Options

When will there be a New Series of Mrs Browns Boys

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
Forum Member
Does anybody know when there will be a new series of Mrs Browns Boys on BBC1?

Comments

• Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Probably 2015 after the film has been done and released this summer.
  • Options
    doe_a_deerdoe_a_deer Posts: 2,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hopefully never.

I'm not a violent person, but if I ever met the guy that created this nonsense......
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    Yes hopefully buckin never.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes hopefully buckin never.

That's nice! :p
    The miseries are out in force today I see;-)
  • Options
    Ben_FreemanBen_Freeman Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    There are also doing an animated series too
  • Options
    Karen_Grant_WasKaren_Grant_Was Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    doe_a_deer wrote: »
    Hopefully never.

I'm not a violent person, but if I ever met the guy that created this nonsense......

:D cant stand it , lots of friends and family love it , tried a few times to watch it but its not funny and it makes me angry lol, total waste of my licence fee
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've been wondering that since the first series.
  • Options
    NostalgicNostalgic Posts: 7,201
    Forum Member
    It's so silly and stupid, but i somehow can't stop watching it. I like the jokes :D

Is there a repeat run of series 3 on the horizon, for i missed it when it was on.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Autumn 2014 with a Christmas special
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully never. A grown man shouting crude things in a dress for half an hour and classing it as funny is not funny.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »
    Hopefully never. A grown man shouting crude things in a dress for half an hour and classing it as funny is not funny.

Another misery guts..... you are telling us you don't like it for what reason...
  • Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The movie is out in June I believe, Brendan stated it on BBC Breakfast.

So will say 2015, with a two show special at Christmas.
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D cant stand it , lots of friends and family love it , tried a few times to watch it but its not funny and it makes me angry lol, total waste of my licence fee

It really is a Marmite type of show.

I love it, but like you, my wife cannot stand it.

I'm sure we all think certain programmes are a waste of our licence fee, Strictly, The Voice, The One Show for example, but if the BBC only made programmes we all like they would be pretty damn bland.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soon I hope. I never watched it when i saw the ads for it but I sat with my family at Xmas out of courteusy to watch it and within 5minutes I was howling with laughter.

It is old style pantomime (it's a man in a feckin dress!!!), farce, pathos, honest and honest fun and O'Carrol balances all those elements beautifully.

I can see it is marmite but it nails what it is trying to do - and it turns out to be not what I thought it was.

Mrs Brown is someone that Brendan O'Carroll has had in his mind for decades - writing a book about it that was taken by Anjelica Huston to mke into a film.

Thre is more care, skill, thought, passion and a love of the subject in this show than most of the balnd output on the BBC.
  • Options
    trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully when they've made another series of "Are You Being Served".

Just to provide a modern, contemporary benchmark for it.
  • Options
    tivtiv Posts: 2,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doe_a_deer wrote: »
    Hopefully never.

Amen to that!
  • Options
    jw2011jw2011 Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I stopped myself asking a question about Mrs Brown earlier because it ALWAYS attracts people that hate it and talk down to those who do enjoy it as if we are the scum of the earth just because we like a particular TV show!

I'm sure I read somewhere that they are doing Christmas specials this year but not a full series until 2015.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read an article with Jimmy Perry, creator of classics like Dad's Army and Hi-De-Hi who says he enjoys Mrs Brown's Boys - that shocked me to be honest and I think is real praise for Brendon O Carol, coming from a comedy legend.

It isn't my thing, I have watched it, I chucked a few times but didn't find it that funny, but I am not one of this miserable sods who believe if I don't like it then nobody should be allowed to like it. It is a piece of escapism in a sometime miserable world, Not everyone wants to watch well written, thoughtful comedy like 2012 or The Thick of It, sometimes people want something they can zonk out to on the sofa.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully they spruce it up a bit, it felt slightly tired went I last saw it
  • Options
    andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Never I hope, this is an appaling series, not funny just vulgar, but I guess I am in a minority about this on the forum.