Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Season 2 (US-Pace)

Comments

• FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wondering if there will be a season 3, too.
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    FusionFury wrote: »
    I'll be amazed if there isn't.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    FusionFury wrote: »

I hope there is less chasing in it. Nearly every episode just involves them looking for someone. If they do eventually find them (after many escapes) it just leads them to look for someone else.

rolleyes x 1000
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This episode was so good, the ending and how it all ties to the movie had me in goosebumps.
  • caz06caz06 Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    This episode was so good, the ending and how it all ties to the movie had me in goosebumps.

yeah , it was brilliant, loved the fact the original team was back together for an episode :D

also love how far skye has come, the scene when she went to save Lincoln, just showed that she doesn't need to have her powers to become a good agent, shes kickass like may :D

also after couldson not being in AOU, was nice that he kinda had his part to play in the background leading upto the events of the film , also next week looks like their gonna be sticking with the inhumans rather than the aftermath of AOU which i think is drastically different to seaon one continuing CA: winter soldier and the Hyrda situation
  • marsch_labbmarsch_labb Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    See, it wasn't difficult. Coulson just had to show up and, after getting the help he needed in the short term, say 'by the way, Fury is not dead and i'm in charge, move over wannabes'.
    This 'real shield' storyline was just a boring filer. Which is disappointing since there are so many great stories in the comics!
    Another ridicule scene where we see Skye being as badass as May after only a few months training. No credibility. If i forget it was Skye, the scene itself was great, one of the best fight this season.
    Now we go back to the essentials, the reasons why this show exist; a show built around agent Coulson and the tie-ins to the Avengers and the rest of MCU.
    I expect a great end of season.
    Forum Member
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    I will confess to also getting giddy when all that was going on.
    caz06 wrote: »
    also after couldson not being in AOU, was nice that he kinda had his part to play in the background leading upto the events of the film , also next week looks like their gonna be sticking with the inhumans rather than the aftermath of AOU which i think is drastically different to seaon one continuing CA: winter soldier and the Hyrda situation
    I find this interesting too; Coulson was talking to Maria Hill, getting her up to speed on the Scepter and would be events of the Ultron movie, yet Maria Hill is working for Tony Stark (right?) yet she's also talking to Coulson, so does Stark know that Coulson is alive and well?

I guess Theta Protocol was the Avengers again? Am curious also as to what's in the bottom of that Aircraft Carrier too. Anyone care to speculate?
  • marsch_labbmarsch_labb Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    I will confess to also getting giddy when all that was going on.

I find this interesting too; Coulson was talking to Maria Hill, getting her up to speed on the Scepter and would be events of the Ultron movie, yet Maria Hill is working for Tony Stark (right?) yet she's also talking to Coulson, so does Stark know that Coulson is alive and well?

I guess Theta Protocol was the Avengers again? Am curious also as to what's in the bottom of that Aircraft Carrier too. Anyone care to speculate?

You mean when Coulson said to Gonzalez 'you have secrets too, at the bottom of your aircraft'?
    Gonzalez admitted he wanted to acquire enhanced people, so he must already have one(or more) hidden there. The writers don't even have to know who it is, it can be something to be revealed next season. Although it would be nice if it's already planned to be revealed soon. It's probably not something that has any influence on AOU or Coulson would have pressed him about it.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

None of the Avengers know that Coulson is alive, just the people who've seen him in the TV series (Hill, Fury, etc.).

Joss Whedon's been clear that he's dead in the films. Of course, canon for the MCU itself is that he is alive, whatever Whedon may think the relationship is between film and TV, so the way to look at it is that those main characters who have only been in the films still think he's dead.
    Forum Member
    You mean when Coulson said to Gonzalez 'you have secrets too, at the bottom of your aircraft'? Gonzalez admitted he wanted to acquire enhanced people, so he must already have one(or more) hidden there. The writers don't even have to know who it is, it can be something to be revealed next season. Although it would be nice if it's already planned to be revealed soon. It's probably not something that has any influence on AOU or Coulson would have pressed him about it.
    Yeah, that's what I mean. I also suspect that with Gonzalez (seemingly) thinking Skye is now their prisoner you're right; he does have some special people in the bottom of his aircraft carrier. I sense a ulterior motive.
    Matt D wrote: »
    None of the Avengers know that Coulson is alive, just the people who've seen him in the TV series (Hill, Fury, etc.).
    Makes sense, be good to see Fury back too, can't deny the love on Gonzalez' face when Coulson made that little reveal. :D
    Joss Whedon's been clear that he's dead in the films. Of course, canon for the MCU itself is that he is alive, whatever Whedon may think the relationship is between film and TV, so the way to look at it is that those main characters who have only been in the films still think he's dead.
    Well, one thing has to be said for sure, and that's that Heimdall is doing a piss poor job as an overseer. :p He's the one who sent Sif to Earth, and so he must know of Coulson's status, yet he hasn't let that slip to Thor? It's possible that he too respects Coulson's wishes (in that he wishes to tell Thor in his own time) but still.

