Options

The Pasha Kovalev Appreciation Board (3)

Comments

• Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Much of the problem lies with the fact that it is the very first show to be staged at the VWG after an extensive refurbishment by the new owners, who, apparently, bought it from the council for the princely sum of £1!

Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The local press have taken up the story but they said that when they contacted the venue, they were told it wasn't them but something had happened with some equipment for the dancers.
  • Options
    PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    Gill P wrote: »
    The local press have taken up the story but they said that when they contacted the venue, they were told it wasn't them but something had happened with some equipment for the dancers.

Interesting that the equipment has worked ok elsewhere and not there .... :o:o

Thanks for the info Gill.... must be lots of pressure on the owners of the venue after investing so much and realising things still need adjusting even to accommodate a relatively small production like this .... :o
  • Options
    Libby_LouLibby_Lou Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    I went to see Life though Dance last night and wow it was fabulous! In my view it is the best show yet in the 4 years he has been touring. Pasha and Anya dancing together are just fabulous and the chemistry is brilliant – they dance so naturally and effortlessly together. Loved the rest of the cast and I think Leila is a great addition.

As has been said, it’s a totally different format from previous years but it works really well – so much more dancing. Difficult to say which was my favourite but if pushed probably their cha cha and loved the final number. There was a bit of a costume mishap in Ryan and Marcella’s rumba – her top came loose but they carried on!

The only downside is there were no programmes and when we asked if Pasha was coming out were rather abruptly told that he wasn’t doing any signings at all! So on the off chance, we found the stage door, and waited with about 8 other people for around 20 minutes – we were just about to leave when he came out.

He was really apologetic and said they were packing the car up round the corner and he didn’t know anyone was waiting – turns out there are 2 stage doors in Wakefield! Anyway he was his usual charming self and was happy to have his phot taken sign anything that was given to him to sign (I had taken a photo from last year which he happily signed). I managed to get a hug and kiss off him, so that really made my evening!

If you’ve haven't seen the show yet, you’re in for a real treat!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Libby-Lou. After all the palaver on sunday I was seriously thinking we would try and get our money back but you have confirmed to me that we will go on 26 May!
  • Options
    Libby_LouLibby_Lou Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    Gill P wrote: »
    Thanks Libby-Lou. After all the palaver on sunday I was seriously thinking we would try and get our money back but you have confirmed to me that we will go on 26 May!

I would definitely go on the 26 May Gill, it really is a fantastic show:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Another fantastic show in the north east tonight .... :D
    I am in absolute awe of Anya !!! ... She is just some sort of immortal dance being .... :o
    My favourites are her dance with the boys to 'I put a spell on you' , her rumba with Pasha .... Marcella and Ryan's rumba and finally their group Paso .... Just brilliant brilliant brilliant .... :blush::blush:
    No formal meet & greet .... but managed to sneak a few of those mesmerising Pasha hugs & kisses at the stage door ... *swoon* ... :o:D:blush: .... *puddles*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Libby_Lou wrote: »
    I would definitely go on the 26 May Gill, it really is a fantastic show:)

Providing the venue is up to stratch!
  • Options
    SalsaShonSalsaShon Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Thanks to all for posting reports on 'Life Through Dance' tour.
    After seeing the show on Tuesday, I can say in all honesty, it's fab-u-lous :D and well worth going for any dance enthusiast. Won't say too much for those who are waiting their turn, but more dancing makes it even better than before.
    From the stunning costumes, to the amazing dances (so many highlights) to the other fantastic dancers Pasha has on tour with him, there really is something for everyone. Pasha acts as the compere too and he's quick witted and charms the audience. :) He really has come 'out of his shell' so to speak since his early days on Strictly.
    I also like the new Q and A section which is precompiled and when Pasha mentioned about how 'dance can get into your heart and soul' I thought that was beautifully put.
    One lady that was chosen to participate, initially she was shaking her head and sure she mouthed 'Oh My God':p when on stage, but boy did she get into the swing of things. So much so her top kept rising, :o:p but she just kept going and when Pasha danced with her, he tried to discreetly pull the top back into place. The audience were in stitches and his face was a picture! He was really good with both ladies and they each got a hug and a kiss from him. At the end, he looked towards this particular lady and blew her a kiss and did the 'call me' sign. Lucky her.
    I'm so glad I can now say that I have witnessed first hand the magic of Pasha and Anya, just awesome.:)
    Was lucky enough to speak with Pasha before and after the show (such gorgeousness,:blush:) but more importantly a truly genuine and lovely guy. I remember saying a belated congratulations on a much deserved win and in that accent of his:blush: he said 'aww, thank you.' I do get tongue tied at times talking with him, but sure I was coherent, well, mostly.
    By good luck I also spoke with the other dancers and all were friendly and appreciative of the support. Then finally, I spoke with Anya who is just lovely. :) I wished them all the best for the rest of the tour and said what an amazing show it is.
    I did say to Anya I hoped she would return to Strictly, but this time with a celeb to teach as she had done really well the first time around and deserved a permanent pro spot.
    As Libby Lou said the only downside was no programmes this time, for whatever reason, as would have been a nice keepsake and yes could have drooled over Pasha pics.:blush: Oh and it finished all too quickly. Would love to go again, but at least I got to one show.
    For all those still to go, sit back, relax and enjoy the magic of 'Life Through Dance,' you are in for a treat.
    If anyone is lucky enough to be going on the Strictly cruise when Pasha and Anya are there, have a fab time and please post some pics on here, it would be appreciated.
  • Options
    KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just saying a personal Hello Shona, remembering old times. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm just saying a personal Hello Shona, remembering old times. :)

