Michael Jackson songs you can't stand.

boxxboxx Posts: 5,335
Forum Member
Black or white for me is one of the worst songs ever written. It's just awful.(barf smilie)

So which of the king of pop's songs do you hate?

Heard it loads these past few days too. :mad:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most of his stuff post 1983.

But I suppose worst of all is either "Earth Song" or "Heal the World".
  • skillerskiller Posts: 963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not a song I hate, but a line I hate from one of his songs...

"Now is the time for you and I to cuddle close together."

Other than that, the "Thriller" track/video is perfection. If only he'd got his grammar right!
  • jamespondojamespondo Posts: 6,040
    Forum Member
    Earth Song.

Not a terrible song in it's own right,a bit overblown maybe but if ever there was a reason to dislike MJ - it was the lyrics on this song.

Pure sanctimony.The message about the destruction of the Eath and it's habitat wouldn't be so bad.But this was a man who used private jets and was driven around in gas guzzlers for most of his life.Not to mention lived in huge mansions :rolleyes:
  • BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *deleted*
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most of his stuff post 1983.

Considering Dangerous and Bad are his best two records that's obviously complete rubbish! OK OK it's all down to taste, and no-one can deny that Off The Wall, Thriller and his stuff with the Jacksons is pretty phenomenal, but for me Bad is where he properly became Michael Jackson and Dangerous is definitely the peak (Heal The World aside...though I know some people like it).

I can't stand the McCartney songs he did. Girlfriend off Off The Wall is pretty cringeworthy and I always think The Girl Is Mine mars Thriller. Just Good Friends off Bad is a little dodgy but that's an otherwise flawless record. Black Or White I don't mind at all. Earth Song I can live with (though Childhood off that same HIStory album is cringeworthy). There's a couple on Invincible that should have been left off too.
  • tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heal the World and You Are Not Alone.. just a bit too schmaltzy for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,916
    Forum Member
    Ben, Heal The World,
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh god I forgot about Ben... just dreadful! It's a song about his pet rat FFS!!
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Earth Song! Craptastic and he acted like he was god in the video.

Loved lots his other songs though.
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Girl is Mine is pretty awful. So is We are the World.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ben,
    Heal the World,
    The Girl is Mine,
    You are Not Alone,
    She's out of my life (too sad)
  • belive940belive940 Posts: 32,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boxx wrote: »
    Black or white for me is one of the worst songs ever written. It's just awful.(barf smilie)

So which of the king of pop's songs do you hate?

Heard it loads these past few days too. :mad:

None :p
  • minxymoominxymoo Posts: 26,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All the obvious overplayed ones...step forward Thriller(cant stand it or the video)billie jean and beat it.
    And ANYTHING with Mccartney in it,didnt really like his collaborations.
    so many underated tracks like Give in to me and you rock my world.
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh god I forgot about Ben... just dreadful! It's a song about his pet rat FFS!!

Oh, I love Ben! I didn't know it was about a rat though, I always thought it was about a dog for some reason!

My least favourites probably Black and White, I hate the rap and the cheesy video, and its just overall a pretty bad song.
  • fezxenakisfezxenakis Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like all the early schmaltz, ("Ben", "Girl is Mine" etc...) but I don't like the later schmaltz from "Heal the World" (which is essentially a re-write of "We are the World") onwards.

I didn't like "Black or White" when it came out but it's really grown on me. I remember when I first heard it I thought it was quite generic and predictable (I was only 10!)
  • tortfeasortortfeasor Posts: 7,000
    Forum Member
    I must admit I can't say I'm at all surprised that 'Earth Song' and 'Heal The World' are not universally popular. I was a huge fan of MJ in the early 90s and always skipped 'Heal The World' when I listened to the Dangerous album. I wasn't much of a ballad fan as a child. However, I did like 'Will You Be There.' 'Heal The World' is definitely too similar to 'We Are The World' in some respects but in my opinion, 'Heal' just goes on for far too long and as noted, underrated tracks like 'Give in to Me' deserve more attention. Perhaps my dislike of 'Heal' also stems to the fact I had a teacher at the time that really disliked me and she absolutely loved that song and we had to perform it at the end of year concert. :(

I was about 12 at the time 'Earth Song' was released and could not understand the fuss - to this day I still think it is inferior, especially when compared to say 'Stranger in Moscow' or the extensive back catalogue. I found it quite depressing then and still do now. There were quite a few decent remixes though but I still didn't like the song.

I think 'Childhood' is an okish song - quite sad though and I wouldn't listen to it by choice.

I'm not the biggest fan of 'Ben' either as it happens - just find it tedious and probably far less deserving of such extensive attention when compared to other material he recorded in the 70s, including tracks like 'Dreamer' and 'Even Though You're Gone.' Taste again I guess.

As much as I love the 'obvious' Jackson 5 choices, I would still like to hear 'Lookin' Thru The Windows,' 'Skywriter' 'Doctor My Eyes,' or 'Hallelujah Day' for a change.
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tortfeasor wrote: »
    I must admit I can't say I'm at all surprised that 'Earth Song' and 'Heal The World' are not universally popular. I was a huge fan of MJ in the early 90s and always skipped 'Heal The World' when I listened to the Dangerous album. I wasn't much of a ballad fan as a child. However, I did like 'Will You Be There.' 'Heal The World' is definitely too similar to 'We Are The World' in some respects but in my opinion, 'Heal' just goes on for far too long and as noted, underrated tracks like 'Give in to Me' deserve more attention. Perhaps my dislike of 'Heal' also stems to the fact I had a teacher at the time that really disliked me and she absolutely loved that song and we had to perform it at the end of year concert. :(

I was about 12 at the time 'Earth Song' was released and could not understand the fuss - to this day I still think it is inferior, especially when compared to say 'Stranger in Moscow' or the extensive back catalogue. I found it quite depressing then and still do now. There were quite a few decent remixes though but I still didn't like the song.

I think 'Childhood' is an okish song - quite sad though and I wouldn't listen to it by choice.

I'm not the biggest fan of 'Ben' either as it happens - just find it tedious and probably far less deserving of such extensive attention when compared to other material he recorded in the 70s, including tracks like 'Dreamer' and 'Even Though You're Gone.' Taste again I guess.

As much as I love the 'obvious' Jackson 5 choices, I would still like to hear 'Lookin' Thru The Windows,' 'Skywriter' 'Doctor My Eyes,' or 'Hallelujah Day' for a change.

Those two are the only Jackson songs I have on my ipod at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    all of them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All his slow song songs are crap tbh
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earth Song. Just awful.
  • sub4ux4sub4ux4 Posts: 1,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i cannot think of a single song of his that id choose to listen to they all make me want to upchuck , just sickly bubbly patronising crap imho .
  • BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    You Are Not Alone - the whole track just makes me cringe. Why oh why does he sound like he has the hiccups all through it?

Heal The World - schmaltzy sentimental claptrap.

Like a lot of people I just think MJ was at his best when he sang songs that he could dance to.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Not a fan of You Are Not Alone or Heal The World - too schmaltzy for me.
    I really like Earth Song - it's very powerful.
  • sHaKsHaK Posts: 2,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You Are Not Alone and Rock With You.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 378
    Forum Member
    Am I the only one who dislikes Thriller? Of course, the dancing in the video was pretty amazing, but I think he's done better, dancing-wise.