Jeremy Forrest guilty of child abduction

Comments

• MoonyMoony Posts: 15,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cryolemon wrote: »
    Accusing someone of being a paedophile without evidence is libel.

I'd just hit the report button. This forum would be a better place without those types of unfounded allegations/accusations.
  • nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This forum would be rather empty if we all did that.
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    Moony wrote: »
    I'd just hit the report button. This forum would be a better place without those types of unfounded allegations/accusations.

I'd only report it if it was aimed at me.
  • Galaxy266Galaxy266 Posts: 7,049
    Forum Member
    Jakobjoe wrote: »
    now the papers say they are gonna get married. .maybe they can sell their story and make some cash as well to set them up when he gets out ...if they make a go of it then good luck to them

I think a film could be made of their story!
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    nanscombe wrote: »
    This forum would be rather empty if we all did that.

This thread certainly would be.
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Galaxy266 wrote: »
    I think a film could be made of their story!

Yeah an educational one to be shown to all young girls pointing out the pitfalls and signs of a predatory male:)
  • Nessun DormaNessun Dorma Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    academia wrote: »
    I agree. The police are investigating information that during the trial there was communication between Forrest and the girl via a third party. That was when she started taking the blameand full responsibilty for everything that happened. Since she was only 13 when she first received his attentions, the whole notion that he is a helpless puppet in her hands is ludicrous.
    There is no escaping the fact that when men go after children, it is ALWAYS their fault.

LOL She seems to be getting younger and younger whenever we hear the age about when he started "grooming" her. I wonder how long it will be before the Daily Heil, or the Sun, start telling us he started grooming her mother when they were both at primary school. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL She seems to be getting younger and younger whenever we hear the age about when he started "grooming" her. I wonder how long it will be before the Daily Heil, or the Sun, start telling us he started grooming her mother when they were both at primary school. :rolleyes:

It was the Judge who said 13 so Im kinda inclined to believe him:)
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just hope that no pressure is put on her by him or his family to wait for him. Most of us wouldn't care to see our daughters wasting what ought to be wonderful years of their lives languishing in wait for a middle aged man with no money or prospects and a serious criminal record.

Oh, I wouldn't be surprised for them to get married - there will be a certain amount of 'sticking it to the man'-ness going on.

It how they will fare after the spotlight turns onto the next story and they are left living on whatever wage an 18/19 year old college leaver brings in while a mid-30's, banned from his profession, jailed for sex offences man tries to find a job of any description.

That will be the big test.

Juliet never had to wash Romeo's socks.
    Elizabeth had staff to cook Mr Darcy's dinner.
  • hickenhicken Posts: 4,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    It was the Judge who said 13 so Im kinda inclined to believe him:)

The judge's summing up is his/her judgement, so still an opinion, it's not passed down from God. In this case, I agree with most of it but not all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    Urgh - this post makes me feel queasy.

Could you *get* more creepy?

Agreed. Fair made my skin crawl.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hicken wrote: »
    The judge's summing up is his/her judgement, so still an opinion, it's not passed down from God. In this case, I agree with most of it but not all.

So the judge thought of a random age without any evidence:eek: What is the legal system coming to.? Judges come to an opinion based on facts:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think some look at his like an old fashioned love story that the authorities have trampled on, rather than looking at the facts, and the Judges statement is certainly worthy of reading.

Exactly.

Some people spout off seriously dodgy opinions about this with no regard for the actual facts.
  • lola_skyelola_skye Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even though she's 16, she still has to obtain both parents permission if she wants to marry him before 18.

what amazes me is that his wife still loves him
    Why?
    The man is a rat who cares about. getting his kicks. Even if the girl was old enough, I'd say this
  • hickenhicken Posts: 4,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    So the judge thought of a random age without any evidence:eek: What is the legal system coming to.? Judges come to an opinion based on facts:)

I was making a more general point, not disputing that particular one. I've heard plenty of judges' utterly damning 'summings up' in cases which have later been been overturned. I don't think they're to be swallowed whole without question.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hicken wrote: »
    I was making a more general point, not disputing that particular one. I've heard plenty of judges' utterly damning 'summings up' in cases which have later been been overturned. I don't think they're to be swallowed whole without question.

A judge will sum up based on the evidence presented. A case may well be overturned but its usually because of new evidence.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed. Fair made my skin crawl.

And I bet you don't mean the bit which says ...
    Who would want to date a woman who watches every move you make, or questions every word you say, just looking for a reason to put you down.

A woman like would certainly start ringing alarm bells for me. As to the other bit they were probably just as trusting and innocent before life made them hardened, suspicious and cynical.

I wouldn't feel comfortable in a relationship with someone who didn't trust me. And no, that doesn't imply they would have to be of school age.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And I bet you don't mean the bit which says ...

A woman like would certainly start ringing alarm bells for me. As to the other bit they were probably just as trusting and innocent before life made them hardened, suspicious and cynical.

I wouldn't feel comfortable in a relationship with someone who didn't trust me. And no, that doesn't imply they would have to be of school age.

Most women aren't like that, though, and so there would be absolutely no need to look at teenagers instead.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most women aren't like that, though, and so there would be absolutely no need to look at teenagers instead.

I didn't actually say that there was a need.

Since my post is being viewed out of context, lets give it some.

==============================

Reposted 1499
    This thread has highlighted to me just how many paedophiles there are out there! They can dress it up all they like and bang on about consent etc but the fact remains........age 16 is the age of consent, if you have sex with someone under the age of consent and you are an adult then you are a paedophile pure and simple. I fear for the future with all the excusers on here <shudders>
    Yes, I felt the need to repost

Post 1520
    I kind of want to point out how you're completely wrong, but am fearful of being labelled an excuser and thus a paedophile. I guess that's a good tactic you've got there.

Post 1521
    It could also highlight that one of the attractions of a young girl is that she has not yet had time to become life hardened, suspicious and cynical.

Who would want to date a woman who watches every move you make, or questions every word you say, just looking for a reason to put you down.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having read her fathers thoughts, I can see where she gets her gullibility. He sounds very simple minded.

And/or he had a poor relationship with her (which would fit as paedos usually look to groom damaged teenagers) and he;s using this situation to try and get back in her good books. She's a celeb now after all...
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    Having read her fathers thoughts, I can see where she gets her gullibility. He sounds very simple minded.

And/or he had a poor relationship with her (which would fit as paedos usually look to groom damaged teenagers) and he;s using this situation to try and get back in her good books. She's a celeb now after all...

Yes, it seems like she had a poor relationship with both parents. Easy prey for Jeremy. He's a disgrace of a "father". It's telling that she isn't living with either of her biological parents.
  • Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "if you have sex with someone under the age of 16 and you are an adult then you are a paedophile"

By this logic, if the paedophile then moves to a country where the age of consent is 15 rather than 16, they are no longer a paedophile

Ill-educated nonsense
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,252
    Forum Member
    Cryolemon wrote: »
    Or indeed a lesbian or gay couple?

What does that have to do with anything?
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    "if you have sex with someone under the age of 16 and you are an adult then you are a paedophile"

By this logic, if the paedophile then moves to a country where the age of consent is 15 rather than 16, they are no longer a paedophile

Ill-educated nonsense

Law and norms differ greatly from country to country. They also change over time. Does "child abuser" sound any better?