Katherine Jenkins

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
Forum Member
✭✭
She's about the best I've seen so early on, and might well win.

Comments

• Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think she has the fan base to win it & Mark doesn't seem to be mega popular from the clips & interviews i've seen.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    Yeah, she might not have enough fanbase to win. She seems really likeable, and can obviously dance, so who knows.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Not a big fan base over there.....but she'll be in the Final...with Maria.
  • KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    I don't think she has the fan base to win it & Mark doesn't seem to be mega popular from the clips & interviews i've seen.
    She's beautiful, well spoken, and comes off as very sincere. All of those translate over and will create the fanbase.

She may not win, but as long as the judges keep (rightfully) scoring her highly, the fanbase for her will grow. Because, well... she's beautiful, well spoken, and comes off as very sincere.

I'll admit though it may be a good formula for being a runner up. At finale time a lot of people go BACK to some old favorite of theirs. But not always. She's got at least a chance.
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must say that she do you guys (whether you want to say UK or Welsh) very proud:):). I am so happy to see what she is achieving here(I like her). No matter what happens, her main goal which is to breakthrough in the US market will be achieved. Many people are warming up to her. I lurk into some dwts forums and ask some of the people that I know who watch the show, people like her so she is really starting to build a strong fanbase.
    As for Mark he is already very popular and I dont want to be presumptuous but I think he can already clear his closet for his 3rd trophy:):):cool:.
    She should make it to the final and if Mark doesnt do anything crazy with the choreo, they should win this:):). Contrary to scd, the showdance is very important in the final at dwts.
    And Mark pulled some amazing showdances in the past. He has to be my 2nd fav. choreographer in that show(Derek being the1st)
  • Lili27Lili27 Posts: 2,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree Edy because I do think Katherine will be in the top 3. The freestyle makes or break it for the final 3 so if Mark can pull off some good choreo for Katherine she has a great chance of going all the way. So far she looks like she can handle anything he gives her. She seems to be winning over the public every week.

I think Mark sometimes falters with the traditional dances when he gets too crazy but his freestyles have been crowd /judge pleasers. His freestyle with Kristie Yamaguchi was the one of the best of the entire serie IMO.
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    I think Katherine is probably one of the best dancers we've ever seen on the show. I do hope that Mark sticks to traditional choreography in the Ballroom dances. Len doesn't seem to care quite as much in the Latin ones.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope someone makes it clear to the Americans that they don't get to keep her.
  • Lili27Lili27 Posts: 2,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katherine was interviewed by Piers Morgan Tonight on CNN. This is an excerpt.

I think Pers Morgan Tonight airs in the UK if I am not mistaken?

http://piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com/2012/04/05/katherine-jenkins-on-using-drugs-in-her-youth-i-certainly-couldnt-live-like-that-now/?hpt=pm_mid
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    24 for Paso. Not so good.
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    petertard wrote: »
    24 for Paso. Not so good.

That Paso had fire, intensity, agression, technique(a little too much imo) and she handled it like a pro.Sure there were a couple of wobbles during that dance but they were undermarked.
    I think that shes in danger tonight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen it on Youtube; it did seem to lack some subtlety, unlike her previous dances.
  • Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    That Paso had fire, intensity, agression, technique(a little too much imo) and she handled it like a pro.Sure there were a couple of wobbles during that dance but they were undermarked.
    I think that shes in danger tonight.

Putting something in bold doesn't make it true!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    So Katherine survives, and, since she is an excellent dancer, will presumably be much safer in the dance-off weeks.

I think we're seeing history in the making - the year that Katherine Jenkins breaks America, a la Catherine Zeta Jones, and becomes Hollywood royalty. I can almost see it now....

(Fast forward 5 years. The Daily Fail has sent a reporter out to interview KT.....)

"I caught up with Hollywood superstar Katherine Jenkins at her Malibu beachfront home which she shares with her new beau, actor and heartthrob, Ashton Kutcher. She is on a professional high after the massive success of her sitcom "Don't Call Me Diva", now in it's third season, about the travails of an aspiring opera singer. She's now promoting her first feature film, a remake of "Singin' in the Rain" in which she sings and dances with co-stars Mark Ballas and (former boyfriend) Derek Hough."

