Digitial Brother 10 - Pre-Series Discusion / News & Teasers Thread - Returns 1/1/11!

casa_novacasa_nova Posts: 5,757
Forum Member
Digtal Brother is back for his final swansong. And the last Digital Brother is set to go out with a bang!

For the first time ever! There are 2 launch nights over New Years weekend 1st & 2nd of January! When our new housemates plus blasts from the past will enter the house.

And as we put our human animals in 2 by 2. Two of them may soon be left with that sinking feeling.

Who will survive up to 40 days and 40 nights and be crowned the ultimate winner. You decide!

TO APPLY ONE OF THE DB10 DOUBLE LAUNCH NIGHT HOUSEMATES. PLEASE PM ME THE FOLLOWING DETAILS (Please also specify which launch nights you would like to enter on - either Saturday 1st or Sunday 2nd of January)

FIRST NAME
BRIEFLY SELL YOURSELF TO US (Tell us anything unique or quirky about yourself to stand out from the crowd)

THE WINNER WILL RECEIVE 50P FOR EVERY DAY THEY SURVIVE IN THE HOUSE WITH A MAXIMUM £20 UP FOR GRABS IF THEY SURVIVE THE FULL 40 DAY DURATION.

More details on this new format change will be posted in due course.....

Comments

• emailsemails Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    casa_nova wrote: »
    Digtal Brother is back for his final swansong. And the last Digital Brother is set to go out with a bang!

For the first time ever! There are 2 launch nights over New Years weekend 1st & 2nd of January! When our new housemates plus blasts from the past will enter the house.

And as we put our human animals in 2 by 2. Two of them may soon be left with that sinking feeling.

Who will survive up to 40 days and 40 nights and be crowned the ultimate winner. You decide!

TO APPLY ONE OF THE DB10 DOUBLE LAUNCH NIGHT HOUSEMATES. PLEASE PM ME THE FOLLOWING DETAILS (Please also specify which launch nights you would like to enter on - either Saturday 1st or Sunday 2nd of January)

FIRST NAME
    BRIEFLY SELL YOURSELF TO US (Tell us anything unique or quirky about yourself to stand out from the crowd)

THE WINNER WILL RECEIVE 50P FOR EVERY DAY THEY SURVIVE IN THE HOUSE WITH A MAXIMUM £20 UP FOR GRABS IF THEY SURVIVE THE FULL 40 DAY DURATION.

More details on this new format change will be posted in due course.....
    is this the telly version?
  • Black DaggerBlack Dagger Posts: 15,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^It is like it Emails.... I took part very briefly last series I lasted 3 hours before being evicted.

Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^It is like it Emails.... I took part very briefly last series I lasted 3 hours before being evicted.

oh right .not sure being a part of it appeals to me really,like telly BB i'll watch it ,be in the audience but not on it
  • casa_novacasa_nova Posts: 5,757
    Forum Member
    DIGITAL BROTHER 10 - THE VILLAGE NEWS

* The final series launches over New Years Weekend 1st & 2nd January at 7pm with a double launch night!

* Game runs for up to 40 days and 40 nights (Core time is 7pm until 9pm each night)

* This series as more housemates enter the game new areas will become available. 'HOUSE THREAD' - 'GARDEN THREAD' - 'FARM THREAD' - 'CHURCH THREAD' You will be told every few days which thread you must live in until further notice. You must only post in the thread assigned to you until Big Brother assigns you with a new area to live in.

* At first all evictions will be temporary - if you are turfed out of the village you may request to rejoin the village after 4 days by PM'ing BB. All requests to return will be granted by BB. Any money points collected before banishment will lost for that player and they will have to start earning vaulabe 'money points' again from when they re-enter.

* The winner at the end of the series will receive their 'MONEY POINTS' accumulated over their duration in the Village (in one unbroken run) as cold hard cash!

1 Day = 50p (Money Points)

Meaning a maximum £20 is up for grabs if the winner manages to lasts the full series run of 40 days / 40 nights.

Contestants who make it to the last week will be informed of their current money points - and mini tasks to win additional money points up to a maximum of £20 will take place.

MORE NEWS SOON.
    Forum Member
    emails wrote: »
    oh right .not sure being a part of it appeals to me really,like telly BB i'll watch it ,be in the audience but not on it

There will be an opportunity to join the series as a late arrival. However housemates who enter early will start collecting their 'Money Points' much quicker.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    casa_nova wrote: »
    There will be an opportunity to join the series as a late arrival. However housemates who enter early will start collecting their 'Money Points' much quicker.

na i'll give that a miss i am not that big a fan
    Forum Member
    emails wrote: »
    na i'll give that a miss i am not that big a fan
    If anyone wants to be a superviewer - please pm me now requesting me to add you to the Digital Brother 10 Superviewer Mailing List.

Superviewers have access to secret information regarding upcoming twists and news about the game.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh go on then, I'll apply - though I'd suggest that core time be reduced to one hour (not two) and maybe between 6pm - 7pm, to give those playing an opportunity to also still have a social life around the game (7pm - 9pm for potentially 40 days is going to be difficult to maintain for anyone, I'd suggest).

Though I have a sinking feeling that response is going to be too low, as there's hardly anyone left in the forum... :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh go on then, I'll apply - though I'd suggest that core time be reduced to one hour (not two) and maybe between 6pm - 7pm, to give those playing an opportunity to also still have a social life around the game (7pm - 9pm for potentially 40 days is going to be difficult to maintain for anyone, I'd suggest).

Though I have a sinking feeling that response is going to be too low, as there's hardly anyone left in the forum... :(

That is how I feel :(...

