one foot in the grave least likeable charcter

danh19danh19 Posts: 54
Forum Member
I was wondering who you think is the least likeable character for me it would have to be Margaret because I found most of the time victor had a good reason to be mad and want revenge on someone yet Margaret would all ways moan at him like he was wrong to be pissed off i generally preferred her in the earlier seasons where she was less moany only really getting irritated with him when it made sense

Comments

• stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Mr. Swainey got on my nerves.
  • zackai48zackai48 Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    danh19 wrote: »
    I was wondering who you think is the least likeable character for me it would have to be Margaret because I found most of the time victor had a good reason to be mad and want revenge on someone yet Margaret would all ways moan at him like he was wrong to be pissed off i generally preferred her in the earlier seasons where she was less moany only really getting irritated with him when it made sense

I liked Margaret, but couldn't stand the neighbour Patrick- though I thought Pippa was okay.
  • danh19danh19 Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    I have to agree that Patrick was a bit of a arsehole to victor when but he was sort of meant to be a character you wouldn't necessarily like but Margaret was meant to be a character to like and talking about Patrick you could argue pippa was worse she was meant to be less childish than him yet helped him shoot victor's gnomes
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked them all. Even the interfering next door neighbour. :p
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    If you are talking regular characters (And there aren't many) then you probably have to say Patrick. If anyone in it at any time then definitely those who ran the old folks home and the woman who killed Victor
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,478
    Forum Member
    danh19 wrote: »

I'll play devil's advocate and say - Victor. Rude, bad-tempered, ill-mannered, intolerant old scrote!
  • danh19danh19 Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    I can actually understand where victor's coming from half the time his standing up against ********s rather than starting on people needlessly and when he did like with that young mother in the Christmas episode he felt guilty
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually Victor wasn't a bad person. He just got frustrated with things going wrong.
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    CELT1987 wrote: »
    Actually Victor wasn't a bad person. He just got frustrated with things going wrong.

He on occasions was in the wrong though, The video shop episode it isn't the lady's fault people put the videos in the wrong place, He was also slightly cruel to Mrs Warboys on occasion when as annoying she could be she was harmless
  • harrypalmerharrypalmer Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs Warboys was pretty irritating. Thick as a plank and Meldrew doesn't suffer fools gladly.
  • Jane_Lee3Jane_Lee3 Posts: 1,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't dislike any of them really, but Patrick was an insufferable snob who seemed to think he was above everyone, and seemed to dislike Victor, no matter what he did.

Still, he was quite funny.

Margaret was as miserable as Victor LOL! And apparently, the actress who played her was like that in real life. :D
  • Jason CJason C Posts: 31,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patrick, no question.
  • footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,170
    Forum Member
    Jason C wrote: »
    Patrick, no question.

Remember the scene where Patrick's dog wandered into Victor's house, the phone went and Victor picked the dog up by accident
  • culttvfanculttvfan Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason C wrote: »
    Patrick, no question.

Yes. A lot to do with Angus Deyton being a God awful actor. He delivered his lines as if he was reading the autocue on Have I Got News For You. More wooden than Hugh Grant on a bad day.
  • simongvs70simongvs70 Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The driver who ran over Victor.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    I think Margaret could a stroppy b*tch to Victor sometimes - generally he had a good reason for being sad, fed up and grumpy :p And sometimes she could just be plain nasty, I think there was one episode where she threw his Christmas dinner away :(
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    footygirl wrote: »
    Remember the scene where Patrick's dog wandered into Victor's house, the phone went and Victor picked the dog up by accident

4291! :D
    I think the joke was Patrick was a younger version of Victor :D
  • lovedoctor1978lovedoctor1978 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patrick was easily the best character! His expression when he was on the phone and asked for the fire brigade, only for them to smash the door down half a second later and ask "did someone here call us?" was priceless! :D
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like all six of the main characters. But objectively speaking, I guess Margaret was the least likeable, because she could be quite nasty to Victor on occasion (like when she told him how awful his sitcom script was). Whereas Victor is fundamentally a good person and wouldn't do anything to hurt Margaret. Like when he suspected Margaret's friend of stealing her jewellery, but allowed Margaret to think he'd accidentally thrown it out, so as to spare her feelings.
  • pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Victor was generally in the right. He just ended up on frustrating circumstances.
    I love Mrs Warboys. She's an absolute dick but a brilliant character. Remember the waxwork of her. Or the dog called nippy.
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's no wonder Margaret was the way she was, putting up with Mr. Grumpy all those years. :D It was such a good show, I don't think any of the regulars were unlikeable though. Their often-clashing personalities was what made the hilarity.
  • SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't think of any. They all had their place. I can't believe some are suggesting Patrick, he was meant to be someone who was too busy being baffled by his neighbour to see that he was slowly becoming the same kind of grumpy old man.
  • ArtfulDodger_ArtfulDodger_ Posts: 3,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    simongvs70 wrote: »
    The driver who ran over Victor.

I wonder if Margaret killed her?
  • Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,362
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    I think Margaret could a stroppy b*tch to Victor sometimes - generally he had a good reason for being sad, fed up and grumpy :p And sometimes she could just be plain nasty, I think there was one episode where she threw his Christmas dinner away :(

I agree. She was always shrieking at him. I think he was very patient with her.
  • skinjskinj Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Puppy. Waltzing in and pretending to be a phone. Such an arrogant little t-at.......