Well Done Esperanza Spalding For Best New Artist!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 593
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfBUlG6efVU

Best moment is the look of Justin when he did not win - cocky brat. Wasn't even happy about the winner. Compare this to Florence who clapped respectedly for Esperanza (and probably glad she didn't lose to the brat)!:D

And this is how his fans took it without even knowing her:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X14jC9Fa2_0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-1gl0w8gAU

"Worst than the outbreak of AIDS" and "little asian school children working in those nike shoe factories" ??

These girls need to get a life, learn about real music / real talent, educate themselves, and be slapped for their racist comments.

I think this generation has no hope at all. Glad that real talent won this award. There is hope in music.

Well done and well deserved to Esperanza Spalding!

PS - Wanted Florence by respect Esperanza's win.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wanted Drake to win but well done to Esperanza-and it just goes to show that Bieber fans are the most pathetic fans ever.
  • gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    While I'm glad Bieber didn't win, that award really should have gone to Florence or Mumford & Sons, but well done to Esperanza I guess.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Mumford & Sons deserved it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was shocked by esperenza, never heard of her. She's an ok jazz bassist but good lords are those bieber fans disturbing!

They need decades of psycological therapy.
  • daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    I'm not familiar with her music, but from the short little intro I can tell she is better than Justin Bieber. Any of the other nominees would be more deserving than him actually.
  • daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    Califa wrote: »
    I was shocked by esperenza, never heard of her. She's an ok jazz bassist but good lords are those bieber fans disturbing!

They need decades of psycological therapy.

Could not agree more.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    I don't really care about music awards, but I would have wanted Florence to get it, if anybody. I have to admit that this Esperanza Spalding is a worthy winner though. I'd never heard of her either, but I'm listening to her on Spotify and she's produced some intellectually stimulating compositions - a rare feat amongst Grammy winners, at least in the main categories.
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    I don't really care about music awards, but I would have wanted Florence to get it, if anybody. I have to admit that this Esperanza Spalding is a worthy winner though. I'd never heard of her either, but I'm listening to her on Spotify and she's produced some intellectually stimulating compositions - a rare feat amongst Grammy winners, at least in the main categories.

I've just been having a listen, and although probably wouldn't buy an album, I might well pick up a few tracks of hers - Would have loved Mumford and Sons to get it, but can totally see why she won.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've not really heard of her if I'm honest, I would've prefered M&S or Florence as I'm from the UK! I fail to see Miranda Lambert only won one, she should've won Best Country Song and Album! I'm quite happy for Esperanza though, she beat the **** Bieber!
  • PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    Well done to Espernanzas, but who the hell are you?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've not really heard of her if I'm honest, I would've prefered M&S or Florence as I'm from the UK! I fail to see Miranda Lambert only won one, she should've won Best Country Song and Album! I'm quite happy for Esperanza though, she beat the **** Bieber!

My favourite dog died n the backyard....and when she got that one grammy I swear she dropped hints that other people wrote it for her!

It's a bad enough line god forbid if a professional songwriter wrote it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Califa wrote: »
    My favourite dog died n the backyard....and when she got that one grammy I swear she dropped hints that other people wrote it for her!

It's a bad enough line god forbid if a professional songwriter wrote it!
    She is a brilliant country artist imo... Deserved at least one of the major awards, not just 'Best Female Country Vocal Performance' or however you word it... :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is a brilliant country artist imo... Deserved at least one of the major awards, not just 'Best Female Country Vocal Performance' or however you word it... :(

Not against Lady Antebellum.
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who?? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done to Ms Spalding! :) Been googling her since I didn't know who the heck she is, she's a very talented young lady who has been working hard and honing her craft...She has a very good voice, will have to give her other songs a listen...Thank god the Grammy Committee went with her than Bieber who doesn't deserve the award at all!
  • Columbo FanColumbo Fan Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OP those youtube videos are taking the piss out of Justin and his fans and of course ultimately looking for hits on their page.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OP those youtube videos are taking the piss out of Justin and his fans and of course ultimately looking for hits on their page.

Don't think so given these messages on twitter that someone posted. Also the first girl has clearly a fan with a t-shirt, poster etc:
    "JUSTIN BIEBER DESERVED IT GO DIE IN A HOLE. WHO THE HECK ARE YOU ANYWAY?"

"SHE IS F**KING RETARD (sic) THAT NO ONE HAS HEARD OF SO B**CH PLEASE DIE!"

"@EspeSpalding FU** YOOOU B**** .I. ALL THE BELIBERS HATE YOU!!! NOBODY KNOWS YOUUU!!!! WHO THE HELL ARE YOOOOUU?? FU** YOU .I. HATE YOU."

"FOUND HER, THIS IS THE PSYCHO B***H THAT BEAT THE BIEBER, LET’S KILL HER. #12yearoldfangirlmoment @EspeSpalding"

"Hey, @EspeSpalding how does it feel to know that approx.. 7 Million people on planet earth wanna shoot/stab/strangle/drown you?"
  • Highland RubyHighland Ruby Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    Jesus Christ that is seriously disturbing. I know people may argue that every artist has their nutjob fans but I've never seen anything like this bunch.
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :mad: Those comments are vile.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :mad: Those comments are vile.

They are still at it on twitter putting these vile comments.