Next Dreamcast Game for PSN

ultron29ultron29 Posts: 2,245
Forum Member
✭✭✭
We got Sonic Adventure, Crazy Taxi and Jet Set Radio.

Power Stone next?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 481
    Forum Member
    I'm gagging to see a HD version of Legacy of Kain : Soul Reaver
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shenmue :o
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Would love to see Skies of Arcadia, Sonic Adventure 2, Shenmue and Shenmue II, Omikron (The Nomad Soul) and a few others.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    power stone was treasure not sega so idk.

can't wait for jsr.

edit:it was capcom that did power stone, not treasure, i'm a dunce
  • varsasvarsas Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blindness wrote: »
    power stone was treasure not sega so idk.

can't wait for jsr.

edit:it was capcom that did power stone, not treasure, i'm a dunce

Capcom did release a Power Stone collection for PSP; I'm surprised they've not done so on PSN/XBLA yet given what they are like with their other franchises!

I'm really looking forward to JSR especially if it's a good and enhanced port like the Daytona arcade one!

I'm not sure what else should be brought back from the DC era that doesn't already have a sequel...perhaps Skies of Arcadia? That has to be one of my favourite RPGs of all time and it was updated for the Gamecube.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ultron29 wrote: »
    We got Sonic Adventure, Crazy Taxi and Jet Set Radio.

Power Stone next?

Yeah "Power Stone" would be good
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I need Sonic Adventure 2 Battle

i had it on the gamecube but i had an unofficial memory, due to a lack of funds as i was still in school as time and the gamecube was a present, and the card would always randomly delete my sonic adventure 2 data so one day i got up early and did both the hero and Dark(i think it was called that) story and to my surprise there was a secret ending level and halfway through it.....

My gamecube crashes and the memory card hadn't saved once i have since sold the gamecube and moved on but the thought of getting it on the PSN and finally finishing is such a great thought
  • DRAGON LANCEDRAGON LANCE Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The two Shenmue games, Sky of Arcadia and Ferrari F355 Challenge would top my list. Panzer Dragoon Orta and Jet Set Radio Future off the X-box would also be pretty cool as well.

I suspect none of that lot will happen though.
  • TV KingTV King Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Dreamcast games that I would love to see release on XBLA are as followes.

Ferrari F355 Challenge Passione Rossa
    Sega Rally 2
    Daytona USA 2001
    Crazy Taxi 2
    F1 Racing
    F1 World Grand Prix 1
    F1 World Grand Prix 2
    Sonic Advencer 2
    metropolis Street Racer
    Shenmue 1
    Shenmue 2

Also is Jet Set Radio coming to XBLA?

If it is then this is news to me. So when is it going to be released and how much will it cost?
  • BartackBartack Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bangai-O

Border Down

Metropolis Street Racer

Space Channel 5

Power Stone 2
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    TV King wrote: »

If it is then this is news to me. So when is it going to be released and how much will it cost?

Yes it is, not sure when but quite soon I think. It's awesome news though, providing they do a good job of porting it and not a Crazy Taxi/Sonic Adventure style port.

The 360 has actually already seen quite a few DC games ported over to XBLA such as REZ HD, Triggerheart Exelica, Ikaruga, Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram, Soul Calibur and the other ones like Crazy Taxi, Sonic Adventure etc.

TBH there's not a great deal left that I'd truly want other than a few real gems that I cannot see happening for various reasons.

