Diane - Emmerdale

bwfcolbwfcol Posts: 13,690
Forum Member
✭✭
Gone for good?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    Don't think so. I think she is probably just taking an extended break as she has been at the forefront of storylines for quite a while - I expect she will be back shortly. Hope so as I can't stand Nicola and her running the pub would be a complete disaster.
  • Roscoe BarnesRoscoe Barnes Posts: 6,360
    Forum Member
    Could someone please briefly (if possible) explain the Diane storyline? I've missed Emmerdale for 9 months and was wondering exactly what happened as I've read in the Corrie ep threads its been compared to the Audrey/Lewis storyline.

Thanks. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,685
    Forum Member
    Could someone please briefly (if possible) explain the Diane storyline? I've missed Emmerdale for 9 months and was wondering exactly what happened as I've read in the Corrie ep threads its been compared to the Audrey/Lewis storyline.

Thanks. :)

Rodney's old mate Charlie came into the village and started a relationship with Diane. She fell head over heels with him, as did the whole village (except Doug), because he had loads of cash and was a smooth talker. He took Diane and Victoria to "his castle" in France while it was being done up, and he told Diane there that France was home to him, and he was going to move there when the building of the castle was done. Diane didn't want him to go so told him she loved him and they decided to go and live in France together. Charlie told her if they were going to move to France then they would do it properly, so he proposed to her and she said yes. Then he let on that he didn't have the money to finish the renovations in France, so Diane agreed that she would sell the Woolpack and put the money towards "their new home" in France. He wouldn't let her at first but she insisted. Then Rodney found out he was "terminally ill" with an inoperable brain tumour, which Rodney told Diane about, and she got worried and decided to sell the Woolpack fast so she and Charlie could live happily in France for as long as possible. Val, Diane's sis, threw her a going away party after she sold the pub to Jimmy and Nicola, and while they were there, Charlie told Diane he was going to tell his daughter about his "illness". So she let him go while she stayed at the party with everyone else. At this stage Diane had already, stupidly, transfered the money from the sale of the Woolpack to Charlie's account. When Charlie took off in a taxi to "see his daughter", he never came back the next day, which was the day they were leaving. Val and Diane tried to chase him down and went to France to the castle that Charlie supposedly owned but when they got there the actual owner told them he didn't know called Charlie and Diane realised she had been conned.

To answer the OP, she's not gone for good. She's in Spain with Victoria at the moment
  • Roscoe BarnesRoscoe Barnes Posts: 6,360
    Forum Member
    curlypubes wrote: »
    Rodney's old mate Charlie came into the village and started a relationship with Diane. She fell head over heels with him, as did the whole village (except Doug), because he had loads of cash and was a smooth talker. He took Diane and Victoria to "his castle" in France while it was being done up, and he told Diane there that France was home to him, and he was going to move there when the building of the castle was done. Diane didn't want him to go so told him she loved him and they decided to go and live in France together. Charlie told her if they were going to move to France then they would do it properly, so he proposed to her and she said yes. Then he let on that he didn't have the money to finish the renovations in France, so Diane agreed that she would sell the Woolpack and put the money towards "their new home" in France. He wouldn't let her at first but she insisted. Then Rodney found out he was "terminally ill" with an inoperable brain tumour, which Rodney told Diane about, and she got worried and decided to sell the Woolpack fast so she and Charlie could live happily in France for as long as possible. Val, Diane's sis, threw her a going away party after she sold the pub to Jimmy and Nicola, and while they were there, Charlie told Diane he was going to tell his daughter about his "illness". So she let him go while she stayed at the party with everyone else. At this stage Diane had already, stupidly, transfered the money from the sale of the Woolpack to Charlie's account. When Charlie took off in a taxi to "see his daughter", he never came back the next day, which was the day they were leaving. Val and Diane tried to chase him down and went to France to the castle that Charlie supposedly owned but when they got there the actual owner told them he didn't know called Charlie and Diane realised she had been conned.

To answer the OP, she's not gone for good. She's in Spain with Victoria at the moment

Thanks for the very detailed answer. Fills in a few voids. Sounded like a good storyline. Poor Diane. Left with nothing at all.
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the very detailed answer. Fills in a few voids. Sounded like a good storyline. Poor Diane. Left with nothing at all.

It was a really good storyline. They left us guessing til the end as to whether Charlie was a conman or not. And this story was done before the Corrie one.
    She has a few mates around the village which I'm sure will help her, plus her sister owns a B&B. So I'm sure she'll be grand
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 494
    Forum Member
    I'm guessing she and Victoria will be back within a couple of weeks or so. Hopefully she'll have found a solution where she won't have to sell the pub, Nicola will run it into the ground.
  • deano0501deano0501 Posts: 1,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect there'll be a confrontation in Spain first before she comes home.

A scene a couple of weeks ago, showed Charlie conning another woman in a similar style as he did with Diane, with the pretend bag theft, and he mentioned something about a villa. Which they have in Spain, not chateaux like France.
  • tobykimtobykim Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they were in Italy
  • ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    curlypubes wrote: »
    It was a really good storyline. They left us guessing til the end as to whether Charlie was a conman or not. And this story was done before the Corrie one.
    She has a few mates around the village which I'm sure will help her, plus her sister owns a B&B. So I'm sure she'll be grand

What's Corrie got to do with it?
    And.. i think you'll find, the Corrie one was different.. Lewis DID love Audrey(I've not seen tonights so maybe this has changed) but he didn't con her, just conned the bookies to get some quick cash, and also, Corrie started theres first, but they would of both been in production at the same time.

That's like saying, Emmerdale copied Corrie with the baby swap storyline.

{Rant Over}
    Forum Member
    ::Adam:: wrote: »
    What's Corrie got to do with it?
    And.. i think you'll find, the Corrie one was different.. Lewis DID love Audrey(I've not seen tonights so maybe this has changed) but he didn't con her, just conned the bookies to get some quick cash, and also, Corrie started theres first, but they would of both been in production at the same time.

That's like saying, Emmerdale copied Corrie with the baby swap storyline.

{Rant Over}

I wasn't having a go at corrie. The OP said they heard it was like the corrie one. Relax.