Marvel's Agents of SHIELD on Ch4 (Use Spoiler Tags)

Comments

• KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    I wonder if Skye's mum has regenerative powers as well

They outright said she did.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Kromm wrote: »
    They outright said she did.
    But those like a sponge? Where you can effectively blend the body to a pulp and it will find it's way back together.
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    This has apparently been renewed for a third season. Yay :)
  • Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    Happy to hear it's been renewed! The spin-off hasn't been picked up so it means:
    Bobbi and Hunter might end up sticking around!
  • Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    The May and Skye stuff was great this episode! Nice to finally see more of May's back story too and seeing more of why she's the way she is. Seems we're also beginning to see about Raina's powers too!
  • Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RE Agent May murdering a child: that's Agents Of SHIELD season 2's DVD/Bluray release rated 15 then.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,681
    Forum Member
    Well given that you didn't actually see anything I doubt it will be necessary.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well given that you didn't actually see anything I doubt it will be necessary.

She still murdered a child. There's no element of doubt there. If season two isn't rated 15, I'll be shocked. It would be great for the show as it would make the season appear 'edgy' to non-viewers.
  • varsasvarsas Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wowboy wrote: »
    Why are channel 4 only showing agents of shield once, no repeats the episodes are on,one for like few days on demand. It's ridiculous. I have missed episode 11 and 12 and I cannot catch up now. :(

Why not watch it on demand via All4?

Another great episode, definitely my favourite of the comic book type shows.
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thrombin wrote: »
    This has apparently been renewed for a third season. Yay :)

Excellent news and not that big of a surprise really, it's slowly picking up and does really well on the watch later and +1 and +3 figures in the US if I remember rightly.
    Agent Carter's been picked up for Season Two as well: http://www.forbes.com/sites/merrillbarr/2015/05/07/agent-carter-season-2-renewed-cancelled/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love how SHIELD keeps up its fast pace. Other shows would have kept the whole 'Skye's mum is training her and she doesn't know it!' bit going for a number of episodes.

Looks like Coulson isn't as clean cut as he is making himself out to be!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    varsas wrote: »

Another great episode, definitely my favourite of the comic book type shows.

Agreed. It captures that 'comic book' feel better than any other show IMO (the credits music in particular gives off that sort of vibe).
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,681
    Forum Member
    Really? Could be a perfectly reasonable explanation; as mentioned in the show :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? Could be a perfectly reasonable explanation; as mentioned in the show :)

I have a feeling it might be Age of Ultron related.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Sounds more like a build up to Captain America:Civil War to me, with different SHIELD factions with different view on powered individuals.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maah01 wrote: »
    Sounds more like a build up to Captain America:Civil War to me, with different SHIELD factions with different view on powered individuals.

The overall direction, yes. The theta protocol, probably not because that would mean that thread goes on deep into next year.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure there is, but the fact that he was keeping secrets from May goes some way to vindicate Real SHIELD. Now they seem a bit less paranoid because they knew things our people did not. One has to wonder, if Coulson had died, whether anyone else would have known enough to keep Theta Protocol going.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Happy to hear it's been renewed! The spin-off hasn't been picked up so it means:
    Bobbi and Hunter might end up sticking around!

Am I right in thinking the spin-off is on hold?

It's a tricky one. As I understand it Agent Carter did okay, the ratings weren't great, but was well liked by critics and fans alike, but wasn't intended to be any more than one series. However I read something where it was felt that if Agent Carter was cancelled it might look like a failure on Marvel's part, and for one reason or another it was decided it would be better to make a second series.
    But, also as I understand it, it was a toss up to which would be made next, another series of Agent Carter, OR the AoS spin-off.
    I also read somewhere that at some point a third series of AoS wasn't 100% guaranteed either.

Anyone can feel free to correct me on any of the above if I've got anything wrong.

Ideally I'd like to see all three shows get a series.
    However, if the AoS spin-off is on hold, I guess that they'd have to somehow write the third series of AoS in which Bobbi and Hunter have a point to being there and a lot of rewriting may be required if this is a plan B contingency plan.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love how SHIELD keeps up its fast pace. Other shows would have kept the whole 'Skye's mum is training her and she doesn't know it!' bit going for a number of episodes.

I definitely agree with that. Some series milk a plot line to death when it isn't even necessary to.
    Forum Member
    She still murdered a child. There's no element of doubt there. If season two isn't rated 15, I'll be shocked. It would be great for the show as it would make the season appear 'edgy' to non-viewers.

I didn't think self-defense was classified as murder? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also read somewhere that at some point a third series of AoS wasn't 100% guaranteed either.

Don't believe that for one minute. Are we forgetting that Disney is a conglomerate?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thrombin wrote: »
    I didn't think self-defense was classified as murder? :confused:

It probably isn't in America but we're all UK viewers in this thread.
    Forum Member
    It probably isn't in America but we're all UK viewers in this thread.

Well a quick look on the web seems to suggest that killing is only murder if it is unlawful and self-defense is a lawful defense in the uk as well as America.

I should jolly well hope so too!
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brilliant episode,we finally know may is called the calvary and why she is a big moody pants.

it needed to be something big to change her personality and they delivered, hopefully we will see more and more of old may show up in coming seasons.

the skye stuff was nice as i really like her dad so i am glad she gave him some happiness. also reina having premonitions as a gift could be interesting.

next week should have grant ward back so looking forward to it!
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Didn't Anakin kill a load of kids in RotS?

That seems to be a 12 on DVD.