Does anyone here (adults) have toy figures in their room?

andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
Forum Member
I fancy some super hero / star wars figures in my room but don't know if I'm too old (mid twenties)

Comments

• gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got my sons Disney Infinity on a shelf in his room ... But I do have the Enterprise D in my conservatory
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I have a Peter Quill bobble head....and a Winter Soldier one...
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    If you want them, get them, my home is full of vintage toys, dolls wherever you look ;) if they make you happy, then buy some .
  • Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,833
    Forum Member
    I have a (small) Enterprise and small collection of Lesney cars etc from the 60s; a wind up rabbit a 'God Loves You' smiley face figure and a working Archie Andrews head.

Edit I don't know about being an adult but I will be 70 next year.
  • LollytrollLollytroll Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    I have a Doctor Who (doctor whooves) my little pony in my bedroom and vintage toys in the kitchen. If you like them why not.
  • FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My office has some videogame and anime figures, only a few, I've never gone out of my way to collect them but have picked a few up when I've happened across them. They are something I could collect though, if I could be bothered to spend the time and money on them.

As for being too old, of course not. People collect all kinds of crap that they like the look of, is related to something they have fond memories of or are a fan of (such as memorabilia). Its no different to model cars, movie memorobilia, a group/band/singer or whatever.

Its if you play with them (the kids not involved) that the eyebrows should be raised. You know what, **** it, get them and have a massive battle with them. Its all good! :D
  • AsmoAsmo Posts: 15,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a Buzz Lightyear perched on my PC, and many gaming-related figurines dotted about. Way past my twenties too.
  • Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would love to display my vintage toy collection, my wife forbids it. Do it!
  • Finny SkeletaFinny Skeleta Posts: 2,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got an old Darth Vader mug from back in the day that I keep pens in. Does that count?

And an old plastercast thing of one of the Mr Men that I made when I was about 3 and now looks quite a lot like a stubby, green dildo.
  • FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pull2Open wrote: »

Haha, this is in all honesty, part of why I don't have a growing collection. My OH just won't accept it. :D
    Forum Member
    I've got an old Darth Vader mug from back in the day that I keep pens in. Does that count?

No :D
  • venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got a Steiff teddy bear, a toy rockhopper penguin and a porcelain figure of Dr Mopp (from Camberwick Green) all on display in the front room.
  • Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I fancy some super hero / star wars figures in my room but don't know if I'm too old (mid twenties)
    Define "my room".
    Is it yours or Mum and Dad's?
    :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    Is this before, during or after the £7000 challenge?
  • QT 3.14QT 3.14 Posts: 1,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not about the house, but I have quite a few in my man-cave. Mainly Star Trek, Star Wars, Marvel and DC.
  • phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No action figures...unless you count a few hundred of Miniature Figurines and Hinchcliffe's finest?
  • K2kK2k Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    I have 3 arcade machines in my office and a model Delorean from Back To The Future 2 on top of one of them. I'm 35 and own my own house though.
  • Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm reminded of the Milton Jones line:
    "Sometimes I really think it's time I settled down and had a mature relationship, but then I think "What? In the middle of the conker season?""
    :D
  • Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pull2Open wrote: »

Oh dear, can you not ask her to allow you to just display some of them?
    My man has plenty of old games that he has in a cupboard which are in pristine condition, we do play them at odd times.
    He has a few old toys dotted around which I like, mind you we have the type of house where stuff like that on display looks good.
  • Jean-FrancoisJean-Francois Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strictly speaking they're not toys, but enthralled by Sammy Sosa and Mark McGwire's race to score the most home runs in a season, (late 90s I think), my wife has bobble-head figures of both baseball stars in our bedroom.
    She also has one of a Tampa Bay Devil Rays player, Mickey Callaway.
    I got her that one at the Tropicana Stadium, St. Petersburg FL. where we saw the Rays beat the Boston Red Sox one evening.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I do.
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    I have some die-cast toy cars...but I don't play with them making vroom-vroom noises or anyfink.
    Forum Member
    Arcana wrote: »
    I have some die-cast toy cars...but I don't play with them making vroom-vroom noises or anyfink.

So you say.
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a rather nice toy model of Stingray , and an SPV on the shelf . no figures tho .

(oh - and an R2D2 on the window ledge)
  • The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm 25 next month and I have pokemon figures on my desk, and various other game character figures on a shelf.