Options

Dicte: Crime Reporter - Danish drama More4 Fridays 9pm

Comments

• Options
    JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    misfitt wrote: »
    If it was an hour cut to 45 mins it may be manageable but 2 hours is too long for this level of quality.
    It's nothing like 2 hours if you skip the excessive ads.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The theme/end credits music is now an earworm for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxPkCo9cw94
  • Options
    misfittmisfitt Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    Straker wrote: »

I feel the same way about the music from The Bridge
  • Options
    misfittmisfitt Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    JeffG1 wrote: »
    It's nothing like 2 hours if you skip the excessive ads.

Fair comment but even at 90 mins still too long for me. For 90 mins it needs to be the quality of Morse or Vera.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To discuss the actual content of last night's programme for a moment: wouldn't you have DNA tests done before offering one of your kidneys to a total stranger?
  • Options
    Caro07Caro07 Posts: 1,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JeffG1 wrote: »
    To discuss the actual content of last night's programme for a moment: wouldn't you have DNA tests done before offering one of your kidneys to a total stranger?

We know that Dicte has his social insurance number so her friend could have checked it as I'm sure he would have needed it to register at the hospital for dialysis - I agree they should have mentioned it though.
  • Options
    NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I struggle to watch this because I just can't warm to Dicte. She takes her personal problems and grievances to her work and becomes overly judgemental towards others who have crossed those lines. Then of course she sees the errors of her ways and softens her stance. I get that this drama is as much about solving crimes as it is about exploring Dicte's past, how it is affecting her in the present and her need to overcome its effects. I know that I like her story but she is a character I find difficult to like.

I haven't seen all of last week episode, though I managed to see about 20 mins or so of it. Unfortunately I kind of lost the will to watch the rest of it when Robert Peston left *conveniently* left evidence on the table for Dicte to pick at (because, let's face it, without Dicte having dubious access or implausible ways of gaining direct access to criminal evidence, she wouldn't have a job and there will no sensible reason why this drama would be made since it wouldn't work or make sense. All of which is another reason I struggle to like this show), and this gives her the cue to speak aggressively at people who don't go along with her according to her judgemental sneers and barks.

Besides, all that she and Peston should just get over their sexual frustrations with one another and just do the obligatory sex scene and quit dragging out that part of the drama. Hopefully that will cure his incompetency as a police officer and her overbearing manner as a human being.:kitty:

That's 4 Walter Presents dramas I have started to watch but dropped because I struggled to like them, and life is too short for that kind of torture.:p
  • Options
    NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    misfitt wrote: »
    I watched the first one last night and thought it was poor. At one point the doctor was stitching her eye and the next he had his hand on her chest. That is a conduct unbecoming where I live.

If it was an hour cut to 45 mins it may be manageable but 2 hours is too long for this level of quality.

Well, to be fair to the idiot randy doctor, Dicte did guide his hand to where she wanted it and what she wanted him to do with it.:blush: Though I agree that the doctor was a complete fool to let it go as far as that - after all, she could've been a sociopathic nutjob who gets a kick out of getting men into trouble, and she has a semi-stupid male cop half in love with her who will be more than willing to believe her nutjob lies that she was sexually assaulted by dumb-fool doctor.

You see, this is another reason I find this drama so irritatingly stupid.:kitty:
  • Options
    BosoxBosox Posts: 14,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So I had the last episode on in the background while I was on the internet reading about the Brexit fallout. I think I must have read about a third of the subtitles in total and I don't think I missed any key plot in so doing. This show is padded out beyond belief.
  • Options
    GoobyGooby Posts: 1,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is my guilty pleasure. It is so lightweight but I must admit it makes me laugh. Dict is such a cowbag though. She spends all her time relying on her friends for support but then sods off all the time when they have arranged to meet up. Then has a right go at Anne for sleeping with her Ex but then promptly sleeps with Bo who had just announced he was going back to his wife.
    I like to watch it just to be outraged by her behaviour :)
    Has the series finished now then???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One more and there's a second series but no idea if/when it'll be shown.
  • Options
    ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,114
    Forum Member
    Straker wrote: »

I clicked on your link and read it as 'Dragonborn feat Jacob Bellend' :o:blush: That's me and my warped brain for you :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Filthy swine!

