Coach Trip 2013./2014

Comments

• Options
    MutterMutter Posts: 3,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quote:

Originally Posted by belmontbabe

"Zac and Ravinder voted off....racism. It was unfortunate they both had rather strong accents which perhaps made them the butt of off screen jokes."

" Ignorant racist little Englanders.
    Spot on. I thought the same too. Roy kept saying how they don't mix with their sort. "
    WanderinWonder
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Sorry for the mess up as I didn't know how to quote both posts.

I didn't see many episodes but did see Z&R voted off. I thought it more a case of inverted snobbery than racism but I may have missed some. Sometimes the passengers act like a pack or herd and if a new arrival doesn't fit the mould, they are kicked out.

That's another problem now with CT. There used to be such a diverse mix of passengers, now they adhere to the general formula for reality shows. Thick and theatrical gay. Wouldn't surprise me in the least to learn that there is central casting for reality TV providing the above.

I also want to see what they choose to eat and maybe even what the hotel is like? Let the viewers see which passengers speak to one another and who is shunned. When they go out for the evening, is everyone included? They say in the voting "I haven't spoken to you" so let us see why?

I bet Z&R were shunned as being "Stuck up."

Remember the guy many series ago who wouldn't eat anything but chips and the horrible raw meat stuff on toast? May have been Belgium, they were sitting outside if I recall. Very funny but all that has now gone. Partly due to recaps which has made the programme about 15 minutes long.

I love the jungle and celeb BB, but what I like more than tasks is just observing people and listening to them. The interaction has gone from CT, replaced with daft activities as in the other two programmes I mentioned and two activities per programme is one too many.
  • Options
    SmoothySmoothy Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    After lurking a while, decided to post about this series.

Gutted that it's over so soon but no surprise seeing as it runs every day. Maybe they should show only two a week - to stretch it out a bit? But no real complaints about the schedule.

Personally I liked the mix of people on this series. The Mackems were great entertainment, Roy was funny (despite what others on this thread may think), didn't like the gay couple much because they seem obsessed with the vote every single evening (but otherwise they were alright to be honest) and hated Penelope (the one who turned psycho and slammed the door in Brendan's face twice - that WAS Penelope, yes?). I liked Noreen so it was a surprise to see her suddenly go a bit mental and want to leave twice. I liked Nicole too - she was great.

But this is how I like the series to be. To be honest I would hate it if everyone got along well, it'd be totally boring. I also would hate it if there was people who was clearly offensive, unpleasant and dominating that ended up being there the entire series (like a few series ago with the woman who somehow would "see off" any new couple that joined). This was a great balance.

My fave was the Mackem girls though. I couldn't believe some of the stuff they didn't know, shocking, but recalling the whole series they really were by far the nicest couple there.

So all in all, I think this was a successful series. Roll on the next one!
  • Options
    flyonthewallflyonthewall Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, it was slightly different to previous offerings, although there was an obvious alliance towards the end. Good series as usual.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The last episode still isn't on 4od.:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't even know what a Mackem was until recently. Maybe I'm the thick one.
  • Options
    LuxrayLuxray Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The last episode still isn't on 4od.:confused:

Yeah I want to watch it as I missed it but can't find it anywhere online! >:(
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Luxray wrote: »
    Yeah I want to watch it as I missed it but can't find it anywhere online! >:(

4Seven are interestingly repeating that last week of Coach Trip at 4.30pm every day.....except the very last day when they travel home! That episode seems to have disappeared totally from any repeats they've been showing....
  • Options
    HectorMcClureHectorMcClure Posts: 1,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone said the final episode was on more4 on Saturday. I can't find it on 4od. :confused:
  • Options
    RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4Seven are interestingly repeating that last week of Coach Trip at 4.30pm every day.....except the very last day when they travel home! That episode seems to have disappeared totally from any repeats they've been showing....

Last Thursday at the end, the narrater said that the day after (Friday) would be the last show. However, the Paralympics were on in the Coach Trip slot when I checked the Virgin Media EPG.

AFAIK this episode, therefore, has not been shown on Channel 4 and may be the reason why 4OD and More 4 can't show it (contractual clauses often say that a programme must be shown on the flagship and/or a linear channel first).

Maybe they thought that as the winner had been announced, they could easily displace the last 'tidy up' episode in favour of a live event.

Will we ever see this episode????????
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone said the final episode was on more4 on Saturday. I can't find it on 4od. :confused:

It was definitely on tv on Saturday, following the repeats of the previous days.

It seems that last episode, because it wasnt shown on the Friday, has disappeared into nowhere!
  • Options
    HectorMcClureHectorMcClure Posts: 1,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smoothy wrote: »
    My fave was the Mackem girls though. I couldn't believe some of the stuff they didn't know, shocking, but recalling the whole series they really were by far the nicest couple there.

