Only Fools & Horses Uncut episodes

Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
Forum Member
✭✭✭
edited 23/02/24 - 09:42 in UK TV Shows #1
Was just wondering if anyone has downloaded all the episodes on itunes as I hear they are all supposed to be the uncut versions is this actually true? I know episodes such as The Jolly Boys Outing & Yuppy Love has extra minutes in them that didn't make the DVDs.

Thanx for any information.

Comments

• FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to know that too.
  • dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member
    Luner13 wrote: »
    Was just wondering if anyone has downloaded all the episodes on itunes as I hear they are all supposed to be the uncut versions is this actually true? I know episodes such as The Jolly Boys Outing & Yuppy Love has extra minutes in them that didn't make the DVDs.

Thanx for any information.

Why not just record them off GOLD? They are uncut I think.
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    I believe they are uncut musically but the 'racist' remarks are removed and the odd other reference (Dead ex girlfriends) are missing still
    Forum Member
    Why do they even bother editing stuff.
    Forum Member
    Why do they even bother editing stuff.

The law, The huge cost of covering music for a release on any platform that is not broadcast television and compassionate reasons
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »
    I believe they are uncut musically but the 'racist' remarks are removed and the odd other reference (Dead ex girlfriends) are missing still

Everything should be left in. I doubt people who hate racism would end up being racist after watching fully uncut episodes.
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D:D:D:D:D Joke of the Day. :)
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hahaha !
  • yorksdaveyorksdave Posts: 3,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Episodes from the first series originally had different theme music, but was altered to 'Hooky Street' on subsequent re-broadcast, in the first episode the original theme still plays in the episode.
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The most ridiculous cut I saw of an OFAH episode was around a year ago on BBC One in the early afternoon. It was the episode where they're holding a seance and the psychic starts describing Del and Rodney's mum (Long white hair, fingers and wrists adorned with rings and bracelets of gold).

Trigger says "It sounds like Jimmy Saville".

And they cut that line out. Truly pathetic.
  • RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »

I find it hard to believe there`s anything racist in OFAH.. just saying a word or referring to a person of ethnic background doesn`t make anyone racist.. in fact all they`re doing is winding us all up and making us more annoyed at the affects of immigration
    Forum Member
    [QUOTE=Randysback;77871459]I find it hard to believe there`s anything racist in OFAH.. just saying a word or referring to a person of ethnic background doesn`t make anyone racist.. in fact all they`re doing is winding us all up and making us more annoyed at the affects of immigration[/QUOTE]

I agree that is why i said 'racist' as in something they have decided is racist because nowadays people complain about all sorts of things

There was no genuince offensive racism in OFAH
    Forum Member
    The most ridiculous cut I saw of an OFAH episode was around a year ago on BBC One in the early afternoon. It was the episode where they're holding a seance and the psychic starts describing Del and Rodney's mum (Long white hair, fingers and wrists adorned with rings and bracelets of gold).

I know.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 325
    Forum Member
    yorksdave wrote: »
    Episodes from the first series originally had different theme music, but was altered to 'Hooky Street' on subsequent re-broadcast, in the first episode the original theme still plays in the episode.

Funnily enough I was watching the very first series on DVD and yes you are right, I remember owning the same series but on VHS which had a completely different theme tune.
  • Paul M CPaul M C Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I saw that episode when it was repeated on BBC1 (mid afternoon I think last year) and that line was most definitely left in - I remember it well, because I was wondering if it was going to be censored.....

Unless, of course, they repeated this episode twice last year and had edited it on the further repeat showing?
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes me too i watched it on the BBC quite recently and that joke was left in
  • bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Randysback wrote: »
    I find it hard to believe there`s anything racist in OFAH.. just saying a word or referring to a person of ethnic background doesn`t make anyone racist.. in fact all they`re doing is winding us all up and making us more annoyed at the affects of immigration

No there isn't there is some lines like "P***i shop wont let us have nothing on tick". They also have cut this line out of one episode.

"Ringing round your old girlfriends makes you feel old"

"Some married are they?"

"Couple of them are dead".

That line is always cut now. Someone said it's out of respect for David Jason as his life long partner had died of Cancer.
  • AnthonyCAnthonyC Posts: 2,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish I could see the uncut version of the 1986 Christmas episode where Rodney falls for the posh lady in the market.

I know die-hard fans hate this episode but the scene at the Opera was hilarious but has now been hacked to death and would love to see it in its original format. Plus the removal of audience laughter which I believe was added on after 1st transmission.

The cut episode I think was last shown on Christmas morning 2014 on BBC ONE.

I guess it's a long shot but anyone know whether the original still exists intact somewhere?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AnthonyC wrote: »
    I wish I could see the uncut version of the 1986 Christmas episode where Rodney falls for the posh lady in the market.

I know die-hard fans hate this episode but the scene at the Opera was hilarious but has now been hacked to death and would love to see it in its original format. That, minus the audience laughter which I believe was added on after 1st transmission.

I guess it's a long shot but anyone know whether this still exists intact somewhere?

I had this on tape till a few years ago. Recorded on Christmas Day 1986, sadly the tape got accidently thrown away. :(
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gold have butchered the series.
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pete137 wrote: »
    This is the uncut version.

http://youtu.be/ZA22d4gMxJg

That video is 2hrs 40mins:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That video is 2hrs 40mins:confused:

It's been posted at a slower speed than normal. I have noticed this a lot on Youtube lately. It seems to be a way of getting around copyrights.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of these cuts have been made because the show is seen as a 'national treasure' series and they don't want people to be shocked when they hear certain offensive words or lines. Also, John Sullivan really didn't like some parts of a few episodes so didn't mind them being cut. The other reason, as has been said, is the music edits.

The DVD versions are fine. There's not enough cut from them to be concerned about really. I know some people want them uncut for completist sake, well maybe they exist on old video releases? Someone will have them!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lot of these cuts have been made because the show is seen as a 'national treasure' series and they don't want people to be shocked when they hear certain offensive words or lines. Also, John Sullivan really didn't like some parts of a few episodes so didn't mind them being cut. The other reason, as has been said, is the music edits.

The DVD versions are fine. There's not enough cut from them to be concerned about really. I know some people want them uncut for completist sake, well maybe they exist on old video releases? Someone will have them!

In the Jolly Boys outing there is a large bit cut when Del and Rodney are in a nightclub. It's cut due to music rights but the scene explains the problems that Rodney and Cassandra are beginning to have.
  • MissCharleyPMissCharleyP Posts: 1,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That scene being cut is the most annoying! I have most episodes on DVD (apart from Hull&Back, Royal Flush & Miami Twice cos I hate those ones) and this scene is important. The nightclub bit makes no sense without it! Couldn't they dub another song/different music over it?!
This discussion has been closed.