If only people like Richie4eva, Damanda and Wonkey Donkey signed up that would be a great final series.
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If only people like Richie4eva, Damanda and Wonkey Donkey signed up that would be a great final series.

Yes it would be a riot with them :D

But i agree with Roger that there arent enough people on the forum to raise enough interest either for hms or viewers :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Barracute wrote: »
    Yes it would be a riot with them :D

But i agree with Roger that there arent enough people on the forum to raise enough interest either for hms or viewers :o

I would PM them but I don't want to impose and invade them.

Hopefully some people still notice this though and read it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If I were Casa, I'd be PM-ing some of the regular forum members still active in here and inviting them to play, and also rounding up players from previous series.

I'd also ask Casa to think about some of the things we learned from DB9 that created problems for the players:

1. There needs to be more than one Big Brother.
    2. There needs to be Diary Room access at all times. All Diary Room chats should be posted somewhere for the viewers to enjoy.
    3. Keep an eye on what's going on in the House, and be willing to bend the rules where necessary.
    4. Stick to established core times. We had two players departing the game last time because it frequently over-ran.
    5. Don't terrify your players. Tasks need to be fun and playful, not nightmarish, and HMs shouldn't be evicted over the results of these tasks.
    6. All voting (including the results) should be done in public.
    7. No fake players. Anyone in the House should have a minimum of 500 posts to ensure that they're real.
    8. Do highlights. Find a volunteer to do this, so that anyone who hasn't seen the series from the start can get into it quickly and easily.
    9. Find a Davina who has followed the series and can ask some fun, probing questions. Really good interviews after eviction are an absolute must.

I think all of these are really easy to address by Casa just bringing in one person to help him out (doing highlights, being Davina, watching the house and being there for the Diary Room). :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I were Casa, I'd be PM-ing some of the regular forum members still active in here and inviting them to play, and also rounding up players from previous series.

I'd also ask Casa to think about some of the things we learned from DB9 that created problems for the players:

2. There needs to be Diary Room access at all times. All Diary Room chats should be posted somewhere for the viewers to enjoy.
    3. Keep an eye on what's going on in the House, and be willing to bend the rules where necessary.
    4. Stick to established core times. We had two players departing the game last time because it frequently over-ran.
    5. Don't terrify your players. Tasks need to be fun and playful, not nightmarish, and HMs shouldn't be evicted over the results of these tasks.
    7. No fake players. Anyone in the House should have a minimum of 500 posts to ensure that they're real.
    8. Do highlights. Find a volunteer to do this, so that anyone who hasn't seen the series from the start can get into it quickly and easily.
    9. Find a Davina who has followed the series and can ask some fun, probing questions. Really good interviews after eviction are an absolute must.

I think all of these are really easy to address by Casa just bringing in one person to help him out (doing highlights, being Davina, watching the house and being there for the Diary Room). :)

That would be a great idea... :)

Those ideas also sound great and if someone had time to back them up it could be a great final series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That would be a great idea... :)

Those ideas also sound great and if someone had time to back them up it could be a great final series.
    I'd be tempted to make it an All-Stars game and dig up as many players from previous series as possible, and I'd be trawling through the threads that are still active and letting them know there's fun to be had. I think if people understood that Digital Brother is potentially very real, and the closest you can get to actually being in the House, it might attract more players... :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44,323
    Forum Member
    Oh, Casa...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Casa is asking for suggestions for potential housemates to PM. We've already had Richie4eva, Damanda and Wonkey Donkey suggested, so they might be a good start. Who else? I'd suggest KFA, Shady123 and Decky from the previous series (plus anyone else who was interested). What about maybe Blondedumbition, Oathy...
  • lady*taralady*tara Posts: 19,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear hope its better run than last time.good luck hm's:eek:
  • emmetmclemmetmcl Posts: 2,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've applied, might get a bit of conflict if I enter.

PS, I would also suggest making the core time less, maybe 45 mins to an hour.
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member

Hooray. I am glad you are in it again!:)

Better than the tv version i expect.

All very good points. I found the last one over-complicated and difficult to follow.
    llamajohn wrote: »
    Oh, Casa...
    *squeals* HELLO LAMIE!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hooray. I am glad you are in it again!:)

All very good points. I found the last one over-complicated and difficult to follow.
    That's if it goes ahead. My fingers are tightly crossed, but I fear that Casa has left it too late (as we predicted back at the end of September), as there are so few left in here and I think response so far is limited. You should sign up! :D

Hopefully a load more will sign up too, but if I were running it I'd be tempted to try and take the game into a busier section of DigitalSpy (probably in Chatter) and just do highlights in here and a link to the day's events. I think in Chatter it could be much more popular, but I might be wrong :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Casa is asking for suggestions for potential housemates to PM. We've already had Richie4eva, Damanda and Wonkey Donkey suggested, so they might be a good start. Who else? I'd suggest KFA, Shady123 and Decky from the previous series (plus anyone else who was interested). What about maybe Blondedumbition, Oathy...

Those are all brilliant PM Starters... Maybe Mazey, Frillynix, sgt rock etc as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Those are all brilliant PM Starters... Maybe Mazey, Frillynix, sgt rock etc as well.

There you go Casa, lots of ideas for PMs in the posts above :)
  • KFAKFA Posts: 3,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    May I suggest a big paddling pool full of jelly? You know, just for a laugh.
  • emmetmclemmetmcl Posts: 2,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KFA wrote: »

No...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KFA wrote: »

I think that's a marvellous idea! Can it be strawberry flavour?