Fun fact - Iben was offered the role of Éowyn in the Lord of the Rings film trilogy but turned it down!
  • Options
    Surf's UpSurf's Up Posts: 2,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Aarhus is a very, very, very fine hus..."

It's OK, the characters are all likeable but the plots are getting thinner and thinner. How on earth did she not guess what was behind the young prisoner's interest in her?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More4 showing series 2 in 2017.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As foreign dramas go it wasn't bad. It makes a lot of difference if there's a few likeable characters and you actually care a bit what happens to them.
  • Options
    suesuesuesuesuesue Posts: 16,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Overall I enjoyed it. Couple of questions. Do we know why peters fingerprints were in the salon? Did he plant the bomb? And did they target the ex-wife when it was Villy they were supposed to be after?
  • Options
    Surf's UpSurf's Up Posts: 2,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It got even soapier by the end. I know all about suspension of disbelief, but the extent to which she was allowed to wander into private premises unchallenged just because the plot required it got ridiculous. I still quite enjoyed it.
    Ms Olsen must have been the target of the bomb and was presumably being tailed by Miriam who was just carrying it when it went off. The only way I can make sense of it is if Peter thought the pledge was only to take revenge on Villy, but Cato and Miriam wanted to kill Olsen too for having failed to protect them.
  • Options
    tartan-belletartan-belle Posts: 14,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Robert Peston lookalike was in Borgen as Troels Hoxenhaven. He looks better here.

I've only just caught up with it all. It's definitely soapy and a bit too long.

I have read the author's translated books which feature the character of Peter Boutrup so for me it was interesting to see him turn up.
  • Options
    mb@2daymb@2day Posts: 10,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As foreign dramas go it wasn't bad. It makes a lot of difference if there's a few likeable characters and you actually care a bit what happens to them.

I watched the last but one episode with her son and it took me 4 attempts to get through the show. Hard dreary work to watch and not so entertaining the cops came across as increasingly stupid and not on the case. Dickter once again was their chief investigator even though the rest of her life stays being so chaotic.

The scenes with her son throwing a strop as he can't get her kidney was laughable and not too credible. He might always be the lucky recepient if she suddenly pegs out.

Also the closing scene where she rapidly gets it on with the photographer, that made up missing their previous date i suppose.

The only thing it made me think of was a possible witty exchange on the show.
    Have you met the new crime reporter ? Dicte ? No not yet but she looks the type who'll let you after a few drinks.
  • Options
    elfcurryelfcurry Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's all this about kidneys? I don't remember that!

Maybe I missed one. Overall I still thought it worth watching.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elfcurry wrote: »

Maybe I missed one.
    Or several! It was a major plot thread.

Peter tracing her because his biological mother would give the best chance of a match. Him saying that the only reason he organised the meeting with her was so that he could ask for one of her kidneys. Scenes of him in hospital having regular dialysis.

Dicte having tests to see if she was a suitable donor and being told that they could provide a get-out false diagnosis for those who would otherwise feel guilty about refusing, Peter's strop because he knew about this, but not that she genuinely couldn't donate because of her high blood pressure.

My goodness - you missed a lot! :)
  • Options
    suesuesuesuesuesue Posts: 16,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elfcurry wrote: »

Maybe I missed one. Overall I still thought it worth watching.
    The reason Peter made contact was because he was on dialysis and needed a kidney. If she was his mother (I don't think any proof/DNA was mentioned) then she might have been a good match. She had tests but was advised against donating as she had high blood pressure :confused::confused: probably caused by all that running about pinching evidence from coppers desks. Seemed a weird reason; surely the medics could get blood pressure under control. Anyway, got her off the hook and conveniently a suitable kidney was found elsewhere. He was up and about in no time at all. :cool: happy ending :D
  • Options
    retireeretiree Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Who composed the incidental music played during the quieter, sadder scenes?

It sounds very similar to some bits of Thomas Newman's music for "Meet Joe Black" - but presumably isn't by him.
  • Options
    AKFEAKFE Posts: 6,879
    Forum Member
    I see Dicte Series 3 is coming to More4 "this summer" (no actual date yet). Have we only had two series of it so far or is this a repeat showing?