Options

This Morning Interview highly unprofessional today

ncl*girlncl*girl Posts: 507
Forum Member
✭✭
Just watched the interview with an entrepreneur involving Holly, Philip and Denise and found the whole interview extremely unprofessional (regarding the Celeb Sperm Clinic)

Regardless of the topic area there was no need to treat a guest in such a rude and patronising manner. Holly was screeching "what the hell" throughout, Phil was laughing and I think Denise is only employed to belittle people with her high and mighty opinions.

I'm no advocate of what this gentleman does, but I've watched these presenters treat criminals with more respect, never mind a successful businessman.

Comments

• Options
    LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't see the interview so can't comment in that respect, but Denise Robertson gets right on my wick.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pip and the Willob are only there for the cash. They devote too much time to z-listers.
    Look at his Twitter, going ga-ga over Jon Cryer following him. He's a prat is Pip.
  • Options
    ncl*girlncl*girl Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just found it all too much to be honest, if presenters feel so strongly about the subject area it makes for a pointless interview. It seemed as if he'd just been brought on to be embarrassed. He's a businessman. He sees a market so he'll try to make an opportunity out of it. It may be morally controversial, but I bet there's a woman out there who saw it and was interested, and that's completely her choice and not for the presenters to judge.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    I thought they were supposed to be unbiased whilst interviewing. Very unprofessional to let their own feelings bombard their guest in such a way. It's not for them to decide whether it's right or wrong! If they felt so strongly against him then they shouldn't have even given him air time. Holly was behaving like a shocked school girl. If there are people out there who want to spend £15,000+ on a sperm donor then that's entirely up to them imo. By the way, I don't agree with what the guy is doing but I wouldn't condemn anyone for using his service!
  • Options
    LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »
    Pip and the Willob are only there for the cash. They devote too much time to z-listers.
    Look at his Twitter, going ga-ga over Jon Cryer following him. He's a prat is Pip.

Why else would they be there?
  • Options
    Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paxman Schofield managed to slip in Jimmy Savile into the conversation. :rolleyes:

This programme is nothing more than Take a Break on tv.
  • Options
    The WulfrunianThe Wulfrunian Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I shouldn't be looking to This Morning for professional interviews.
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pip and the Willob are only there for the cash.

You make it sound unusual. Why else do people have jobs?
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Holly was tittering away at the ludicrous conversation they were having about 'celebrity sperm'.
    I know that she should be professional, but if you take a step back and think about it I think you'd find it hard to not empathise with her here.
  • Options
    16caerhos16caerhos Posts: 2,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're both completely unprofessional and rude, as is Denis. The show is unwatchable to be honest.
  • Options
    mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I caught Zippy and George near the end. Roy Skelton who did the voices has passed on, but whoever is now voicing them have totally failed to capture anywhere near how they spoke.
    Even Jim Davidson did a better job when he occasionally impersonated them.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    I can't stand Phillip.

And I only like Holly when she is presenting with Eamon Holmes which is rare, she doesn't seem half as much as an idiot since he allows her to talk and actually present...
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The show should have gone when Richard and Judy left. This Morning is tired out and The Wright Stuff is so much better. Also you're right, there is too much fawning around Z listers and OK magazine style gossip.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,881
    Forum Member
    Too bad This Morning effectively lied to everyone, after being told by my flatmate who watched it today that Dan is fact an actor called Graham Dickson, who she has worked with.

Graham Dickson: http://www.thecnj.com/westend/2009/032009/wnews032009_08.html
  • Options
    PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^

That doesn't sound too good!
  • Options
    clara28clara28 Posts: 1,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    The show should have gone when Richard and Judy left. This Morning is tired out and The Wright Stuff is so much better. Also you're right, there is too much fawning around Z listers and OK magazine style gossip.

Both programmes are tripe.
  • Options
    Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikebuk wrote: »
    I caught Zippy and George near the end. Roy Skelton who did the voices has passed on, but whoever is now voicing them have totally failed to capture anywhere near how they spoke.

Wouldn't they make a better presenting couple?! :p

More fun anyway.

Agree, this show should have gone into the sunset with R & J. Surely only the very elderly and infirm who cannot get out have any excuse to watch it, and I'm sure it wouldn't stimulate even those people, no disrepect intended to those in this position. Anyone else should surely have better ways to fill the mornings, even if a student, jobless, on holiday or whatever else.

To think somebody actually thought replacing Richard & Judy with Twiggy & Coleen was a goer. :eek:
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,552
    Forum Member
    mikebuk wrote: »

It was sad not hearing the proper voices :(

And where is Bungle now :confused:
  • Options
    LousianaLousiana Posts: 1,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How is it still on-air? It's the biggest load of tripe since Daybreak and doesn't it get less than 1 million viewers these days when really a show like this should be getting 2 million an eppy.
  • Options
    YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    sophloz wrote: »
    Too bad This Morning effectively lied to everyone, after being told by my flatmate who watched it today that Dan is fact an actor called Graham Dickson, who she has worked with.

Graham Dickson: http://www.thecnj.com/westend/2009/032009/wnews032009_08.html

Interesting - they just mentioned the interview again and Holly apologised for being unprofessional and laughing- then Phillip implied that all was not as it seemed yesterday- he said something along the lines of "we are on to you" - and said they will discuss it further tomorrow- whatever it is all about
  • Options
    SmallalienSmallalien Posts: 1,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yera wrote: »
    Interesting - they just mentioned the interview again and Holly apologised for being unprofessional and laughing- then Phillip implied that all was not as it seemed yesterday- he said something along the lines of "we are on to you" - and said they will discuss it further tomorrow- whatever it is all about

Yep, seems like it is some kind of scam maybe for another TV show or something.

They can't have done their research properly though, either that or they are in on the joke. Because it's illegal to sell sperm in this country, you can only pay expenses for sperm donors.
  • Options
    logansdadlogansdad Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think this has been a wind up for an E4 type show..
  • Options
    YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    logansdad wrote: »
    Think this has been a wind up for an E4 type show..

I did wonder if it was the Daily Fail- seeing as they frequently report inaccurately on items that have been on the show
    Liz Jones has berated Holly in the DM- and Phillip jumped in defending Holly and calling Liz bitter nasty and unhinged- so could it be revenge from the DM- I could be way off the mark
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Quite possibly they suspected it was a wind-up perhaps?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I reckon this morning read this comment yesterday and it made them question the story. I dont think they suspected anything was wrong with the story until they realised he was an actor.