Options

The new Lauren in Eastenders

DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,045
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
Im warming to her, there seems much more of an edge to her than the previous girl who played her.

The new girl is much older and seems about a foot taller as well.

I think she is filling some of the role that Zsa Zsa played in the edgy teen type

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    totally agree.
    Weirdly i prefered Zsa Zsa though. I think we need to see lauren with more people her own age and not just with her family
  • Options
    blue_cobaltblue_cobalt Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    Hot but annoying :mad:
  • Options
    laurenlawsonlaurenlawson Posts: 2,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rose_BB wrote: »
    totally agree.
    Weirdly i prefered Zsa Zsa though. I think we need to see lauren with more people her own age and not just with her family
    I think we all prefered Zsa Zsa. :mad:

I am so angry she left.

I'd do ANYTHING to bring her back.
    She was HOT. :p
    Also, great character, played by a great actress.

One of the stupidest thing's Kirkwood has done, EVER was axe her. :(
  • Options
    JC_GTA2010JC_GTA2010 Posts: 2,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I am so angry she left.

That is absolutely hilarious
    :D
    I agree too.
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zsa Zsa was a much better character in that her personality was more rounded and believable - apart from her supposed age - was she supposed to be 15?

The new Lauren is just a stereotypical one dimensional teenage brat, and why does she care about Archie all of a sudden, it's not like he had anything to do with her, nor was she that cut up when Bradley died!!!!! Send the character to boarding school along with Abbie !!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    god i can't stand her..She can't even roll her eyes properly :rolleyes:

what the hell is all that about..and she can't act...erugh
  • Options
    jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »

Agreed she is awful.:confused:
  • Options
    thebill22thebill22 Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still prefer the old actress and the old Lauren. There taking her in a complete different direction and its not even a gradual change, she just all of a sudden become this spiteful girl who suddenly cares about a brother whose funeral she did'nt want to attend to. I know people will say she was horrible before as she tried to kill her dad but the old Lauren would of never said anything like that to Jay. She can't say he needs to grow up when hes the same age as her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    thebill22 wrote: »
    I still prefer the old actress and the old Lauren. There taking her in a complete different direction and its not even a gradual change, she just all of a sudden become this spiteful girl who suddenly cares about a brother whose funeral she did'nt want to attend to. I know people will say she was horrible before as she tried to kill her dad but the old Lauren would of never said anything like that to Jay. She can't say he needs to grow up when hes the same age as her.
    but Jay looks about 12 :eek: its not right :D
  • Options
    I did It First!I did It First! Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thebill22 wrote: »

Funny because I can remember Lauren bullying Jay at school and calling him Bobby Orange (BO) which made Jase square up to Max over it.

People seem to only remember what they want to remember with Lauren.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did not really like the original Lauren but this one is absolutely dreadful
  • Options
    foxy23foxy23 Posts: 4,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never understood all the hype for Zsa Zsa..I can't think of or name ONE substantial plotline she had??? Just very unmemorable!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But I think what EE are trying to get at is:

yes, Lauren's personality has changed a bit, because being in America has changed her.

I think life in the states, has altered the character's personality a bit.

she's more 'hey daddio' now, instead of 'hi dad'
  • Options
    blue_cobaltblue_cobalt Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member

I am so angry she left.

This! 100% THIS! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a brat and I cannot stand her. Her voice grates on me and her facial expressions too. Awful actress - if rumours she's getting axed are true - good riddance.
  • Options
    MadWorld_NESMadWorld_NES Posts: 37,961
    Forum Member

I am so angry she left.

BK didn't axe her, she left of her own accord to concentrate on writing new E20 series.

As for the new Lauren, I don't actually mind her. I wasn't the greatest fan of the old actress and although Lauren's had a complete personality transplant, Jacqueline Jossa is just behaving the way she's told to. It's not her fault. I think she's actually quite good for a newcomer, and will improve with time.
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She always looks like she's about to nod off.

She's un-needed and badly played. Dislike everything about her.

Pack her off to America again please so she can sulk over there instead.
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I am so angry she left.

agree as well was crazy for her to go soooo many stories could have happened and new lauren so far doin my head in
  • Options
    ShedheddShedhedd Posts: 1,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »

Totally agree. I can't compare her with the old Lauren because I never saw the original, I stopped watching EE a couple of years ago, but I do agree that she is a really bad actress.
  • Options
    mickmarsmickmars Posts: 7,438
    Forum Member
    I can live with the actress change,,but I cannot live with the total Lauren character change - from a wouldnt say boo to a goose babt teen to a grown up fiesty argumentative teen in just a few months..Eastenders doesnt know how to do slow and subtle
  • Options
    Loop o' SoupLoop o' Soup Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    Rob22 wrote: »
    But I think what EE are trying to get at is:

yes, Lauren's personality has changed a bit, because being in America has changed her.

I think life in the states, has altered the character's personality a bit.

she's more 'hey daddio' now, instead of 'hi dad'

Eight weeks in the states does not have that kind of effect on a person, becoming a stoner almost overnight is Kirkwoods idea of taking the mick.

Sadly Jossa the Tossa is not cutting the mustard in terms of on screen presence, having the appearance deficient Jossa in the cast is a mistake.
  • Options
    April DancerApril Dancer Posts: 325
    Forum Member
    milosimab wrote: »
    I did not really like the original Lauren but this one is absolutely dreadful

Agreed. The old Lauren was dreadful, so is this one, she's just less drippy. And she was only in the states for about a month, hardly a life changing amount of time.
  • Options
    xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also preferred Zsa Zsa and miss her. Great actress, good character.

As for new Lauren 2 months in America would hardly change your life and her personality is so different to the last Lauren it's unreal. Why are they doing this to the character whenever we already have Lucy? I wouldn't mind if she left tbh.
  • Options
    Donna2010Donna2010 Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xKatieLx wrote: »
    I also preferred Zsa Zsa and miss her. Great actress, good character.

As for new Lauren 2 months in America would hardly change your life and her personality is so different to the last Lauren it's unreal. Why are they doing this to the character whenever we already have Lucy? I wouldn't mind if she left tbh.

Why compare Zsa Zsa to Lauren? two completely different characters and the actress playing Zsa Zsa quit the role.

http://www.walfordweb.co.uk/item.php?id=2441

Also Lauren isn't different at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLFOuP5tMQ8

Watch that all the way through. So what exactly is different? apart from the new actress being more convinicing?
  • Options
    Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes. Emer Kenny, who played Zsa Zsa, wanted to quit her role, she wasn't axed.

she quit out of choice, to focus on writing, and not quite so much acting.