I hope, eventually, he'll turn up, if even for a cameo in Avengers 3 (or Inhumans; though that likely wont involve the Avengers much, if at all). Stark, Rogers and Thor need to know Coulson is alive and kicking!
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skye really kicked butt this week! Really love how she's getting a grasp on controlling her power now.
  • geobradgeobrad Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well all i can say is!!!!! Nick Nury is alive and is near blackpool tonight https://instagram.com/p/2Gt2e5D0V3/:cool:
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thoroughly enjoyed that episode. I like what they're doing with Raina as well - making her an unwilling help but I also wonder how much she's manipulating things herself - is she telling them everything she's seeing?

Skye was ace, loved her deadpanning to Ward throughout the episode, some cracking one liners as well during the mission briefing. The dynamic of that team is really good, Gemma's certainly stopped being the cautious scientist of season one!
    Nice to see Fitz back in action as well, although I wish they'd make some reference to him still not being up to speed as they made such a big deal of it at the start of season two.

Bobbie is still great, looks like she's starting to question "real" S.H.I.E.L.D motivations and I'm wondering what Gonzales has hidden away in his aircraft carrier, could it be young whatisface, who fell overboard from the boat Hydra was assaulting when Gemma went along with Bakshi? The guy who got affected by the electrical ice machine maker.

I haven't seen AoU yet, so I'm working out now whether or not it's going to be as vital as the changes which came about from Winter Soldier were in last year's show.

Looking forward to the last few episodes though and the big 2 hour season finale.
    Forum Member
    Cadiva wrote: »
    I haven't seen AoU yet, so I'm working out now whether or not it's going to be as vital as the changes which came about from Winter Soldier were in last year's show.
    I wouldn't say so, no. Unlike the Winter Soldier (which featured the collapse of Shield) that directly backlashes onto the tv show (because the show was about Shield, rather than an Avenger). AoU doesn't really involve Shield at all, and it's very much the Avengers (though there is a scene that has Shield in it, but I wont say more due to spoilers).

I would imagine the only follow up the tv series will have to compare is the same as the tv episode that followed from Thor 2; it'll have our team clearing up the resulting mess.
  • scardisscardis Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    Can we all just take a second and mourn the loss of one of the original team members from Coulson's gang. Rest in Pieces dear Bus, sorry to see your nice bar go.
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't say so, no. Unlike the Winter Soldier (which featured the collapse of Shield) that directly backlashes onto the tv show (because the show was about Shield, rather than an Avenger). AoU doesn't really involve Shield at all, and it's very much the Avengers (though there is a scene that has Shield in it, but I wont say more due to spoilers).

I would imagine the only follow up the tv series will have to compare is the same as the tv episode that followed from Thor 2; it'll have our team clearing up the resulting mess.

Thanks for that, good to know.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AoU doesn't really involve Shield at all, and it's very much the Avengers (though there is a scene that has Shield in it, but I wont say more due to spoilers).

I wouldn't say that was SHIELD.

AoU spoilers:
    ... just Fury "and some friends".
    Forum Member
    And it turns out that Skye's mum is a psychopath too. Wonderful; though I suppose to some extent, you can pardon her considering what she must have gone through. Still doesn't excuse her actions though - and I wonder whether Kal was in on it (I suspect he was cause of those viles).

I'm also speculating that at some point all this (the truth) is going to come to light; it's inevitable. Gonzalez is out (Skye's mum would have a lot to answer for if it turned out he was one of them) and she was shot (an immortal was shot); whoopie! It also appears that they're making their own crystals now, no doubt in an attempt to enhance their numbers and ... I wouldn't say to take over the world, but to at least build their own society and not have to fear anyone.

But yeah, interesting episode, what's Ward up too? And what's the deal with Mack. There's got to be more going on with him, there just has to be.
  • TorquarTorquar Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    and I wonder whether Kal was in on it (I suspect he was cause of those viles).

Those vials only had dregs left in them, I suspect Cal has already dosed up and all hell is going to break lose either on the quinjet or back at base.