Zero Gunner 2
    Shenmue
    Powerstone
    F355 Challenge
    Phantasy Star Online
    Bangai O
    Capcom vs SNK
  • ultron29ultron29 Posts: 2,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shenmue 1 and 2
    Power Stone 1 and 2
    Sonic Adventure 2 Battle

The Dreamcast OWNED!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    I agree with Dragon Lance's choices generally. But I really just want the whole Panzer Dragoon series. Sega has made all kinds of Genesis collections; there are quite a few DC games that have had sequels, ports, and HD re-releases. The Master System was represented on Sonic's Ultimate Collection, and there are a number of MS/Game Gear titles for the Wii Virtual Console. But the Saturn just gets no love (outside of Daytona). I hear GG games are headed to the 3DS, but I think they should really be bringing Saturn and Dreamcast games to the system, (or N64 and Gamecube games for that matter). How about Burning Rangers? I don't know how much better it would look in HD, but that's a game worth revisiting...
  • DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to see Chu-Chu Rocket on there too
    Forum Member
    JakeMurrin wrote: »
    I agree with Dragon Lance's choices generally. But I really just want the whole Panzer Dragoon series. Sega has made all kinds of Genesis collections; there are quite a few DC games that have had sequels, ports, and HD re-releases. The Master System was represented on Sonic's Ultimate Collection, and there are a number of MS/Game Gear titles for the Wii Virtual Console. But the Saturn just gets no love (outside of Daytona). I hear GG games are headed to the 3DS, but I think they should really be bringing Saturn and Dreamcast games to the system, (or N64 and Gamecube games for that matter). How about Burning Rangers? I don't know how much better it would look in HD, but that's a game worth revisiting...

If we're talking Saturn games then Panzer Dragoon Zwei would be fantastic, been playing that recently on the Saturn and it's just as impressive today as it's always been. The soundtrack is so good, I can't think of a single game this generation that sounds anywhere near as epic.

Saturn remakes on the 3DS would be just perfect as the small screen could do the games justice and added 3D would be the icing on the cake.

It's weird though because as cool as it is to have ports of classic Sega games come to the PS3/360 in some respects I'd prefer them to just stay in the past and exclusive to the Sega consoles. If people really are fans then they will already own and play these games on the system they were originally made for. There's something special about gaming on Sega hardware, hunting down and buying the original games that cannot be replicated though a digital download and playing them with a dual shock controller etc. imo.

These are the games that defined Sega hardware not PS3 or 360, they have their own exclusives that do that and I just feel with each game that's ported it takes a little bit of the magic away from the original systems and retro gaming as a whole. It's hard to explain tbh.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Panzer Dragoon Saga! I know it was a Saturn game, but it by far beats anything I've EVER played!

Boxed copy too, not a XBLA release!
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    If we're talking Saturn games then Panzer Dragoon Zwei would be fantastic, been playing that recently on the Saturn and it's just as impressive today as it's always been. The soundtrack is so good, I can't think of a single game this generation that sounds anywhere near as epic.

Saturn remakes on the 3DS would be just perfect as the small screen could do the games justice and added 3D would be the icing on the cake.

It's weird though because as cool as it is to have ports of classic Sega games come to the PS3/360 in some respects I'd prefer them to just stay in the past and exclusive to the Sega consoles. If people really are fans then they will already own and play these games on the system they were originally made for. There's something special about gaming on Sega hardware, hunting down and buying the original games that cannot be replicated though a digital download and playing them with a dual shock controller etc. imo.

These are the games that defined Sega hardware not PS3 or 360, they have their own exclusives that do that and I just feel with each game that's ported it takes a little bit of the magic away from the original systems and retro gaming as a whole. It's hard to explain tbh.

But at the same time, these are easy ways to show SEGA there's still some interest in old franchises, which is extremely mad why they haven't pushed for a Shenmue and Shenmue II release on XBLA and PSN, despite it being the most requested, as ironic as it is, the series has built up a much larger following POST Dreamcast, so a re-release would do well.
    Forum Member
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    But at the same time, these are easy ways to show SEGA there's still some interest in old franchises, which is extremely mad why they haven't pushed for a Shenmue and Shenmue II release on XBLA and PSN, despite it being the most requested, as ironic as it is, the series has built up a much larger following POST Dreamcast, so a re-release would do well.

