The John James Appreciation Thread (Part 14)

Comments

• augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    is it still only Wednesday?

its been a lovely sunny day, I spent most of it in the park, then home to help fix the fence panels in the garden, its a good job its easter next week, I can see loads of jobs I need to do in the garden.

Isnt it a shame about the latest plane crash, I wonder what on earth caused it?

And Jeremy Clarkson is nt having his contract renewed, so what is going to happen to the rest of this series? and what a complicated dilemma. I have been thinking that surely if someone apologises or pays a fine, or some other kind of recompense then they deserve some kind of forgiveness for the original offence? But what do I know?
  • nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    Morning all

Think I'm getting yet another cold/flu or something. Just what I don't need as I have a very busy April - another 'buddy' from US is coming over to the UK. Meeting him for lunch.

Well, I for one will NOT be watching TOP GEAR again. I think the whole thing has been handled badly and doesn't make the BBC look very good. Outcome may have been the same, but not the way BBC bumbled its way.

Anyone going to watch the reinternment of Richard III? Think that will be my excuse to go back to bed!!!!

Have a good day despite the rain.
    Forum Member
    nyannie wrote: »
    Morning all

Think I'm getting yet another cold/flu or something. Just what I don't need as I have a very busy April - another 'buddy' from US is coming over to the UK. Meeting him for lunch.

Well, I for one will NOT be watching TOP GEAR again. I think the whole thing has been handled badly and doesn't make the BBC look very good. Outcome may have been the same, but not the way BBC bumbled its way.

Anyone going to watch the reinternment of Richard III? Think that will be my excuse to go back to bed!!!!

there are far too many coughs and colds going around at the moment, hope you end up feeling ok.

They almost couldn't have handled the Top gear debarkle that much worse could they! I have a feeling most of the top gear fans wont be happy. what a way to destroy a successful show!

Im on holiday now...thank goodness for easter. now to think of some good inexpensive plans!! :-D
  • georgyporgygeorgyporgy Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    Morning all

oh no Nyannie ....... take care

as for top gear....... i agree with you, i think they have been looking for a reason to get rid of him for a while. I think thats the end now for top gear, i can't see the others staying on. :(
    Forum Member
    augusta92 wrote: »
    there are far too many coughs and colds going around at the moment, hope you end up feeling ok.

They almost couldn't have handled the Top gear debarkle that much worse could they! I have a feeling most of the top gear fans wont be happy. what a way to destroy a successful show!

Im on holiday now...thank goodness for easter. now to think of some good inexpensive plans!! :-D

enjoy .........
    rest......
    relax........
    have fun :p:D
    Forum Member
    Morning all.

How has everyone coped with Summer Time? I've only been up since 7 and I am pooped already!!!!

Windy and blustery here so I am going to tackle files - and maybe make some lovely sugar cookies.

Another friend from high school is coming to town so going to meet him for lunch.

Hope everyone is feeling fighting fit - and getting ready to watch Poldark (swoon. . . )
    Forum Member
    Morning all.

How has everyone coped with Summer Time? I've only been up since 7 and I am pooped already!!!!

Windy and blustery here so I am going to tackle files - and maybe make some lovely sugar cookies.

Another friend from high school is coming to town so going to meet him for lunch.

Hope everyone is feeling fighting fit - and getting ready to watch Poldark (swoon. . . )

Hi Nyannie,

i hate the changing of the clocks, i feel all out of sorts because of it...... lol

and the wind last night was scary, delayed hubbies plane and he hated the landing.

got the hair dresser coming today, need to do a food shop :D so lots on

my eldest son is also enjoying Poldark but i don't think he is swooning :D
    just enjoying the show :D

well i better be off, taking hubs to the fracture clinic also this morning so i better be of
    have a great day all :D
    Forum Member
    morning all

what has your hubs done georgy?

Its hard to get used to the changing of the clocks...Im full of cough and cold...not fun.

we had a lovely weekend away for my parents birthday, and I wanted to do all sorts of things this week, but im basically sitting on the sofa! :-(

never mind there is always next week!!
    Forum Member
    Hi Nyannie,

i hate the changing of the clocks, i feel all out of sorts because of it...... lol

and the wind last night was scary, delayed hubbies plane and he hated the landing.

got the hair dresser coming today, need to do a food shop :D so lots on

my eldest son is also enjoying Poldark but i don't think he is swooning :D
    just enjoying the show :D

well i better be off, taking hubs to the fracture clinic also this morning so i better be of
    have a great day all :D

Don't know about your son georgy, but I am certainly swooning over Poldark!

