Options

MTV Emas

dvboydvboy Posts: 3,983
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Why are MTV tagging a programme that went out an hour ago across the rest of Europe as "LIVE" on MTV UK?

What's worse, is @MTVUK is tweeting all the results as they happen!

:mad:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and why the hell is MTVNHD around 2 hours behind in showing the concert? MTV is terrible quality and still is in 4:3

the reason why MTV UK are an hour behind is because of The X Factor.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I assume it's also in case Ke$ha says "piss" and "****" too. Like she did.
  • Options
    alex_tsalex_ts Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry about it, this year the show has received the award for worst show ever!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's awful production. The picture quality and sound is rubbish. Now that Kid Rock is on I'm turning it off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the HD picture is absolutely abysmal...i'm speechless
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    Given up on this, poor lighting, camerawork and pq meant you couldn't even see Kings Of Leon perform, could have been anyone on that stage. Was watching the HD channel. The sound quality was terrible too.

Now as they dont have ads they're playing a Ricky Martin video. Why? It's not live!
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    AwesomeJJ wrote: »
    and why the hell is MTVNHD around 2 hours behind in showing the concert? MTV is terrible quality and still is in 4:3

the reason why MTV UK are an hour behind is because of The X Factor.

Presumably to avoid programme clashes?
  • Options
    the_viasat_guythe_viasat_guy Posts: 794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's ALWAYS an hour delayed on MTV UK so they can edit it and remove anything they don't want broadcast. AKA Weemans penis from Jackass.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's ALWAYS an hour delayed on MTV UK so they can edit it and remove anything they don't want broadcast. AKA Weemans penis from Jackass.

Was that ever shown? :eek::D
  • Options
    philenglandphilengland Posts: 8,178
    Forum Member
    i was watching one of the feeds of it, just as well the UK's MTV was on delay .... number of expleatives!
  • Options
    hobnob_monsterhobnob_monster Posts: 2,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

On the HD version, we had all the swears AND the little mans arse, cock and balls. :eek:

The only edit I saw was a t-shirt with the word C-U-N-T blurred out. But then it was visible from another shot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was that ever shown? :eek::D

It aired on every MTV except UK.
  • Options
    djpowerdjpower Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talking about MTVN apparently the version we get here was airing Comedy Central UK for 40 minutes last night full with British commericals Don't know how a big error would happen like this in todays world

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2010/11/comedy-central-uk-error-on-mtvn.html
  • Options
    Forum Member

Maybe it's different in Europe. Some of the things I saw on German TV last time I was over there though... :D;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe it's different in Europe. Some of the things I saw on German TV last time I was over there though... :D;)

Of course its different. We don't have ofcom telling us when we can breathe
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the HD version, we had all the swears AND the little mans arse, cock and balls. :eek:

The only edit I saw was a t-shirt with the word C-U-N-T blurred out. But then it was visible from another shot.

I believe the MTVN HD we get is the same one across all of Europe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Of course its different. We don't have ofcom telling us when we can breathe

That's true. Was a bit of an eye opener I guess ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's still live. It's just shown as a live recording, rather than a live broadcast.
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dvboy wrote: »
    Why are MTV tagging a programme that went out an hour ago across the rest of Europe as "LIVE" on MTV UK?

What's worse, is @MTVUK is tweeting all the results as they happen!

:mad:

MTV is a dire network simple as.

C4/Bauer's channels are catching up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    MTV is a dire network simple as.

C4/Bauer's channels are catching up.

The ema's are shown across europe at 9:00 cet, which would have been 8:00 uk time.

The reason we dont see it live is that as you know programmes that show bad language or nude have to be shown here after 9:00, so we dont see the ema's livefor that reason.

Can anyone remember back when mtv europe was the only channel in europe, how did it all work.
    I'm sure back then it would of been a problem.
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member

I noticed it was 'live' on MTV Germany, Austria and even VIVA Poland.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ben_122 wrote: »
    It's still live. It's just shown as a live recording, rather than a live broadcast.

I thought it was a live broadcast. Now you mention I think that's what Sky News do when they show CBS News, they just edit out the US adverts before showing. Could I be right?
  • Options
    eljmayeseljmayes Posts: 1,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jpsr wrote: »
    The ema's are shown across europe at 9:00 cet, which would have been 8:00 uk time.

The reason we dont see it live is that as you know programmes that show bad language or nude have to be shown here after 9:00, so we dont see the ema's livefor that reason.

Can anyone remember back when mtv europe was the only channel in europe, how did it all work.
    I'm sure back then it would of been a problem.
    I believe it used to kick off at 2100 cet- no concessions were made for the UK. There used to be a small delay around 2000 onwards until around 2005 and now sadly we have to endure a hours delay.

The US VMAs used to be shown live in the UK but because of editing ad breaks etc at that crazy hour it was decided to show the show on a day's delay.
  • Options
    east_boy_16east_boy_16 Posts: 3,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was watching the EMAs on MTV Base and it was all unedited. Strange as they're always edited (VMAs, EMAs). I don't see the point in editing seeing as it's broadcast after the "watershed" though :confused:
  • Options
    jde-tvjde-tv Posts: 4,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched it on VH1, and i dont think they eddited anything out