All for attention seeking purposes. Young girls playing the dumb card seems to be a common trend on reality tv shows. Jade started it all those years ago and many have followed. I don't believe for a second they are that uneducated.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All for attention seeking purposes. Young girls playing the dumb card seems to be a common trend on reality tv shows. Jade started it all those years ago and many have followed. I don't believe for a second they are that uneducated.

Emily isn't that stupid, she works at a dentist.

It was clear to me they were putting the dumb act on, when it came to vote time and they challenged Kevin and Steve in the earlier part of the series.
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't muster enough enthusiasm for this series to watch the final episode. While I didn't "hate" anyone, I didn't particularly like any of the coachees either. Partly, I think, it's the fault of the editing; way too much emphasis is on the so-called activities. What hooked me into the series originally was seeing the different places they visited; couldn't we please go back to the days when the activities mostly consisted of seeing the town they were in? Also, the whole activity thing has become a competition. Coachees harp on about who participated and who didn't, regardless of their physical capabilities. Is that really what makes a good travelling companion? I'm not sure that it is.

I used to love this programme, but if this is how it's going to continue I'm not sure I'll bother to watch any more. I'd like to see more natural interaction between the coachees so that we know a bit more about their personalities, and less staged activities - especially some of the really pathetic ones that were foisted on us this time around! As others have pointed out, something needs to be done about the alliances that are formed. It was obvious from the beginning that either the dumb girls were going to win or the neurotic boys. No more picking off the newbies please!

I liked it when we saw something of the places they visited. Now they go somewhere like Nice and we don't see anything of it, just the coachees playing tennis.

The actiivites are the downfall of many a coachee. Rav was a victim of the archery activity. First day on the coach and he has the audacity to win the archery. The Neanderthal men on the coach must has felt emasculated and mugged off. Then at the Alhambra Palace he is actually interested. Cultured and good at sport? Vote him off.
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emily isn't that stupid, she works at a dentist.

It was clear to me they were putting the dumb act on, when it came to vote time and they challenged Kevin and Steve in the earlier part of the series.

It is clear it was put on. They thought it was funny. Sometimes it was but most of the time it was embarrassing. Thick Brits abroad, what's funny about that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They did annoy me, but i can think of worse people to travel with. Mark and Kelly anyone?
  • Options
    Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was definitely on tv on Saturday, following the repeats of the previous days.

It seems that last episode, because it wasnt shown on the Friday, has disappeared into nowhere!

They did the same thing with Tarsier Tails when they failed to show Episode 8 – twice.
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last Thursday at the end, the narrater said that the day after (Friday) would be the last show. However, the Paralympics were on in the Coach Trip slot when I checked the Virgin Media EPG.

AFAIK this episode, therefore, has not been shown on Channel 4 and may be the reason why 4OD and More 4 can't show it (contractual clauses often say that a programme must be shown on the flagship and/or a linear channel first).

Maybe they thought that as the winner had been announced, they could easily displace the last 'tidy up' episode in favour of a live event.

Will we ever see this episode????????

I saw it on Saturday. Odd that it's not on 4oD.
  • Options
    Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seen that Episode 30 was on More 4 on Saturday.

Can’t find it anywhere else.
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The best bit about the last show to me was, after 6 weeks, they actually got roy dancing.

Never realised Brendan doesn't actually live in the UK
  • Options
    justatechjustatech Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The best bit about the last show to me was, after 6 weeks, they actually got roy dancing.

Well, he is international, you know!
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member

Malaga or thereabouts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    justatech wrote: »
    Well, he is international, you know!

I thought he done all this International Coach Trip rep thing, to impress the Coach Trippers, I didn't realise it was his actual job
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finally managed to catch up with all my recordings, and also read the whole thread back too.:)

I wasn't really bothered who won in the end, but was a little perplexed as to why the Sunderland sisters and their 'felt tips' won. But anyway, not too bothered.

Yes, thanks to the brains at C4HQ I also missed the last episode. Sky+ didn't record it as it was on a totally different channel. >:(

The highlight of the show for me was Brendan. His little 'rants' to camera make me laugh. Our 'International Tour Guide' got so stressed towards the end! :D

This thread has been better entertainment that the show itself. :cool: Roll on the next Coach Trip. I'd like them to pop over to Cyprus, but don't think the ferries run any more. I am sure Brendan could find a way. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Feel for Darren and James, who were also on the show since the beginning, and left with nothing.

Emily and Annabelle said on the final episode, they were gonna give there mum I think the ticket for the Coach Trip, as they couldn't imagine going on another one, without Brendan I think they said I could be wrong.

Maybe they could have been shown offering the boys the ticket
  • Options
    Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Took a squiz at the FB CT fan page and someone has put up a screen grab of a bloke called Paul appearing in a past episode of Pointless....says he's from this year's CT but although his face is familiar I don't recall a Paul in the series just ended...:confused:

Some people really like getting their mug out there on the TV - they must have the C4 'Be on a Show!' link bookmarked ;-)

Edit: I think 'Paul' is Elv...?