Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 2)

Comments

• indywindyw Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    malpasc wrote: »
    Thank goodness! I have found someone else who has the same pet hate as me! I hate anything with "all butter" printed on it, like you I think "if it was all butter then it would basically be a block of butter".

There's a market I sometimes use, and one of the stalls advertises their butter as "all-butter butter" :D
  • littlemadangellittlemadangel Posts: 4,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When the bus is packed and people still insist on placing their bag/coat etc on the seat next to them, preventing a person from getting a seat.

Roadworks resulting in traffic jams and the nearest bus stop being non operational for four weeks.
  • ChickenWingsChickenWings Posts: 2,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    owlie81 wrote: »
    Oh yes I know it's so annoying !!

I've got a colleauge who quizzes me after each weekend - 'Done anything nice over the weekend? I give a brief answer and they want more info. 'Oh yes anything else?', 'So just that was it?' Yes. I'm thinking can't you just accept the first answer I gave?

Then every friday they start with 'Got any plans for the weekend?' I feel like saying I don't know maybe go on a BNP march or sitting around my house in my PJs eating crap and watching telly, just to annoy them.

Thing is it's everry week, so some sunday nights I find myself thinking, I wonder if my weekend activities will pass muster with said colleague, sad I know :D

Also work colleagues who disapprove and pass comment on my food. What's it got to do with you? I'm not going to make you eat it! 'Oh that's too healthy, oh no not such and such, I hate that'. So I'm eating it not you so MYOB.

I have this the opposite way around but not with work colleagues.

"Oh, that's quite unhealthy, don't you care?"

I'm eating a 32 inch pizza and 4 tubs of ice cream. I had no idea that was unhealthy. Thanks for enlightening me!

And no, I don't care. That's why I am continuing to shove it in my big fat couch potatoey cake hole.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who have the UTTER gall to manufacture a thread title and have the AUDACITY to make next to NO effort to live up to it in the post. TOTAL insult to the person who has carried your title to make you look oh so clever. At least have the decency to respect that in your post.

BLOW ME!!:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear. Drewski is back.
  • jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member
    When the bus is packed and people still insist on placing their bag/coat etc on the seat next to them, preventing a person from getting a seat.
    It shouldn't really. Just needs a polite request to move it!
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    At work when i do the tea round

"Would you like any sugar or sweetner with that?"
    "Oh no love, im sweet enough!"
    *fake amusing laugh*

It doesnt sound that bad but multiply that by about 20 people, and theres a tea round every 3 hours. It wasnt that amusing the first time and now almost three years into the job it hasnt got anymore amusing!
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you offer a woman a piece of cake, or a biscuit or anything sweet, they say "No thanks, Im watching my figure...someone has to !! hahahahahaha" and you have to fake some kind of reaction :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    Job application forms that don't let you submit unless you've gave details of two work references. What if you've never had a job before (because nobody will take you on because you've no experience)?

Job application forms that don't let you submit unless you type in your current job and salary. What if you're unemployed?

Job sites that don't allow you to make your password unless it's got a capital letter AND a number in it, meaning you end up with so many different variations of your password for different websites and constantly have to get your details emailed to you!

Job sites that have about eight pages of an application form to fill in just to stack shelves or work behind a till.

Job sites that don't accept your CV because it's not in the right format. How can it not be in the right format if it's Wordpad/Microsoft Word?!

Travelling to a job interview, preparing for days about it, being told you'll be contacted about the outcome on a specific day and then not even being contacted at all.

Job vacancies that don't let you apply unless you actually visit the store and hand in your CV. Nope, posting your CV or submitting it online doesn't work, it HAS to be handed in to the store meaning you have to spend about £7 on public transport just to hand in a CV and come home.

Job vacancies that require experience just to clean floors or wash dishes.

Can you guess what annoys me intensely?

ALL of these, and the job application form that says "Why do you want to work for this company". The answer is "Because I haven't got a job !!" But you're not allowed to put that, are you ?? :mad:
  • rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    The fact that banks are open when I am at work in the week meaning I have to drag myself on an hour round trip on the bus on a Saturday when I feel like crap to deposit a cheque I can't wait another week for.

