This Morning Interview highly unprofessional today

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sophloz wrote: »
    Too bad This Morning effectively lied to everyone, after being told by my flatmate who watched it today that Dan is fact an actor called Graham Dickson, who she has worked with.

Graham Dickson: http://www.thecnj.com/westend/2009/032009/wnews032009_08.html

Ooopps sorry meant this comment
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,920
    Forum Member
    LW09 wrote: »
    I didn't see the interview so can't comment in that respect, but Denise Robertson gets right on my wick.

Thank god someone else can't stand the old bloody coot. The way she sits there, hands clasped and so pious in her manner annoys the hell out of me. Her so called advice is usually crap too.:mad:
  • Options
    RrosesRroses Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Normally avoid this program lie the plaugue but had to sit through most of it as I was visiting a relative and it was on. Missed the start.

Have to say, I thought the guy got off rather lightly. a truly dodgy business plan and they saved the outrage about the cost to the end.
    But it could indeed be a wind up of some kind.

http://www.promojobspro.com/uk/view.php?uid=299345
  • Options
    owlie81owlie81 Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    I used to love watching This Morning with Richard and Judy - whenever I was off sick from school/work I'd watch it in bed. Now I rarely get to see it because I work FT - but I was off work ill the other day and tuned in for some easy watching - I turned off after 2 mins - what a load of rubbish! Whenever I've tuned in over the last few years it's been Im a Celebrity gossip, the latest losing weigh fad, interviews with z-listers, xfactor coverage, cooking and competitions.

I agree with those who say it should have ended in its heyday. Like I say, it's a shame because I used to love watching it.
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    owlie81 wrote: »
    I used to love watching This Morning with Richard and Judy - whenever I was off sick from school/work I'd watch it in bed. Now I rarely get to see it because I work FT - but I was off work ill the other day and tuned in for some easy watching - I turned off after 2 mins - what a load of rubbish! Whenever I've tuned in over the last few years it's been Im a Celebrity gossip, the latest losing weigh fad, interviews with z-listers, xfactor coverage, cooking and competitions.

I agree with those who say it should have ended in its heyday. Like I say, it's a shame because I used to love watching it.

It really should have ended when Richard and Judy left. I can remember how it was more interesting than it is now, now it's like Lorraine stretched out for two hours. This is why I much prefer the radio in the morning.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    Announcement on the show today that since the interview they discovered that the guy was an actor - that they too were fooled by the whole thing and have only found out since. So I wouldn't worry about the guy getting an ear bashing!
  • Options
    KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cdsmiler81 wrote: »
    Announcement on the show today that since the interview they discovered that the guy was an actor - that they too were fooled by the whole thing and have only found out since. So I wouldn't worry about the guy getting an ear bashing!
    some more details here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-19988311

K
  • Options
    warleywitchwarleywitch Posts: 2,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LW09 wrote: »
    I didn't see the interview so can't comment in that respect, but Denise Robertson gets right on my wick.
    Same here. She's so far up the mountain of Morality it's a wonder she can see anyone. And I loathe the way she does eye-rolling when she disapproves. How rude.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even though on the previous page I suspected that it was a wind-up it was still a very effective hoax. I think a lot of people will have fallen for it hook line and sinker.
    I must say that the actor was very impressive. Completely plausible in his performance.

This morning The Wright Stuff carried on with the story as though it was real as one of their topics of debate.
  • Options
    stirlingguy1stirlingguy1 Posts: 7,038
    Forum Member
    Here's FameDaddy's video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mKLqvCEo2o

How could one fall for this!?
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mikebuk wrote: »
    I caught Zippy and George near the end. Roy Skelton who did the voices has passed on, but whoever is now voicing them have totally failed to capture anywhere near how they spoke.
    Even Jim Davidson did a better job when he occasionally impersonated them.

I agree. The man doing the voices was rubbish. Nothing like George OR Zippy :mad:
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    Here's FameDaddy's video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mKLqvCEo2o

How could one fall for this!?

