Dan Wootton & Norway Massacre

Chrissy1978ukChrissy1978uk Posts: 233
Forum Member
Dan Wootton is coming under fire from many twitter users both last night and this morning for his "views" about how Amy Winehouse should have been the lead story on BBC & ITV News.

Offending Tweet
@RachelFabMag @DavidWooding Amy all the way for me. Norway is a day old. Amy is an icon gone.

How the hell can he say this? As someone posted this morning to him , Would he say this if one of his family had been involved in the massacre?

Other Tweets

I agree RT @jamesro47: Terribly depressing news about amy winehouse and utterly remarkable neither itv or bbc bulletins lead on it"

Then he posted this tweet after receiving a barrage of abuse mainly being called the "C" & "B" word.

"Wish we could debate the news agenda without personal abuse. People are allowed to express their opinions on what should lead the news"

he even admitted this to Steve Brookstein of all people

"@stevebrookstein I am sad because I know we would have done the story real justice"

http://twitter.com/danwootton
[

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    I think he's a vile and odious man. Almost everything he does seems to be repulsive :mad: He's apparently blocked people from tweeting him too, how courageous :rolleyes:
  • DomestiquesDomestiques Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An odious man, no sense at all of perspective, pop star self destructs versus massacre of innocent teenagers. No perspective.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a t***!

He's just bitter he can't get a scoop so is trying to keep himself relevant by saying something controversial.

I'm an Amy superfan and as gutted as I am about her passing, I agree with the editors in that it is only right that this Norway massacre is the lead story. It was an unforseen attack and as such 92 innocent people have been brutally murdered. Comparatively, Amy was a drug addict for years, so her death was pretty much a forgone conclusion. And while it's not about numbers, I do think that the death of innocents should take precedent over a singular self-inflicted death, legend or not.
  • JanieBJanieB Posts: 3,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he certainly has an inflated opinion of himself. First off, in the last issue of NOTW a couple of weeks back, he is pictured with all the "stars" who apparently thought he was the best thing since sliced bread. Then he goes on about keeping an eye out on his Twitter page because he will carry on breaking scoops etc like the super star journo he is (or thinks he is). He appeared on one of the news channels on TV last night (I kept flicking between BBC and Sky so can't recall which one). Incidentally Dan, both Sky and BBC featured Amy's death heavily on their programming schedules for most of yesterday afternoon and evening, at one point it was the lead story over Norway.

Can someone please lock Dan Wootton in to a box and throw away the key?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    I saw red when I read his tweet. What a vile little man he really is. The people in Norway died through no fault of their own, yet he thinks the death of someone who chose to take drugs is more important? Tw*t.
  • Cha Cha HeelsCha Cha Heels Posts: 653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Obviously thinks he should be head of news at the BBC or ITV to save them from themselves. Either that or he's up for a job at Sky and is brown nosing them. Perfectly ODIOUS man.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I’m not one to write to companies and complain but every time this little puke appears on the BBC then I will write to them and demand a refund on my licence fee. He should stick to tacky and naff celebrities and the gutter press.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan Wootton is coming under fire from many twitter users both last night and this morning for his "views" about how Amy Winehouse should have been the lead story on BBC & ITV News.

Offending Tweet
    @RachelFabMag @DavidWooding Amy all the way for me. Norway is a day old. Amy is an icon gone.

How the hell can he say this? As someone posted this morning to him , Would he say this if one of his family had been involved in the massacre?

Other Tweets

I agree RT @jamesro47: Terribly depressing news about amy winehouse and utterly remarkable neither itv or bbc bulletins lead on it"

Then he posted this tweet after receiving a barrage of abuse mainly being called the "C" & "B" word.

"Wish we could debate the news agenda without personal abuse. People are allowed to express their opinions on what should lead the news"

"@stevebrookstein I am sad because I know we would have done the story real justice"

[

I do agree witht the BIB though. He has just given HIS OPINION about what HE FEELS should be headline news. It should not lead to a personal attack and name calling. If you agree then express this but name calling is childish and undermines any valid point you may be trying to make
  • ValWValW Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go tell it to the Job Centre, Dan! :p
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,983
    Forum Member
    This is the chump who ran around getting his chops on TV saying how terrible it was the NOTW was closing.

His priority was himself, not those who were the subject of hacking.