What on earth has your husband done georgy? Hope he can still look for Easter Eggs.

Having drinks with friends on Easter Saturday and then hope to spend the rest of the time reading. . .

Have a good Easter all - if I don't speak to you before!
    Forum Member
    so did anyone see any good april fools?

This page spends so long loading adverts, !!!! I want to write something and say hello :-(
    Forum Member
    is it settled down?

so how are you all, and I hope you all have a lovely easter as well. we are doing a big garage clear out....what fun but it will be nice when its done.....
    Forum Member
    morning all

what has your hubs done georgy?

Its hard to get used to the changing of the clocks...Im full of cough and cold...not fun.

we had a lovely weekend away for my parents birthday, and I wanted to do all sorts of things this week, but im basically sitting on the sofa! :-(

never mind there is always next week!!

still the fingers augusta and he is not a happy easter bunny about it ..... lol :D
    serves him right ....... stupid football :D

sorry you are not feeling well, but your weekend sounds like it was lovely :D

such strange weather, that wind is keeping us all in i think , i see the sun, go out
    and get blown over..... now how is that fair :D
    Forum Member
    Don't know about your son georgy, but I am certainly swooning over Poldark!

What on earth has your husband done georgy? Hope he can still look for Easter Eggs.

Having drinks with friends on Easter Saturday and then hope to spend the rest of the time reading. . .

Have a good Easter all - if I don't speak to you before!

he broke his fingers i thought i had mentioned it, perhaps not :confused::D

no....... easter hunting here....... on a diet, still trying to lose that xmas weight, its only seven pounds.... but its not shifting
    its very frustrating :(

have a good easter i think i shall go to mums for a couple of days :D
    Forum Member
    is it settled down?

so how are you all, and I hope you all have a lovely easter as well. we are doing a big garage clear out....what fun but it will be nice when its done.....

love a good garage clean, its so good when you can actually fit your cars in :D

have a lovely easter all

( )( )
    (. . )
    (')('')

and heres a gift of a bunny :D
    Forum Member
    What a cute little easter bunny!!

Well the garage clear out is going well, But our poor dog has trodden on some glass in the park and is limping around on his bandage looking sorry for himself, why did it have to happen on a bank holiday, when the vets are closed!

Hopefully the bandage will be ok until the morning....

hope your husbands fingers are ok now georgy....its strange how its the smallest things that make it tricky to do things.

Did you see that they are going to make some more X files programmes, I used to love that show....
    Forum Member

Well the garage clear out is going well, But our poor dog has trodden on some glass in the park and is limping around on his bandage looking sorry for himself, why did it have to happen on a bank holiday, when the vets are closed!

hope your husbands fingers are ok now georgy....its strange how its the smallest things that make it tricky to do things.

Did you see that they are going to make some more X files programmes, I used to love that show....

Hope everyone had a good Easter. We got a chocolate bunny from neighbours - the chocolate was too sweet so we threw it away - sad but true - guess we ARE getting old!!!

Hope georgy, you had a good Easter despite your o/h's broken fingers.

So sorry to hear about your dog augusta - is there not an animal hospital nearby? We have one about 6 miles away - always open!!!

Lovely day today so will go out later to pay paper bill. Must tackle ironing now.

Incidentally, thinking of organizing another meet up - perhaps in May or June - anyone interested? PM me if you are.
    Forum Member
    I would love another meet up!!

the animal hospital would be fine, but expensive, and the vets can do operations as well. n He seems to be fine, the vets put staples in his paw, and he needs regular check ups and changes of bandages.......

we had a lovely day out yesterday at audley end, fascinating, and beautiful gardens, today I have managed to finish the first grass cut and got 3 bags of garden waste !! One day I am going to purchase a green bin from the council, I just resent the extra cost!

hope everyone else had a lovely easter.

luv m xx
    Forum Member

Why thank you :D
    i'm a artist i tell you ..... ;-):p

poor doggie......... i'd like to get my hands on the idiots that break glass in our beautiful parks. Hope he is better soon :D

who would think a couple of broken finger could cause so much trouble, but every little job causes pain.

sounds like the garage dean went well
    hope you had a lovely easter :D
    Forum Member
    Hope everyone had a good Easter. We got a chocolate bunny from neighbours - the chocolate was too sweet so we threw it away - sad but true - guess we ARE getting old!!!

