Kristina's Husband?

SparkleBabeSparkleBabe Posts: 17,065
Forum Member
✭✭
Is it true that Steffan's partner Kristina is married to former British men's figure skating champion Stephen Cousins?

I always wondered what happened to him, he was a very good skater. Probably the best British Skater since T & D. I seem to remember he came in fourth at the European Championships in about 95/96, only narrowly missing out on third place. He also reguarly came top ten at the Olympics and World Championships. All this was back in the day when the BBC actually showed Ice Skating outside of the Olympics, and his progress was always mentioned on the news.

He also used to train at Deeside Ice Rink in North Wales, where I used to go skating as did Marika Humphreys Sean's partner. I remember Stephen winning the British Championship and there were poster everywhere congratulating him.

Comments

• quelquechosequelquechose Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    Not sure but I remember s omeone saying right near the beginning that there was some connection
  • JazJaz Posts: 12,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is indeed !

Confirmed here
  • podge1podge1 Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    We were told Stephen was in the audience on Saturday night - surprised the cameras didn't pan in on him or, even better, phil could have spoken to him.
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    podge1 wrote:
    We were told Stephen was in the audience on Saturday night - surprised the cameras didn't pan in on him or, even better, phil could have spoken to him.

On DOI extra one of the judges said he spoke to him (Steven) over Xmas and he said he just wanted Kristina back in one piece after watching Stefan skate :eek:
  • SparkleBabeSparkleBabe Posts: 17,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe he will partner someone for the next series?

Wonder why Steven is teaching in America and not here in Blighty?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe he will partner someone for the next series?

Wonder why Steven is teaching in America and not here in Blighty?

There's probably more work for skaters in the States. Will there be another series then?
  • bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steven is touring doing shows with buytano hope he is in show next year he is fit
  • SparkleBabeSparkleBabe Posts: 17,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TH14 wrote:
    Will there be another series then?

I think its fair to say there will be. Its been a rare hit for ITV.
  • podge1podge1 Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    TH14 wrote:
    Will there be another series then?

Ask the Insurers!
  • alijalij Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    Lovely wedding photo of Steven and Kristina here

http://www.starsonice.com/images/dbimages/StevenKristinaWedding1.JPG
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    Lovely wedding photo

they are both even better looking now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stefs dad wrote:
    they are both even better looking now.

Did you get to meet them?

Hey stefs dad have you got any behind the scenes gossip for us? ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    This might already have been answered on here, but is there any relation to Robin?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    danra wrote:
    This might already have been answered on here, but is there any relation to Robin?

No relation at all :)
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    They are a good looking couple
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, I remember him!!! I didn't make the name connection!! They are a good looking couple. Kristina's so cute!!!! hehe!!

Phillip said on Defrosted on sat he'd ben chatting to him about Pam's accident.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    Did you get to meet them? Hey stefs dad have you got any behind the scenes gossip for us?

i was introduced to him and thanked him for lending his wife to stef but that's about all. very pleasant, nice smile.

re gossip: nothing really. not sure i'd want to risk the wrath of itv anyway! telly people are only nice if you don't upset them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stefs dad wrote:
    i was introduced to him and thanked him for lending his wife to stef but that's about all. very pleasant, nice smile.

re gossip: nothing really. not sure i'd want to risk the wrath of itv anyway! telly people are only nice if you don't upset them.

Ah no probs, worth a try though :) Any news on how next Sat's routine is coming on? I'm concerned that the fast pace of the song will lead to a fall :eek:
  • lil_miss_blondelil_miss_blonde Posts: 9,090
    Forum Member
    think they look lovely together :D everyone has been commenting on how beautiful kristina is on all the programmes and her hubby isnt bad either
  • lil_miss_blondelil_miss_blonde Posts: 9,090
    Forum Member
    stefs dad said
    i was introduced to him and thanked him for lending his wife to stef but that's about all. very pleasant, nice smile
    im assuming youve meet kristina aswel? is she as lovely as she seems on the shows? shes a very pretty girl.