Yeah there is that but without wanting to sound pessimistic Sega are far from the same company they were when these games were created, that's just the realism of it. Nearly all of the great minds from in-house Sega teams have been fragmented throughout the industry so in most cases any sequel would never live up to the originals high standard, or they would try and mess with the formula to appease modern day tastes.

On top of that as time moves on these franchises are becoming less and less relevant, people just don't want to play a new Jet Set Radio or Shenmue game, the only people who do are Sega fans and those old enough to of experienced them first time around and even then we're a minority. The chances of a new Panzer Dragoon are so slim due to the horrific sales of Orta and that was with rave reviews from the gaming press. There's just no helping some people lol.
  • gojohnniegogogojohnniegogo Posts: 679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A little late to the party here, but (and I know people are probably getting bored of hearing it now) but both Shenmue games need to be brought over to XBLA/PSN. But I imagine it would be a huge task to show them the same kind of love Sonic CD received. If they are going to be brought over, I want them to get the whole polish. Ideally, you'd be able to continue your save from Shenmue to Shenmue 2 and be able to trade items like you could with the Passport disc.
  • varsasvarsas Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it is, not sure when but quite soon I think. It's awesome news though, providing they do a good job of porting it and not a Crazy Taxi/Sonic Adventure style port.

The 360 has actually already seen quite a few DC games ported over to XBLA such as REZ HD, Triggerheart Exelica, Ikaruga, Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram, Soul Calibur and the other ones like Crazy Taxi, Sonic Adventure etc.

TBH there's not a great deal left that I'd truly want other than a few real gems that I cannot see happening for various reasons.

Zero Gunner 2
    Shenmue
    Powerstone
    F355 Challenge
    Phantasy Star Online
    Bangai O
    Capcom vs SNK
    Jet Set Radio is set for the summer! With Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown also scheduled for that time it'll be the summer of SEGA! :D

Aside from Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia, I think I'm more interested in seeing Saturn games like Burning Rangers, Panzer Dragoon trilogy making the transition to HD; most of the other great games on Dreamcast have modern sequels e.g. Phantasy Star Online, Sega Rally, Virtua Fighter 3 or are from 3rd parties e.g. Powerstone, Marvel vs Capcom 2 or or both e.g. Soulcalibur.
  • TV KingTV King Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TV King wrote: »
    The Dreamcast games that I would love to see release on XBLA are as followes.

Ferrari F355 Challenge Passione Rossa
    Sega Rally 2
    Daytona USA 2001
    Crazy Taxi 2
    F1 Racing
    F1 World Grand Prix 1
    F1 World Grand Prix 2
    Sonic Advencer 2
    metropolis Street Racer
    Shenmue 1
    Shenmue 2

To add to my list of Dreamcast game that I would love to see released on XBLA are:

Spirit of Speed 1937
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Spirit+of+Speed+1937+on+Sega+Dreamcast&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari

Monaco Grand Prix Racing Simulation 2
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&client=safari&sa=X&ei=fdtTT8f1FIbE0QWGrb3nCw&ved=0CCIQBSgA&q=Monaco+Grand+Prix+Racing+Simulation+on+Sega+Dreamcast&spell=1&biw=480&bih=268
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shenmue or sega rally 2 for me 2 of my favourite DC games still find myself dipping into them every now and then.
  • tonywilsontonywilson Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    I haven't played Skies of Arcadia but would blind buy it if it was reissued.

Has Chu Chu Rocket been reissued on any platform yet? If not, why not?
  • tonywilsontonywilson Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    Speaking of Sega properties I'd love to see a reissue of the Nights into Dreams including Christmas Nights.

I'd buy that just for the soundtrack alone.
  • LongBallPleaseLongBallPlease Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread has made me so happy that I have a Dreamcast with 90% of the games mentioned, most originals, gonna play it this afternoon.

Maken x would be a great port, not a Sega game though, also Lack Of Love is a gem and I would love to finally play Segagaga, I've got it but it's all in Japanese.