Hello to you Korky and thanks. Good to hear from you.:)
    Lots of good times on here in the past and here's to more in the future.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hehehe .... Knew you would be blown away Shona .... Thank you for sharing your experience here ....Glad you had a fantastic time ... and some lovely post show memories with the cast ... ;):D

And glad you had a lovely time too Libby ... :D

Hope IoW is sorted Gill .... Looks like venue has been changed altogether ... Don't know whats happening .... :(:( ... Hope you get to see the spectacular show ... :)

http://t.co/GTnahKwcup

Judy went to see her dearest 'Passion' :p in Falkirk yesterday and a few more pics from there ... and also while they were out in Newcastle ... :D

https://twitter.com/judmoo/status/588658953120256000
    http://t.co/DNNrO8pEqD
    http://t.co/naMZSwG6Ho
    https://twitter.com/PashaKovalev/status/587410606375968770

And an interview ... http://t.co/VfENviKYqh
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it has and I am delighted as it is at the Medina Theatre in Newport, only two miles from my house and about 500 yards from my sister's! It is a great little theatre which is almost "in the round" and with raked seating instead of the flat which we were going to have at the Ventnor Winter Gardens.

I don't know what is happening with the VWG as UB40 are supposed to be on there soon. Apparently the council sold it to the current owners for £1 and they spent a fortune doing it up!

I am looking forward to it more now that it is at the Medina Theatre.
  • Options
    peppy5peppy5 Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks all for news and reviews of the tour, not even half way through yet!

Lovely comments on twitter, seems like it's going really well. Anyone know what's happened with the programmes though? Are they going to be available later in the tour?

Lovely interview here in a west country local paper :)

http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/brooding-passion-Strictly-s-Pasha-heading-way/story-26348617-detail/story.html

Hi Salsashon, good to see you :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    peppy5 wrote: »
    Thanks all for news and reviews of the tour, not even half way through yet!

Lovely comments on twitter, seems like it's going really well. Anyone know what's happened with the programmes though? Are they going to be available later in the tour?

Lovely interview here in a west country local paper :)

http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/brooding-passion-Strictly-s-Pasha-heading-way/story-26348617-detail/story.html

Hi Salsashon, good to see you :)

Hi and thanks Peppy.:)
    Hope you get the chance of seeing the tour for yourself.
    Thanks also for the link to a great interview.:)
    Finally, thanks very much to you Pashulty for all links to pics, interviews, etc. Good to see new pics and read the latest on Pasha and the tour.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Absolutely ecstatic that Pasha is back for Strictly this year ....Woop woop woop ..... *Does a happy dance* .... :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pashulty wrote: »
    Absolutely ecstatic that Pasha is back for Strictly this year ....Woop woop woop ..... *Does a happy dance* .... :D:D:D

