she will always be a household name.

Britney Jean has actually sold little more than Lotus but that's not really relevant either. I'm comparing it to Christina's flop record for which she has been lambasted for cruelly. Britney will not receive the same treatment.

I think she still holds that record tbh. Christinas Bionic was actually supposed to be her big comeback though she promoted it everywhere in the US yet still flopped Britneys comback was Blackout/Circus and sold alot more compared to Christinas comeback. Christina hadn't recorded in years to release Bionic and get them low sales showed sadly how much she wasn't missed by the public.

Yeah Britneys album flopped but you can't compare to Bionic for that reason. Yes she did mention her album but not her release date on any interview regardless it would still have performed badly unless sge performed.

I just don't understand how you can compare Bionic to BJ it makes no sense at all.
  • LinseyapLinseyap Posts: 5,748
    Forum Member
    I think she still holds that record tbh. Christinas Bionic was actually supposed to be her big comeback though she promoted it everywhere in the US yet still flopped Britneys comback was Blackout/Circus and sold alot more compared to Christinas comeback. Christina hadn't recorded in years to release Bionic and get them low sales showed sadly how much she wasn't missed by the public.

Yeah Britneys album flopped but you can't compare to Bionic for that reason. Yes she did mention her album but not her release date on any interview regardless it would still have performed badly unless sge performed.

I just don't understand how you can compare Bionic to BJ it makes no sense at all.

Bionic was never a comeback, she always took long breaks between albums. Her movie had just been out so she was in the public eye. I'd say Lotus was more intended for that but she sat on her arse and let it die.

I don't know how you can't see the comparison! The sales are very close in the US so the comparison is obviously there. And it's her first that hasn't made top 20 in the UK and the sales are pretty abysmal for her. It's her first that can be considered a flop, as Bionic was for Christina. The comparisons are glaringly obvious.

Btw she did mention the release date the same time she revealed the title http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsEWdBvv6L0