Options

Is it time to axe Eileen? (corrie)

Comments

• Options
    Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has transformed into a nagging, clingy, obsessive woman.

She always seemed so happy before. She's happier without a man!
  • Options
    MarleyBMarleyB Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eileen's a right milf, who would I look at if she wasn't there such a yummy mummy so is Gail
  • Options
    TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem for me is they've established that she can be a right, obnoxious, selfish arsehole when she has a mind to be, so it's quite hard to warm to her when she's got difficulties.
  • Options
    BellaroooBellarooo Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No she shouldn't be axed.
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eileen was ideal as a 'Mum' 'friend', 'neighbour', 'taxi cab phone lady', but the writing they have given her since she was paired with Paul is atrocious. Her paranoid behaviour every time he goes to work is ridiculous and a lot of people who liked her character, or at least tolerated it, are now wishing her gone. This is very bad writing, and very sad.
  • Options
    Menime123Menime123 Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eileen was very much stuck in a rut when Paul came along. Just because she's actually had a storyline that some dislike doesn't mean she should be axed. You need characters like Eileen to fill up the street - not everyone can be front and centre all of the time, so you need these 'secondary' characters that simply want to live in the one place and get on with life.

I like Eileen. She's not a central character to the show in that she as lots of storylines, but I like her friendship with Steve, she works well a Street Cars, and interacts well with other characters. Personally I think she needs a best friend and not another man. I think her and Stella could get on quite well actually.
  • Options
    Little LeighLittle Leigh Posts: 939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Menime123 wrote: »
    Eileen was very much stuck in a rut when Paul came along. Just because she's actually had a storyline that some dislike doesn't mean she should be axed. You need characters like Eileen to fill up the street - not everyone can be front and centre all of the time, so you need these 'secondary' characters that simply want to live in the one place and get on with life.

I like Eileen. She's not a central character to the show in that she as lots of storylines, but I like her friendship with Steve, she works well a Street Cars, and interacts well with other characters. Personally I think she needs a best friend and not another man. I think her and Stella could get on quite well actually.

I totally agree. I really didn't like her being taken out of the cab office and put in the factory, as I always loved her friendship with Steve. I would like to see her get back to the 'old' Eileen before they made her horrible. It would be great if maybe she got diagnosed with depression, which turned out to be the reason behind her change of character. They could have a humorous look at her ways of treating it (like exercising more, possibly jogging with Lloyd and Steve). Also, as Ken's out for the foreseeable it would be nice to see her get some more social scenes with Deirdre too.
  • Options
    Corrie2010Corrie2010 Posts: 1,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They would never axe her, unless she chose to depart
    I think shes a good background character, and should not be given heavy, long running storylines because he level of acting is pretty standard
    And yes, she is a boring character
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Corrie2010 wrote: »
    They would never axe her, unless she chose to depart
    I think shes a good background character, and should not be given heavy, long running storylines because he level of acting is pretty standard
    And yes, she is a boring character

me and mo mouse absolutley loathe her :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    me and mo mouse absolutley loathe her :D

I dont know where i stand with Eileen, but i also am not her biggest fan Orangemaid
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont know where i stand with Eileen, but i also am not her biggest fan Orangemaid

not Leanne's biggest fan :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MarleyB wrote: »
    not Leanne's biggest fan :p

Too right, i was banned recently for no reason, but im also guessing that Andrea person was too, hopefully:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Too right, i was banned recently for no reason, but im also guessing that Andrea person was too, hopefully:D

nice mate nice, It's a laugh also I was banned same time as Dorothy cow and I don't think she's ever came back since I wonder who it was hmm? :p
  • Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    Horrible Eileen has no redeeming features. The only thing that interests me about her is this curious relationship with her son who seems to sneak up behind her when she's cooking and grab her or tries to steal a biscuit and she playfully smacks his fingers. He kisses her when he goes out to work and does it again at lunchtime. A very curious relationship which I would love to see developed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    Horrible Eileen has no redeeming features. The only thing that interests me about her is this curious relationship with her son who seems to sneak up behind her when she's cooking and grab her or tries to steal a biscuit and she playfully smacks his fingers. He kisses her when he goes out to work and does it again at lunchtime. A very curious relationship which I would love to see developed.

Eileen is rough man, still reckon she'd be better in the sack then paul though
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    I took a dislike to her and Fireman Tinymeat when they were snogging each other just inches away from his poor, demented wife. Vile and disgusting way to behave towards a vulnerable person.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I took a dislike to her and Fireman Tinymeat when they were snogging each other just inches away from his poor, demented wife. Vile and disgusting way to behave towards a vulnerable person.

yeah it was so dirty how they couldnt even wait until she was gone literally a 3-way and the wife didnt even realise
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nice mate nice, It's a laugh also I was banned same time as Dorothy cow and I don't think she's ever came back since I wonder who it was hmm? :p
    Spoiler Alert
    Dorothy will be back for revenge :D

Btw, how ironic was it after asking you about what happens when you get banned, i got banned straight after
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spoiler Alert
    Dorothy will be back for revenge :D

Btw, how ironic was it after asking you about what happens when you get banned, i got banned straight after

i know right man, did you and andrea get heated again??? :p

& I hope she don't, got attacked by those two from more angles then Leanne's wonky eye
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    who's Dorothy ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    who's Dorothy ?

some obnoxious worm I got banned with :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    some obnoxious worm I got banned with :p

Haha!, very true
  • Options
    NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eileen isn't a nice person. She treated her last boyfriend badly and made fun of his job. Then she stole from Owen, and then attempted to blackmail him because he threatened to go to the police. She and Paul had an affair while his sick wife was still alive and sitting in the same room as them, and she indirectly killed Lesley. Then she accused Tyrone of attacking Kirsty and was horrible to him, but somehow went deaf when Kirsty was having a carry on next door.

Not a very pleasant person.
  • Options
    Major ChudleyMajor Chudley Posts: 4,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eileen, Steve and Lloyd are comedy gold and its such a shame that they have destroyed her character. I loved her battles with Gail. Unless they ditch Paul sharpish, I can't see a way forward.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i know right man, did you and andrea get heated again??? :p

& I hope she don't, got attacked by those two from more angles then Leanne's wonky eye

Im sure we had another heated argument after the first one...
    How long have you known her, and is she always as feisty as Leanne-wonky eye-tilsly/barlow/battersby or what ever shes calling herself this week

#carla quote