So many giveaways in that clip :D cannot believe anyone could fall for it :confused:
  • Options
    BBKateBBKate Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    I was flicking chanels this morning and heard the appolagie but then flcked to the wright stuff and they had adebate about the same topic ! so word had not got to them 24hours later that it was a hoax!!
  • Options
    Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They deserve everything they got with this hoax in my view. It just shows the programme up for its lax attitude to research, which must have been done by a pair of summer school leavers on their first placement, it is so amateurish. There is no excuse for being fooled by this kind of prank, any one with a grain of common sense and curiosity could have discovered it easily if they had tried. It's not the hoaxers that look foolish, it's This Morning. Just end this declining show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's seems to me that this morning is trying to look for controversial news items to stay afloat & for the most amount of publicity e.g. lets get a woman on with giant tits, lets get willies out in the middle of the morning . .
    It's sugar coated spew, how they manage to keep this up 5 days a week is beyond me.
    Those bloody competitions every 5 mins as well, what a way to treat the viewing public, like 3yr olds, please make a phone call so we can have your money to pay Phil's wages, it's really disgusting what commercial tv has become.
    Holly doesn't get paid as much as Phil because she's a woman !
    I'm glad they got caught out with the sperm thing, you can just imagine them discussing the item in meetings before the show, great, were talking about sperm today, that should be controversial.
    They'll all be thinking this shouldn't have happened to us, we're great, we're Phil & Holly, I love me, Who do you love !
    If those two were chocolate, I swear they'd eat themselves.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not having ever watched the programme, I had to remind myself who Aunty Denise was. Dear God, is she still in employment !? (Not being ageist..I carry a bus pass myself but there must be someone better able to advise on 21st living!)
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same here. She's so far up the mountain of Morality it's a wonder she can see anyone. And I loathe the way she does eye-rolling when she disapproves. How rude.

Another one who thinks she should just go away.

IMO she's waaay to old to give advice nowadays. She's very old school
  • Options
    YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    Hootie wrote: »
    It's seems to me that this morning is trying to look for controversial news items to stay afloat & for the most amount of publicity e.g. lets get a woman on with giant tits, lets get willies out in the middle of the morning . .
    It's sugar coated spew, how they manage to keep this up 5 days a week is beyond me.
    Those bloody competitions every 5 mins as well, what a way to treat the viewing public, like 3yr olds, please make a phone call so we can have your money to pay Phil's wages, it's really disgusting what commercial tv has become.
    Holly doesn't get paid as much as Phil because she's a woman !
    I'm glad they got caught out with the sperm thing, you can just imagine them discussing the item in meetings before the show, great, were talking about sperm today, that should be controversial.
    They'll all be thinking this shouldn't have happened to us, we're great, we're Phil & Holly, I love me, Who do you love !
    If those two were chocolate, I swear they'd eat themselves.

Dry Vaginas - the shock topic this week- and I has a teenage boy home sick - I did not know where to look - come on people it is morning television :mad:
  • Options
    elenaelena Posts: 14,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank god someone else can't stand the old bloody coot. The way she sits there, hands clasped and so pious in her manner annoys the hell out of me. Her so called advice is usually crap too.:mad:

She's awful. She's like some tut-tutting gossipy matriarch sat in the corner waiting for the latest rumours to be 'scandalised' by and doling out tedious, unwelcome and probably unhelpful 'advice'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's time this low brow, vulgar and trashy show was axed. Who would really miss it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    It's time this low brow, vulgar and trashy show was axed. Who would really miss it?

And the next time they want to show for the umpteenth time a breast or testicle lump examination, for nothing more than gratuitous reasons, I suggest that Dr Chris Steele drops Phil Schofield's pants and fondles his scrotum on TV for the pleasure of the ladies over their morning coffee, and removes Holly's bra to examine and caress her breasts for the cancer checks. That is how sad and cheap the show now is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rich Tea. wrote: »
    And the next time they want to show for the umpteenth time a breast or testicle lump examination, for nothing more than gratuitous reasons, I suggest that Dr Chris Steele drops Phil Schofield's pants and fondles his scrotum on TV for the pleasure of the ladies over their morning coffee, and removes Holly's bra to examine and caress her breasts for the cancer checks. That is how sad and cheap the show now is.

Or Phil announces he's having a vasectomy and they film that. It's a shame that a good magazine show has gone down the pan, I'd love to know what Richard and Judy think of it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    Or Phil announces he's having a vasectomy and they film that. It's a shame that a good magazine show has gone down the pan, I'd love to know what Richard and Judy think of it.

I bet you could probably guess correctly!