Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Mama - mixed feelings about this. Parts of it I'd give 9/10 but the ending was a definite 5/10. The child actors in it were excellent though.
  • Pistol WhipPistol Whip Posts: 9,677
    Forum Member
    Mama - mixed feelings about this. Parts of it I'd give 9/10 but the ending was a definite 5/10. The child actors in it were excellent though.

I really enjoyed this movie but like you, the ending let it down (for me).

I watched The Conjuring recently and was quite disappointed after all the hype I'd read about it. It just didn't hit the spot for me. 5/10.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mean Girls [2004]. Director: Mark Waters

7/10

A film as shallow and predictable as the characters it portrays. It amused me though.
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pet Sematary..enjoyed it and it stayed true to the fantastic book but the acting was pretty bad 7/10
  • Pistol WhipPistol Whip Posts: 9,677
    Forum Member
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    Mean Girls [2004]. Director: Mark Waters

7/10

A film as shallow and predictable as the characters it portrays. It amused me though.

Very quotable movie. It's so Fetch :D
  • sinbad8982sinbad8982 Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carrie remake- was never gonna live up to the original which is one of my favourite movies. Casting was awful other than Julianne Moore, just a case of going through the motions of the original with none of that films style or empathy for Carrie. 4/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Cabin Fever ( this afternoon )..:D
  • Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 8/10 - felt that the supposed love triangle between Tauriel, Legolas and Kili was unnecessary but the action scenes were impressive and the CGI for Smaug was fantastic. I also think it would have been better keeping it to two films rather than three.
  • xander63xander63 Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Way Way Back [2013]

8/10

Funny movie.
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Atonement - 9/10

Loved it.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Wolverine - 6/10

I should have had a 'Spot a Japanese Cliché!' bingo card out as it'd make me a winner. The film actually doesn't miss a single cliché or stereotype. I knew there would be some, but I didn't expect it to be so cliché-ridden. I had more laughs out of this than the film as a whole.

In fairness, the film does it best to justify some clichés through dialogue. Example: a massive traditional Japanese house is a rarity these days, but one character explains 'Grandfather likes it traditional'. This sort of exposition helps to make it fun instead of just being typically lazy. It also helps that the handling seems a letter of affection than "Look at that! Look at this! Isn't Japan so wacky and weird yet so old-fashioned?"

Putting aside the comically ridiculous plot, the bear, the clichés, the canonic inconsistency and the disappointment that they didn't include his son, it was a fun film. Best to leave your brain at door, though.
  • emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,165
    Forum Member
    Gnomeo & Juliet (2011) - 7/10
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Man of Steel again and still a 7 out of 10.
  • DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Moon - excellent film and great performance by Rockwell

9/10
  • Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two today.....

The Great Escape - An old favourite, but the first time I'd watched it on Blu-ray. Picture quality varies a lot, but it is quite a bit better than the DVD edition I have. A keeper.

Brighton Rock (1947) - Can't say that I enjoyed it much. I didn't enjoy the book much, either. One to trade in.
  • MJsDirtyDianaMJsDirtyDiana Posts: 373,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Jungle Book
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ali..watchable but not great and too long 5/10
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay! I have this on dvd to watch so am really looking forward to it now! I loved Daniel Craig in Skyfall
    Just watched Skyfall - wow good film, especially the second half of it. 9/10.;-)
  • bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Lovely Molly - Superior psychological chiller about a woman becoming mentally unhinged due to.....well watch and decide! Gretchen Lodge is superb in the leading role, hope to see a lot more from her in the future 8.5/10
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carrie (2013)

It had no pull. It was as if the writers were only concerned with the prom event because everything leading up to it wasn't explored.
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Horse Whisperer.

15 years old and for some reason I've never seen it however it was a welcome surprise this afternoon. I really enjoyed it.

7/10
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones 4/10

Thing is... it wasn't bad. It had an interesting story, the problem was not much happened up until the final 10 minutes - which actually were pretty scary. The acting was terrible and seemed forced. Since it's a film recorded on a hand-held camera by the actor (like all Paranormal Activity movies), the acting needed to be more natural, but instead it was just corny in some places... meh!
  • xander63xander63 Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blue Jasmine [2013]

7/10
  • MissySmithMissySmith Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    12 years a slave 9/10

The violent scenes were eked out a bit though.
  • finklyfinkly Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Insider - Slick and tense but I think it loses something when the focus shifts from Russell Crowe's character in the final third. 7/10
This discussion has been closed.