And add to that the fact that the nationwide in the next town has closed meaning trips to the bank no longer take 15 minutes
  • dreadnoughtdreadnought Posts: 1,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fools who block off the entire section they are browsing in the supermarket by parking their shopping trolley along it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ALL of these, and the job application form that says "Why do you want to work for this company". The answer is "Because I haven't got a job !!" But you're not allowed to put that, are you ?? :mad:

HMV are the worst for that.

Why do you want to work here?
    How does this fit in with your career aspirations?
    Why should we hire you?
    How will you use your knowledge of music and film to help customers?
    What do you like to do in your spare time?
    How would your friends describe you?
    Give me an example of when you worked in a team.
    Give me an example of a difficult customer.
    What's your biggest achievement?

Then you have the three or four pages of "agreeing" and "disagreeing" with statements, the page filling in all your details, the equality form, typing in your qualifications and work experience, the references etc and then they don't bother to email you back! :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fools who block off the entire section they are browsing in the supermarket by parking their shopping trolley along it.

When you are pushing your trolley along and the people in front of you are wandering aimlessly from side to side.
    People who stop dead in front of you
    :mad:
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I hate it when people ask me to move my bag so they can sit next to me on the bus. :p

Actually, the only time I object is when people are wearing far too much perfume / after shave (often first thing in the morning).

This bloke sat next to me the other day and God knows what the hell he'd lathered himself with. It was choking me. Must have been Paco Rabanne Mustard Gas or something. I nearly asked him if he realised that chemical weapons were outlawed.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^he was probably American (they haven't signed the "we won't use chemical weapons" list)
  • Angela FAngela F Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or people who say "Hey" instead of Hello. :mad:

I hate it when people say "Cheers" instead of "Thank you".
  • Finny SkeletaFinny Skeleta Posts: 2,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've been offered two jobs in the past after answering the "why do you want to work here" question with "because I need the money".

My experience on both sides of the table in job interviews has made me realise that there is no such thing as a "proper" way to act in an interview. Some interviewers will appreciate the honesty and others won't; it's all pot luck as to which one you will get and you can't really second guess them.
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who don't get something they ordered on Amazon and, rather than get Amazon to investigate it, leave the item a 1-star review.
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    People who don't get something they ordered on Amazon and, rather than get Amazon to investigate it, leave the item a 1-star review.

Yes I agree that user reviews can be very misleading.

I have bought several computer games which are 4-5 star quality but are only ranked 3-star in aggregate user reviews because loads of people give them 1-star reviews because of issues like DRM, which has nothing to do with the game as a playing experience.
  • ChickenWingsChickenWings Posts: 2,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who (attempt) to get on a high horse because they (apparently) don't judge people based on appearances.

Fair enough. How many times have you sucked off Paul Potts, again?

Everybody judges someone based on appearances at some point. Doing so isn't immature - denying it is, though (and no matter how much you wish yourself naive, it doesn't wash!).
  • Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The use of 'it's' when 'its' is required e.g. "The tree shook it's branches".

If it was confined to internet forums, it wouldn't annoy me so much. But it crops up with alarming regularity in print.

I know it's an exception in the English language and it makes no sense. It just grinds my gears for some reason.
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    People who don't even bother to reply ( in text, emails etc. )

People who ignore you/make you feel insignificant

Overly affectionate couples in public, Morrissey said it best - 'Two lovers entwined pass me by, and heaven knows I'm miserable now'

Noisy foxes in my street

When I start a thread and no one bothers to read it yet stupid 'shocking' perverted threads get posted and people read/respond to them.

Fickle friends/rude people

When you find an item you love online (which sold out online) and go in the shop and they don't sell it D:

I'm in a grumpy mood today.
  • ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    Just failing to be the 1000th poster in a thread :mad:
  • Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    acker wrote: »
    Just failing to be the 1000th poster in a thread :mad:
    Ba Ding! :D
  • ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member