In the comics Mister Hyde could stand up to Thor, so should be interesting :D.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not seen Age of Ultron yet so it was a bit weird watching this episode with everyone having seemingly jumped forward in time from where I saw them at the end of last weeks. :D

The tie in with Winter Soldier was a lot better as we still saw the TV characters lives carrying on at the same time as the film story played out.

Did Raina know Skye's mother was the one who ends up starting the war between Shield and the inhumans or did she just see enough to know the meeting took place and somehow the war started.

Either way she was actually telling the truth.:o

Must admit the show had me fooled. I was totally expecting Gonzalas' gift to be something to kill or incapacitate Skye's Mum (must actually learn her name at some point). While I did suspect that Cal had ulterior motives for giving himself up I didn't suspect Skye's Mum till she unwrapped the crystal.

I'm guessing this season ends with most of the Inhumans captured or dead with a few having escaped with the technology to create new crystals (thus setting up the film).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yup, I was expecting Gonzales to screw over Skye's mother, not the other way around.

AoU spoilers:

Ha, well, it looks like it *was* SHIELD, despite what was said in Age of Ultron :D
    Forum Member

AoU spoilers:
    AoS Spoilers:
    It was Shield. Coulson had a Hellcarrier in dock, ready to use.
    :)
    Torquar wrote: »
    In the comics Mister Hyde could stand up to Thor, so should be interesting.
    Guy's a difficult character to put an allegiance too. I assume he's a villain in the comics? Strange that he would acknowledge the good in Shield though. I have doubts we'll ever see him up against Thor, but if they use the character to that level, things could become interesting.

How did he come to be anyway? He's not an Inhuman, right? What is he?
    Corwin wrote: »
    Did Raina know Skye's mother was the one who ends up starting the war between Shield and the inhumans or did she just see enough to know the meeting took place and somehow the war started.
    I doubt she knew who the instigator was, but she did know of the havoc that would follow. Seems we're in for a few more tragedies yet.
    Corwin wrote: »
    I'm guessing this season ends with most of the Inhumans captured or dead with a few having escaped with the technology to create new crystals (thus setting up the film).
    Unlikely. The Inhuman films are a few years away yet, and I doubt the main cast of that are going to be the tv stars (if they are, then suddenly they're all going to be higher paid and many of them wont want to work the tv schedule). I don't know what'll happen with this bunch, but I expect the films to focus on a different group, or the Kree or something (maybe they return to try and destroy their creation?)
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AoS

Unlikely. The Inhuman films are a few years away yet, and I doubt the main cast of that are going to be the tv stars (if they are, then suddenly they're all going to be higher paid and many of them wont want to work the tv schedule). I don't know what'll happen with this bunch, but I expect the films to focus on a different group, or the Kree or something (maybe they return to try and destroy their creation?)

I wasn't saying any of the named/seen TV characters will be in the film just that a few unnamed/unseen Inhumans escape with the crystal technology.

So rather than have the TV show kill off or capture everyone there's a small group still out there who will be the basis for the film.

There are of course Inhumans elsewhere in the world as it's said that most Inhumans/potentials don't live permanently in Afterlife but Afterlife is probably the place where they grow their new crystals.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AoS Spoilers:
    It was Shield. Coulson had a Hellcarrier in dock, ready to use.
    :)

I know, I posted last night :)

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=77961061&postcount=222

Guy's a difficult character to put an allegiance too. I assume he's a villain in the comics? Strange that he would acknowledge the good in Shield though. I have doubts we'll ever see him up against Thor, but if they use the character to that level, things could become interesting.

How did he come to be anyway? He's not an Inhuman, right? What is he?

He experimented on himself with some sort of chemical formula that granted super-strength... and violent mood swings. It was mentioned previously.

Then this week we saw the vials of his formula when he was taken into custody... Skye's mother must have given them back to him, wanting him to cause chaos in the jet...
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Holy smokes! What a season finale!

Amazing episode. Great fight scenes, development for some of the characters and a great ending!

Coulson losing his hand was dark! I mean...Damn! :o The fight with Gordon was very well done, but I'm a bit disappointed that Gordon made some bad choices, especially since he was my favourite character this season. :(

I was so glad Calvin didn't get locked up, but just got his memories wiped. It's sad that he won't remember his daughter, but at least she knows he's happy.

The ending was amazing. I honestly don't think she's gone for good, but she'll appear maybe mid season 3 with powers of her own? That'd be pretty cool.

Also, looks like we'll be seeing a lot more people with powers next season maybe? Considering the crystals leaked into the water which ended up becoming fish oil in shops.