Options

Help! Really want a desinger handbag for Christmas

chuck_wipplchuck_wippl Posts: 5,099
Forum Member
...that's pretty much the exact same style as this bag:

http://www.theoutnet.com/product/76447#

but ya know, not for £500+....I'm looking from something around £200.

Tell me truthfully, am I going to find this illusive £200 Alexander McQueen-looking bag? :( I've been everywhere.

Harrods site, John Lewis, Selfridges, House of Fraser, Asos, Net-a-porter, The Outnet...Where else can I go?

I'm really after the shiny black effect and gold metal detail. Sort of like Liz Locke from the Apprentice's bag if anyone watches it.

Can anyone help?

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    Hmmmmm....I take that as a 'no' :D
  • Options
    iiHEARTy0uiiHEARTy0u Posts: 13,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that site is in dollars so it would work out at around 288 pounds.

Lovely bag btw.
  • Options
    +Quattro++Quattro+ Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gorgeous bag! There's a real one on eBay for Buy It Now £450 that also has a Make an Offer option if that's of any use? You might get lucky with a much lower offer as it's getting nearer to Christmas.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUTHENTIC-ALEXANDER-MCQUEEN-FLAPPER-CROCODILE-BAG-970-/160514521281?pt=Women_s_Bags&hash=item255f6938c1

Just did a quick search and found several others that are similar so may be worth doing a good search. I really like this one and they might have it in black as well.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MOSU-BROWN-DESIGNER-LEATHER-HANDBAG-DAKOTA-LARGE-GRAB-/270556626380?pt=Women_s_Bags&hash=item3efe6e7dcc

Good luck and let us know how you get on please. :)

ETA. Just noticed the McQueen finishes at about 8 o'clock tomorrow morning so defo worth making an offer I reckon. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the replies, and I will defnitely come back to let you know what happened and/or if I manage to find anything else.

And I know, it's gooooooorgeous! :D

EDIT: Oh wow it does finish at 8am! Gotta get in contact with my dad before then!!!!!! Might send the seller a message just in case. Thanks again for going through the effort of looking for my perfect bag.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hello

World's most belated update here! :D

Turns out I didn't get the bag. The brand new one, or the one of eBay :cry: BUT! I did find out upon closer inspection, that the one Liz Locke had in The Apprentice is indeed exactly the same one I was after!

I didn't want to get it specifically because she had it, by no means, but I just think it's weird that I kept going on and on to my parents about her bag saying "Anything like that, in that style, sort of looks like that" and the one I found (the Alexander McQueen one!) was literally THAT bag.

Ah well. Instead I got some fancy Ugg boots which I don't really like tbh so I shall be returning them once I'm no longer ill.