Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    Her music just keeps getting worse...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I didn't even know Wild had been released yet...
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't even know Wild had been released yet...

Yeah it was one of those "On air, on sale" songs.

and yes, her music gets worse with each release. I smell a sophomore slump coming her way
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The song is so incredibly average sounds like et another Teenage Dream cast off but at least domino was good.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    The song is so incredibly average sounds like et another Teenage Dream cast off but at least domino was good.

I think it sounds like a cast off from the awful Carley Rae Jepsen album
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lmao it's nice enough. It's a hundred times better than Wild.
  • Options
    RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it, I don't love it. Agreed its tons better the Wild but it just isn't special enough.

Definately a grower though. Give it a weeks time and everyone will have the chorus lodged into their heads
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's okay. I'm not a huge fan of her voice though. She's a little shouty at times.
  • Options
    GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jessie frustrates me. She has such a good voice, I just wish she'd carve out her own sound instead of recycling this Dr Luke one, it sounds so tired at this stage. Wild was a step in the right direction but this not so much, not a fan.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eh. she did say it was super poppy so I guess I should have expected it. It's Who's Laughing Now 2.0 and I don't like that song either. Maybe it'll grow on me. I much prefer her mid tempo songs where she can showcase her voice. Saying that, this song sounded better when she was singing it acapella.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robertfitz wrote: »
    I like it, I don't love it. Agreed its tons better the Wild but it just isn't special enough.

Definately a grower though. Give it a weeks time and everyone will have the chorus lodged into their heads

I think that was the idea. Sort of like Price Tag. She's using the same formula as last time, which, if it ain't broke don't fix it, so good strategy. Urban feeling club song then pure pop get that shit stuck in your head song. I've only listened once and it's stuck in my head.
  • Options
    SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    it's ok just ok.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I seriously can't get that chorus out of my head. Jessie J is the master of the earworm when she wants to be.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    I much prefer Wild. I aren't really feeling this new track. I think she can do much better overall and if these two singles are anything to go by then it will definitely be the sophomore slump.
  • Options
    unknown17unknown17 Posts: 3,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    O.Michel wrote: »
    Her music just keeps getting worse...

It was never good in the first place, all she does is shout and make ridiculous sounds over a horrible backing track.

And what is it with all these talentless artists singing about parties? First there was the vile Rita Ora and that disgusting Party & Bullshit song and then Miley Cyrus's 'We Can't Stop and now Jessie J.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Party and bullshit is a sample of another very famous song. Singing about parties isn't anything new. It's been done for decades.
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awful song and her voice is so shrill it's almost unlistenable.
  • Options
    matty_andersonmatty_anderson Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved Wild put I'm not liking this. She has an amazing voice live but her voice is unbareable on this track, likely down to autotune.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's already at 49 on the UK iTunes chart on pre-order.
  • Options
    Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll pretty much echo what I said on the article page. It's a decent song but it's something I'd expect from someone like Rita Ora.

Jessie is fast becoming another clone of the female artists we've got at the moment. I had high expectations of her to begin with. Coming from youtube and writing for other artists, I was expecting her to set herself a part from all the generic shit we've got at the moment. I thought she'd establish herself as a proper artist.. but now we're just getting this faf - Domino, Wild and It's My Party. Jessie is better than them.

It's an alright song, but as a Jessie J song - it's not good enough
  • Options
    barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    I like this song.
  • Options
    DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    Another emotional masterpiece.
  • Options
    CloudbusterCloudbuster Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This sounds like a dud to me
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    I love her voice! The song is cool, she's like the UK version Pink in this song.
  • Options
    konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Oh dear. I used to think (before the debut was released) she had a spark of originality about her. Lordy. How wrong I was.