Leicester city

leicslad46leicslad46 Posts: 3,370
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Are we witnessing history in the making where leicester not only fail to win the championship but also slip out of the top two and fail to gain promotion. I have a bad feeling that the foxes will be playing championship football next season. It will be their fault because they thought that promotion was in the bag when in fact it wasnt. As a result leicester WILL be playing championship NOT premier league football in 2014/2015. I will put a bet on that

Comments

• Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,293
    Forum Member
    Leicester would have to suffer a catastrophic collapse to not get promoted at least.

Cheer up, you only drew.
  • alanrollinsalanrollins Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Leicester are absolutely fine. Even if they stutter through the final few games I can't see anyone doing enough to stop them getting up automatically.

Burnley are probably keeping them honest enough. I think these look certain to be first and second.
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're 13 points ahead with about another 24 or so to play for.

As Barry says, the collapse would have to be cataclysmic.
  • leicslad46leicslad46 Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leicester are capable of doing a collapse.The seeds have been sown and the next couple of games will show that my fears will be realised and that leicester will fail to gain promotion. They have screwed it up through their own fault by thinking that they were already there. When the fixtures come out in june leicester will be looking forward to yet another season in the championship NOT the premier league
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,293
    Forum Member
    leicslad46 wrote: »
    Leicester are capable of doing a collapse.The seeds have been sown and the next couple of games will show that my fears will be realised and that leicester will fail to gain promotion. They have screwed it up through their own fault by thinking that they were already there. When the fixtures come out in june leicester will be looking forward to yet another season in the championship NOT the premier league

That's the spirit!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Without being patronising, I think you have zero to worry about.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's the spirit!
    Just being a realist barry. Leicester will screw up promotion this season and will suffer next season when they are playing championship football instead of premier league football. Results going against leicester on saturday will prove me right. I am so confident that leicester will fcuk up promotion that i will put a bet on them actually playing championship footie next season
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No no no stop it! The SUPER FOXES WILL GO UP!
  • BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dear god I thought Newcastle had some of the most downbeat fans.

Your team has not lost in the last 18 league games,drawing two games in row doesn't mean the team is falling apart. 13 points ahead of third with a game in hand and only 24 to play for.

Cheer up
  • Joe19Joe19 Posts: 1,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, our 18 game unbeaten run and 13 point gap to third obviously shows we are teetering on the brink of meltdown and descent into oblivion.

Typical Leicester fan, one poor result and the world will end. Thankfully plenty have realism.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe19 wrote: »
    Yes, our 18 game unbeaten run and 13 point gap to third obviously shows we are teetering on the brink of meltdown and descent into oblivion.

Typical Leicester fan, one poor result and the world will end. Thankfully plenty have realism.

Oi Joe I have kept the faith since 1977 when I was 4 years old and my dad took me to Filbert Street to see them for the first time, and we were relegated in the first season I supported them.

Kept the faith with us up and down like yoyos over the years.

I have no doubt that we will go up automatically, but we need to get our arses in gear a bit more to go up as champions and stop Burnley snapping back at us. But remember we have a game in hand over them. I think us and them will go straight up and Wigan will go up by the playoffs. That was my prediction at the end of last season let's see how I get on and collect my winnings :D
  • 19Nick6819Nick68 Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oi Joe I have kept the faith since 1977 when I was 4 years old and my dad took me to Filbert Street to see them for the first time, and we were relegated in the first season I supported them.

I have no doubt that we will go up automatically, but we need to get our arses in gear a bit more to go up as champions and stop Burnley snapping back at us. But remember we have a game in hand over them. I think us and them will go straight up and Wigan will go up by the playoffs. That was my prediction at the end of last season let's see how I get on and collect my winnings :D

Have to agree.

Last night we were dreadful. We couldn't string two passes together and after throwing four forwards and three wingers at it our goalkeeper had to bail us out.

Our next two games at Burnley and Wigan will determine whether we go up as Champions. Play like last night and we won't make it to 19 games unbeaten.
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,286
    Forum Member
    QPR are the only threat but Leicester have them to come at home - a win in that will do it.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    as much as i would love another choke,it aint happening. title is in doubt but not top 2
  • celesticelesti Posts: 25,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure a dip in form would really be history in the making.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

We've had one and a half bad games, we still managed two points. We'll be fine for Burnley, we have a great record against the top sides. We don't know how much the manager's illness has affected them too, all teams will have games against struggles that are tough and ours was last night.
  • BoselectaBoselecta Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark F wrote: »
    QPR are the only threat but Leicester have them to come at home - a win in that will do it.

QPR ought to win at home on Saturday whilst Foxes could lose at Burnley..... It's conceivable the gap wil look a lot less safe on Sunday. I presume OP be really throwing the towel in then!
    However, QPR have matches to come against opposition who they seldom beat.... Plus, I suspect QPR are only winning cos they've given up on automatic promotion and have relaxed. If the gap closed I suspect they'd revert to cagey football and blow it.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,564
    Forum Member
    celesti wrote: »
    I'm not sure a dip in form would really be history in the making.

Wolves had a massive lead in 2001/02 and cocked it up so it has happened before.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which means if it has happened before it is not history in the making, moreso a bit of history repeating itself should it happen, which as other posters are saying, is a strange thing to think when you are on an unbeaten run of 18 games.
  • rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's the spirit!
    :D

Made me chuckle
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still have a bad feeling that leicester will screw it up due them being carried away by the media hype that the kp stadium will be hosting premier league football next season when they arent mathematically there yet. The sides have sensed blood and that defeat on saturday and results going against leicester will show that my fears wont be too far from the mark. I still believe that leicester will still be playing championship football come august thanks to the players foolishlessness in thinking that they were already there
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still have a bad feeling that leicester will screw it up due them being carried away by the media hype that the kp stadium will be hosting premier league football next season when they arent mathematically there yet. The sides have sensed blood and that defeat on saturday and results going against leicester will show that my fears wont be too far from the mark. I still believe that leicester will still be playing championship football come august thanks to the players foolishlessness in thinking that they were already there

Please stay away from the ground with that attitude, we need people who will back the team and enjoy the football that has been served up this season.

Rather than your totally over the top negativity based on one match.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,564
    Forum Member
    Joe19 wrote: »
    Please stay away from the ground with that attitude, we need people who will back the team and enjoy the football that has been served up this season.

Rather than your totally over the top negativity based on one match.

It does seem a strange viewpoint. Perhaps he shold back against them on Betfair just to ease his conscience.
  • mattlambmattlamb Posts: 4,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    19Nick68 wrote: »
    Have to agree.

Last night we were dreadful. We couldn't string two passes together and after throwing four forwards and three wingers at it our goalkeeper had to bail us out.

Our next two games at Burnley and Wigan will determine whether we go up as Champions. Play like last night and we won't make it to 19 games unbeaten.

Yeovil are battling for their lives to stay in the Championship. Not as easy a game as it may have appeared at first glance. And I think Yeovil have been in reasonable form recently too.

You have not got anything to worry about.
    I have listened to one or two Leicester games on FiveLive Extra this season and they have been featured on the Football League Show quite regularly. They really have looked pretty decent on many occasions.
  • mattlambmattlamb Posts: 4,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wolves had a massive lead in 2001/02 and cocked it up so it has happened before.

And we beat them in the play-off semi final that year. Dave Jones really did not like that!