He's excuse that is was an 'opinion' is tosh, it's about him crawling up the backsides of celebs and making them feel very important so they think of him as one of us, and in return provide 'exclusives'.
  • sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    This is the chump who ran around getting his chops on TV saying how terrible it was the NOTW was closing.

His priority was himself, not those who were the subject of hacking.

He's excuse that is was an 'opinion' is tosh, it's about him crawling up the backsides of celebs and making them feel very important so they think of him as one of us, and in return provide 'exclusives'.[/QUOTE]

And of course, other journalists don't do this, do they. :rolleyes:
    However l do disagree with him on this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexy_86 wrote: »
    What a t***!

He's just bitter he can't get a scoop so is trying to keep himself relevant by saying something controversial.

I'm an Amy superfan and as gutted as I am about her passing, I agree with the editors in that it is only right that this Norway massacre is the lead story. It was an unforseen attack and as such 92 innocent people have been brutally murdered. Comparatively, Amy was a drug addict for years, so her death was pretty much a forgone conclusion. And while it's not about numbers, I do think that the death of innocents should take precedent over a singular self-inflicted death, legend or not.

^^This. Couldn't have put it any better.

What a disrespectul imbecile that man is.
  • The Mad JokerThe Mad Joker Posts: 5,397
    Forum Member
    whats the beef between him and lilly allen
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

[

And thats the key point there.

He has no empathy for the people dying in norway, he has no real sympathy for amy or her family.

All he has is regret that he wasnt able to do a story on amys death.

And thats all she was to him, a body his parasitic self could latch onto and make money off.
  • Hector RivaHector Riva Posts: 2,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jude1979 wrote: »
    I do agree witht the BIB though. He has just given HIS OPINION about what HE FEELS should be headline news. It should not lead to a personal attack and name calling. If you agree then express this but name calling is childish and undermines any valid point you may be trying to make

I agree in a way. He's a showbiz journalist, so he will feel a showbiz story about the death of a showbiz person should be top news. He has very different priorities than most other people due to him living and working in the showbiz bubble. Now he's been sacked maybe he needs to return to reality and realise the enormity of the Norway massacre against the death of poor Amy.
  • *Clem**Clem* Posts: 4,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's an ass locked in his showbiz bubble world. I didn't really have an opinion of him either way before, but after reading that tweet about the Norway story being a day old... Ugh.
  • sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Clem* wrote: »
    He's an ass locked in his showbiz bubble world. I didn't really have an opinion of him either way before, but after reading that tweet about the Norway story being a day old... Ugh.

Well, l normally defend him, but when l saw that tweet, l was speechless:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does he still have his job on Lorraine after Daybreak on ITV? Coming out with foolish statements and the connection to the phone hacking scandal via his previous employer I would imagine ITV will be steering clear of him soon.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Offending Tweet

Other Tweets

[

Because basically he is a fat, balding, aging, thick as pig sh!t, vacuous, odious little turd with the brain of a maggot.
    I think that pretty much sums up why.
  • all_nightall_night Posts: 7,615
    Forum Member
    Does he still have his job on Lorraine after Daybreak on ITV? Coming out with foolish statements and the connection to the phone hacking scandal via his previous employer I would imagine ITV will be steering clear of him soon.

Lorraine programme has been using Daily Mail (i think) showbiz reporter to do the Friday showbiz roundup since NOTW was axed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    all_night wrote: »
    Lorraine programme has been using Daily Mail (i think) showbiz reporter to do the Friday showbiz roundup since NOTW was axed.

Ah, thanks. I guess without the newspaper backing him, he's just a guy on twitter and a bit redundant.
  • Chrissy1978ukChrissy1978uk Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    Lily Cooper don't you just love her!:):D;) :D

"@MrsLRCooper no such luck Lily. Not going anywhere love. PS: Retirement going as well as your shop?"

"@danwootton yes thank you, getting lots of rest, and shop and collection are both doing great !!!!"

"@danwootton @gordonsmart and there was me thinking we'd got rid of you, saw you all sweaty and exited on sky news yesterday, god your gross."
  • Super FrogSuper Frog Posts: 11,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a plonker.
  • lovely_ladylovely_lady Posts: 424
    Forum Member
    I love Dan Wootton :) A very clever man.
  • Super FrogSuper Frog Posts: 11,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Dan Wootton :) A very clever man.

What a plonker.