Hollyoaks - Nancy's Revenge

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,222
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Has she gone too far? or is she not going far enough?

Comments

• kjg1995kjg1995 Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    Just doesn't seem very Nancy! Depends how far they take it, she goes too far then people lose sympathy for her (especially when it seems like Siennas popularity is increasing.)

Bit harsh to steal the legend that is Jacks money though!
  • cmazzacmazza Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she could have gone about it in a different manner like standing Darren up at the alter, stealing is not Nancy.
  • Teabag84Teabag84 Posts: 2,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it is a one off then I can manage that. Just to show him what it's like to not be believed. Beyond that it's not Nancy at all.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,643
    Forum Member
    Too far for me. It's just childish, and there's no excuse for stealing Jack's money.
  • Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    Maybe her brain injury is the cause.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,643
    Forum Member
    Scorpio2 wrote: »
    Maybe her brain injury is the cause.
    Her brain seemed to be working remarkably efficiently when she swiftly swooped on Jack's money and made off with it. Very quick-thinking for someone with brain damage.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kjg1995 wrote: »
    Just doesn't seem very Nancy! Depends how far they take it, she goes too far then people lose sympathy for her (especially when it seems like Siennas popularity is increasing.)

Stealing Jacks money was very low of her
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stealing Jacks money was very low of her

The Osbournes were quick to believe Sienna, the only one who sided with her was Tom. Her family left her on her own when she needed them the most. I'm team Nancy. She's been through a lot so I don't think it's unrealistic that Nancy would want some sort of revenge.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    The Osbournes were quick to believe Sienna, the only one who sided with her was Tom. Her family left her on her own when she needed them the most. I'm team Nancy. She's been through a lot so I don't think it's unrealistic that Nancy would want some sort of revenge.

But she's lowering herself in order to do it. That's what I have a problem with.
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,249
    Forum Member
    kjg1995 wrote: »

They can easily say that her head injury has made her behave out of character.

But...I don't blame her for being majorly miffed. The whole family including Jack and Frankie let her down very badly - even before Sienna started stirring they were unsympathetic about her addiction which is an illness - they should have been supporting her, not taking her kids away. Then she'd ended up spending months in a psych unit and with brain damage. Yes sienna was the culprit but Darren, Jack etc could have stopped it if they'd just trusted her. Plus, let's not forget that Nancy was a little minx when she first came in - of course she's grown up but that aspect of her character is still there.
  • cmazzacmazza Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But she's lowering herself in order to do it. That's what I have a problem with.

Yes I think she could have her revenge in a much more classier way and if this were a different soap or real life then she would. I would like to see Nancy get custody of Charlie and Oscar and adopt Tom, that would be revenge.
  • fairyfruitcakefairyfruitcake Posts: 1,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't see how she is lowering herself by wanting Darren to experience some of what she felt. To just sit there and suck it up wouldn't make her a better person, and I cannot see how being the strong fighter she has always been she could possibly just forgive and forget. She must be absolutely furious with all of them and no amount of grovelling by Darren would be enough
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've missed tonight's episode. What did Nancy do? She got back together quickly with Darren last night
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see how she is lowering herself by wanting Darren to experience some of what she felt. To just sit there and suck it up wouldn't make her a better person, and I cannot see how being the strong fighter she has always been she could possibly just forgive and forget. She must be absolutely furious with all of them and no amount of grovelling by Darren would be enough

Exactly, why did they need to see it with their own eyes to believe Sienna was insane, she was family and Darren's wife but that wasn't enough. I was angry when she said yes, so happy it wasn't genuine.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think I quite understand it all...
  • bananashakebananashake Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm loving it and can't wait to see where it's going to go.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think I quite understand it all...

Well none of the Osborne's believed Nancy and Tom and they both suffered because of it so now they're getting revenge.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    Getting everyone to believe Darren was gambling again was kinda diabolical although quite fitting. I just felt it was a bit twisted in a way that Nancy hadn't previously been.

Then again, what she went through with Sienna coupled with the brain injury could have made her a more changed woman than we've seen yet.
  • Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    I bet Nancy deliberately told Jack about Frankie and Ziggy. She might destroy the whole Osborne family as an act of revenge.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly, why did they need to see it with their own eyes to believe Sienna was insane, she was family and Darren's wife but that wasn't enough. I was angry when she said yes, so happy it wasn't genuine.

Paying someone to return Darren's wallet after he swore on his sons life was absolutely terrible. If she wanted revenge then should just have refused to get back together with him.
    jimthepig wrote: »
    Well none of the Osborne's believed Nancy and Tom and they both suffered because of it so now they're getting revenge.

Tom has no idea what Nancy is doing
    Getting everyone to believe Darren was gambling again was kinda diabolical although quite fitting. I just felt it was a bit twisted in a way that Nancy hadn't previously been.

Then again, what she went through with Sienna coupled with the brain injury could have made her a more changed woman than we've seen yet.

I hope this change isn't permanent and is out of her system soon
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jimthepig wrote: »

Tom isn't in on it, is he? I got why Nancy did what she did, I guess I just don't think it fits in with her character :blush:
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love it.

Same here, couldnt think of a better way, Its exactly like what Darren did to her, I'm with Nancy on this one, Im glad shes doing this!
  • mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    I loved Darren and Nancy as a couple and individuals, then they ruined Darren and relationship beyond belief in a plot contrived way. I guess they might as well do the same with Nancy. I'd rather something in character personally. Nancy is better than lowering herself like this - it would have been a stronger action for her to walk away from the relationship, head held high, than revenge.

We all know they'll end up getting back together anyway so this is just destroying the relationship even further in the mean time.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh. My. God.

Suspension of reality part a zillion.

WHY is Hollyoaks stuffed full of deceitful, self-serving, bizarrely vengeful characters that change like the wind (supposedly representing ordinary people) sleeping with one another's inlaws/round robin bedhopping, playing the Krays in plain sight and having what can only be described as schizoid episodes by turning on/using friends/loved ones rather than just being honest and telling them to get lost?

PS: On the plus side, none of these guys can hold a torch to the mighty flame of awesomeness that is Darren.

Is it just me or is he getting better looking with age?