Hope georgy, you had a good Easter despite your o/h's broken fingers.

So sorry to hear about your dog augusta - is there not an animal hospital nearby? We have one about 6 miles away - always open!!!

Lovely day today so will go out later to pay paper bill. Must tackle ironing now.

Incidentally, thinking of organizing another meet up - perhaps in May or June - anyone interested? PM me if you are.

well the thought was there..... i find the lindt chocolate to sweet for me,
    not that i,m allowed any.......... diet, and its not going well :(

hope you had a good easter

i would love another meet up, we have such fun when we get together,
    will pm you later today

of for a morning swim now :D
    Forum Member
    I would love another meet up!!

the animal hospital would be fine, but expensive, and the vets can do operations as well. n He seems to be fine, the vets put staples in his paw, and he needs regular check ups and changes of bandages.......

we had a lovely day out yesterday at audley end, fascinating, and beautiful gardens, today I have managed to finish the first grass cut and got 3 bags of garden waste !! One day I am going to purchase a green bin from the council, I just resent the extra cost!

hope everyone else had a lovely easter.

luv m xx

our council gave them away, well if you requested one.... big compost bins

pleased to hear your dog is doing better
    the sun shining yesterday was a nice surprise :D
    Forum Member
    no, we have to pay for a garden waste bin......such a shame,

it is a beautiful day here, hope the sun keeps it up, its strange not needing to take the dog out for a walk. But at least he is getting better.

wonder what John and all his friends from BB are all getting up to?
    Forum Member

it is a beautiful day here, hope the sun keeps it up, its strange not needing to take the dog out for a walk. But at least he is getting better.

we do now, it was right at the beginning when they changed our bin system, i think it was to soften the blow, so they gave them away :D

it funny how each council can vary so much in policy for garden waste, we have a wooded area behind us, the gardener sticks our waste down there :D

talking of gardening we have had the gardener here cutting the hedges, it will take a few days, the noise is starting to drive me mad.

the weather is beautiful, pleased your dog is getting better, by the way hows the doggie
    diet going.
    Forum Member

don,t know about them but i did read on the dailymail that Josie has split from the plumber and there was a little John mention :D
    Forum Member
    Morning!

Really beautiful weather currently - and NOT too hot.

I saw two munjack (sp?) deer in the field next to us - the one the owner wants to cover with housing - they were right up to the fence. Really a joy to see. Birds too seem to be going nuts - guess Spring really IS in the air.

We too have to pay for our garden waste bins - £60 - and now we have to put stickers on it to show we have paid or we don't get it emptied - increase in Council tax if you ask me.

Having coffee this morning with friend next door. Will be a nice break. I am only taking £5 with me or else I know what I will do - buy more plants. Just spent almost £30 for nematodes to rid us of the awful chafer grubs!!!!

Well, best get going. Hope John is well - think he wants to have a normal life. Don't blame him. . .

Have a good day all.
    Forum Member
    Morning!

Really beautiful weather currently - and NOT too hot.

I saw two munjack (sp?) deer in the field next to us - the one the owner wants to cover with housing - they were right up to the fence. Really a joy to see. Birds too seem to be going nuts - guess Spring really IS in the air.

We too have to pay for our garden waste bins - £60 - and now we have to put stickers on it to show we have paid or we don't get it emptied - increase in Council tax if you ask me.

Having coffee this morning with friend next door. Will be a nice break. I am only taking £5 with me or else I know what I will do - buy more plants. Just spent almost £30 for nematodes to rid us of the awful chafer grubs!!!!

Well, best get going. Hope John is well - think he wants to have a normal life. Don't blame him. . .

Have a good day all.

The weather is glorious Nyannie, just perfect :D

your deer sound lovely ........ lets hope we can keep our green belt land untouched
    what are his chances of being able to build on the land Nyannie.

those chafer grubs are deadly to your lawn, they destroy the roots and the crows come along and dig away. I have lost my big lawn area to them twice now. I was so upset, the lawn is a major feature in my garden, the gardener even puts patterns in it for me, looked like someone had taken a rotavator to it. Hope you get it sorted

and that you had a lovely day with your friend :D xxx