"So Katherine, how did it all start for you?" "Well, Kent, I was spotted competing in Season 14 of a show called Dancing With the Stars. It wasn't televised in the UK so I was only seen there by the hardy few who watched on YouTube. I knew then that my future lay in the US..."

:D:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is very talented. She can act (Dr. Who). she can dance (DWTS) and she can sing.
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is very talented. She can act (Dr. Who). she can dance (DWTS) and she can sing.

Jack of all trades, master of none ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is also a model.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is also a model.

I'm surprised her PR haven't yet touted her as an author, philanthropist, designer, entrepreneur.....all round genius etc or have they? :rolleyes:.......Maybe that's yet to come :yawn:
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    I'm surprised her PR haven't yet touted her as an author, philanthropist, designer, entrepreneur.....all round genius etc or have they? :rolleyes:.......Maybe that's yet to come :yawn:

I don't know why there's so much hate for her. Katherine isn't famous for being famous and she's a good dancer. She also seems genuinely sweet, as she wouldn't be able to fake it for this long - rehearsals can be very stressful. Why is having a bit of ambition a bad thing?

It's a pity people in this country feel the need to knock those who are doing well.
  • Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well she has already written an autobiography....it wasnt completely true and honest obviously.....she forgot to mention drug taking.....so being partly fiction that makes her an author surely. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    j4Rose wrote: »
    I don't know why there's so much hate for her. Katherine isn't famous for being famous and she's a good dancer. She also seems genuinely sweet, as she wouldn't be able to fake it for this long - rehearsals can be very stressful. Why is having a bit of ambition a bad thing?

It's a pity people in this country feel the need to knock those who are doing well.

When did not being impressed by someone equate to 'hate'? You like her that's fine but sorry I don't share your admiration for her and it is a forum for different views.....I'm highly suspicious of any celebritiy that's heavily marketed...I just don't agree she's uber talented...........yes she's a good dancer and so she should be with all her prior experience ;) but her performances do next to nothing for me.
  • Evs814Evs814 Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    When did not being impressed by someone equate to 'hate'? You like her that's fine but sorry I don't share your admiration for her and it is a forum for different views.....I'm highly suspicious of any celebritiy that's heavily marketed...I just don't agree she's uber talented...........yes she's a good dancer and so she should be with all her prior experience ;) but her performances do next to nothing for me.
    'All her prior experience' relates I assume to the few dance routines she mastered for the Viva la Diva show. But did that show include paso, samba, jive...? She is being taught to dance different styles by an expert, she is musical and as a practitioner of yoga is able to move well and has good control and core strength. Some people are just naturally able to move well to music. As for the marketing, I don't think she is the only celeb to have appeared on other shows promoting themselves, it's just that you have such a downer on her that she is the only one you comment on. For some real bile about KJ, the abc message boards are worth a look.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's great that she can dance so well, and wish she had been on Strictly in the UK.

I will say about her though that she is not that great a singer as a mezzo. She does not compare to someone like Frederica von Stade, who did many opera roles and is the ideal as far as I am concerned for a mezzo.

But as an all-round package of talent, KJ is fabulous.
  • BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan or anything like that, but I think she is amazing on DWTS. She reminds me of Alesha in that I can't take my eyes off her when she's dancing. :o She's got that something special and I hope she wins. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evs814 wrote: »
    'All her prior experience' relates I assume to the few dance routines she mastered for the Viva la Diva show. But did that show include paso, samba, jive...? She is being taught to dance different styles by an expert, she is musical and as a practitioner of yoga is able to move well and has good control and core strength. Some people are just naturally able to move well to music. As for the marketing, I don't think she is the only celeb to have appeared on other shows promoting themselves, it's just that you have such a downer on her that she is the only one you comment on. For some real bile about KJ, the abc message boards are worth a look.

I have actually commented on other celebs on these forums - not that I have to justify to you why I comment on KJ - forums as I said before are for all views - no her live show may not have included those styles but all dance training and performing in front of a live audience helps - it acutally doesn't bother me I found Matt Baker and Kara Tointon perfectly likeable as personalties and dancers despite their prior dance/gymnastic training to SCD... I don't read the abc message boards - so my opinions on KJ are based on what I see of her and interviews she's done - and as I said before I'm not impressed by her and it's a view I'm entitled to express.