The Quality of Sky Programming

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,290
Forum Member
✭✭✭
We currently have the standard & movies package and we are considering cancelling Sky altogether. The main reason being that we feel the standard of programming is very poor at the moment. There never seems to be anything decent on.

Does anyone else have any similar thoughts?

Comments

• DragonQDragonQ Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it wasn't for sports, I'd probably watch 1-2 hours of new TV a week, on average. But then again there isn't much "new TV" anyway - I wonder how many channels we'd need if repeats weren't shown?
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course, Sky is only the METHOD you use to watch TV, not all channels you watch (or don't, by the seems of things) are Sky channels.

I find there are plenty of new things to watch eack week, across many channels, including the PBS channels (BBC1, ITV), as well as things on National Geographic, Atlantic, Sky One.

At the end of the day, it's all down to taste, what you like, and if they don't show what you like, then why bother paying for it? Although i can't see what someone elses opinion on that has to do with what you think!
  • big_hard_ladbig_hard_lad Posts: 4,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course, Sky is only the METHOD you use to watch TV, not all channels you watch (or don't, by the seems of things) are Sky channels.

I find there are plenty of new things to watch eack week, across many channels, including the PBS channels (BBC1, ITV), as well as things on National Geographic, Atlantic, Sky One.

At the end of the day, it's all down to taste, what you like, and if they don't show what you like, then why bother paying for it? Although i can't see what someone elses opinion on that has to do with what you think!

I endorse this 100%.

Sky aren't responsible for what's on most of the channels. They are just the delivery method. (Obviously their own channels are a different kettle of fish).

If you don't feel like you're getting value from it, cancel it. Personally, I watch a lot of Sport so I really value my Sports Pack. I could probably do without the Entertainment Extra channels but then my wife loves all those hospital reality shows and loves repeats of ER on Sky Atlantic. She's also off on maternity leave at the minute so is getting great use from our Sky package. Couple that with the Remote Record, Catch Up and the amount of HD content, and I feel (at the moment, certainly) that I'm getting great value each month. If I ever felt like I wasn't, I'd cancel in a heartbeat.
  • THOMOTHOMO Posts: 7,452
    Forum Member
    As well as watching Sport and Movies, I watch alot from Sky 1, Sky Atlantic, Sky Living, Sky Arts 1 and 2, National Geographic Channel, The Discovery Channels as well as alot of others, as well as the free to air channels. So Sky is worth it for me:):):)
    Ian.
  • lesnar01lesnar01 Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    THOMO wrote: »
    As well as watching Sport and Movies, I watch alot from Sky 1, Sky Atlantic, Sky Living, Sky Arts 1 and 2, National Geographic Channel, The Discovery Channels as well as alot of others, as well as the free to air channels. So Sky is worth it for me:):):)
    Ian.

dont forget about comedy central its the only place in the uk we can see brand new two and a half men , mike and molly , anger management so its worth it for me just for thos shows it depends what u want to watch has if its worth the money ur paying for it :D