Me too Pashulty.:) Fabulous news he will be back on our screens in the autumn.:D
  • Options
    PashafanPashafan Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    SalsaShon wrote: »
    Thanks to all for posting reports on 'Life Through Dance' tour.
    After seeing the show on Tuesday, I can say in all honesty, it's fab-u-lous :D and well worth going for any dance enthusiast. Won't say too much for those who are waiting their turn, but more dancing makes it even better than before.
    From the stunning costumes, to the amazing dances (so many highlights) to the other fantastic dancers Pasha has on tour with him, there really is something for everyone. Pasha acts as the compere too and he's quick witted and charms the audience. :) He really has come 'out of his shell' so to speak since his early days on Strictly.
    I also like the new Q and A section which is precompiled and when Pasha mentioned about how 'dance can get into your heart and soul' I thought that was beautifully put.
    One lady that was chosen to participate, initially she was shaking her head and sure she mouthed 'Oh My God':p when on stage, but boy did she get into the swing of things. So much so her top kept rising, :o:p but she just kept going and when Pasha danced with her, he tried to discreetly pull the top back into place. The audience were in stitches and his face was a picture! He was really good with both ladies and they each got a hug and a kiss from him. At the end, he looked towards this particular lady and blew her a kiss and did the 'call me' sign. Lucky her.
    I'm so glad I can now say that I have witnessed first hand the magic of Pasha and Anya, just awesome.:)
    Was lucky enough to speak with Pasha before and after the show (such gorgeousness,:blush:) but more importantly a truly genuine and lovely guy. I remember saying a belated congratulations on a much deserved win and in that accent of his:blush: he said 'aww, thank you.' I do get tongue tied at times talking with him, but sure I was coherent, well, mostly.
    By good luck I also spoke with the other dancers and all were friendly and appreciative of the support. Then finally, I spoke with Anya who is just lovely. :) I wished them all the best for the rest of the tour and said what an amazing show it is.
    I did say to Anya I hoped she would return to Strictly, but this time with a celeb to teach as she had done really well the first time around and deserved a permanent pro spot.
    As Libby Lou said the only downside was no programmes this time, for whatever reason, as would have been a nice keepsake and yes could have drooled over Pasha pics.:blush: Oh and it finished all too quickly. Would love to go again, but at least I got to one show.
    For all those still to go, sit back, relax and enjoy the magic of 'Life Through Dance,' you are in for a treat.
    If anyone is lucky enough to be going on the Strictly cruise when Pasha and Anya are there, have a fab time and please post some pics on here, it would be appreciated.
    So pleased you had a wonderful time Shona, it is truly an amazing show!
    So thrilled that Pasha is back on Strictly this year!
  • Options
    PashOnForPashaPashOnForPasha Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    Me too Pashulty.:) Fabulous news he will be back on our screens in the autumn.:D

I'm thrilled too, though wish Anya was back on the show as his pro partner. She's a mesmerising dancer and they bring out the best in each other. Saw the show in Weymouth and counting the days til I see them again in Tewkesbury on May 12th. Does anyone know if there will be any programmes? I'm not clear as to whether they didn't want any this year or if there is some kind of issue with delivery but darnit, I want an excuse to chat to the gorgeous one and I don't think I have the nerve to just lurk around the stage door ...:blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm thrilled too, though wish Anya was back on the show as his pro partner. She's a mesmerising dancer and they bring out the best in each other. Saw the show in Weymouth and counting the days til I see them again in Tewkesbury on May 12th. Does anyone know if there will be any programmes? I'm not clear as to whether they didn't want any this year or if there is some kind of issue with delivery but darnit, I want an excuse to chat to the gorgeous one and I don't think I have the nerve to just lurk around the stage door ...:blush:

Have a fab time on the 12th POFP, not long now!:)
    As for lurking at the stage door, would you regret it if you didn't? That was my thinking so just went for it and besides there will probably be others waiting as well.
    You could always take chocolate and hand it over, that could be an excuse to meet HRH.;-)
    Thought I read that Pasha had asked for programmes, but it didn't happen, don't know why though.
    Hi Pashafan, yes the tour is truly spectacular.
    Agree with you POFP, him and Anya do bring out the best in each other, amazing chemistry.
    Perhaps Anya will be involved with the choreography team again and may already have had plans for over in the U.S. but it would have been great if she was one of the pros again. Hopefully, next time.
  • Options
    PashOnForPashaPashOnForPasha Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    You could always take chocolate and hand it over, that could be an excuse to meet HRH.;-)
    Thanks, hadn't thought of the chocolate route - that is a fine idea that I may well put into action on the night :);-) Sooo excited...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He is just oh so gorgeous and such a sweetheart to boot ..... *sigh* .... *swoon* ... :blush::blush:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CD_IA6lWMAA6o_z.jpg
    https://mobile.twitter.com/poppy15194118/status/594174314422915072
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Robin went to see the show last night in Bromley & Pasha got him on stage as a treat for the ladies on stage during the audience participation section ! Think it was really sweet... :blush::blush::)
    http://t.co/QsbOqE0mAX
    http://t.co/kkU38RMmMz
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As it is just over two weeks to the show at Medina theatre, Newport, I emailed See Tickets about when we would get ours. No reply yet.