BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 53)

Comments

• BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scots rool wrote: »
    WOW! How's this for service........when I came home I switched the TV on, no signal was displayed, the cable box was flashing various things. Switched it off at the wall & rebooted it, same thing. Phoned Virgin & managed to speak to a UK person, told me someone could come out between 2-00 & 4-00pm today! :eek: Guy has just been & gone after leaving new box. I've had that old box for god knows how long......it was so old it had Telewest on the outside of it. :D

Nice to hear of a big firm delivering on service for once - though maybe you just got lucky today :D
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are getting spoilt, very nice havent got any like that all my others have got tassels on :D

Very good service, expect you put the fear of god up them with your phone call :p:D
    I didn't think you would have many woollen ones. :D

My 'fame' obviously precedes me. :D
    Artemesia wrote: »
    Brilliant service, even more so considering the snow!:)
    The main roads are fine now.
    Barracute wrote: »
    Nice to hear of a big firm delivering on service for once - though maybe you just got lucky today :D
    TBF Virgin are generally pretty good to deal with. The guy said he didn't have much to do today & that's why he was here so quickly.
    He was also telling me they're bringing the call centre work back to the UK, as 9 out of 10 customers complain about that. Thank god for that!
  • minkskiminkski Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    Afternoon all :)
    Good idea, we could video their entire performance. :D

You're very welcome..........I forgot about THIS wee extra for you both. :D

ooo are they tea (t) cosies? :D
  • HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Oh give it a bloody rest Hicky........you're like a broken record! :yawn:
    It's strange isn't it that 4x4 vehicles are keeping the country going.
    You don't need them up North as you have shovels.
    Yes. It tells me that if four by fours are so superior they should be subsidised so we can all afford one. But I bet you wouldn't want yours any more. ;)

Ooooh how lovely. They can do three legged skating for comic relief.
    I agree everyone should have one may be the country could keep going instead of relying on Emergency vehicles to rescue them.

Why wouldn't i want mine any more?

It's funny that they are the biggest seller of all time, they have even got to build more factories in China & India because we can't make enough and there is a 100% surcharge in China on Land Rover & Range Rover, but they still sell very well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    minkski wrote: »
    Afternoon all :)

ooo are they tea (t) cosies? :D
    Would need to be pretty small teapots! :eek:
    Hicky wrote: »
    You don't need them up North as you have shovels.

I agree everyone should have one may be the country could keep going instead of relying on Emergency vehicles to rescue them.

It's funny that they are the biggest seller of all time, they have even got to build more factories in China & India because we can't make enough and there is a 100% surcharge in China on Land Rover & Range Rover, but they still sell very well.

:confused: Are they? It's news to me then. :rolleyes:
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    You don't need them up North as you have shovels..
    SR isn't north. We are.
    I

You would find something even bigger and swankier. :D
  • JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    Arent you supposed to? I always do. How else would you have access to your special soap, sanitary items, hairbrush, lipstick, anti-bac etc? :confused:

:eek: I'd have to take my bag if I needed make up etc., once done, I don't touch my hair again all day. I don't usually visit anywhere which might require anti-bac!
    So is it the ordinary tyres or the lorries that cause it?

Is it wise for her to stay at "The house of Noro"?

:D The noro carrier went home yesterday, the bed has been stripped and changed, en suite cleaned and disinfected. She'll be in a room at the other end of the landing and won't need to use that bathroom - plus I've wiped all light switches and door handles, stair bannister etc with dettox wipes. Maybe I should buy a bell and a cross for the front door:rolleyes:
    Barracute wrote: »
    I can believe that - its snowing here in Brum !

I'm only a few miles from you, snowing here too!
  • hyundaihyundai Posts: 36,528
    Forum Member
    Prizes for Flora & Hy................ HERE HERE & HERE

Enjoy! :D
    Fank you, and I shall think of you everytime I look at the first one :D
    is it one each.....i want the in line skates...i could do with a spell in hospital with a broken leg.....

hello all hope you are all well......

i have just traded in my 4x4 for an ordinairy 2x2 car...the new car is so much lighter to drive...
    Forum Member
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    :eek: I'd have to take my bag if I needed make up etc., once done, I don't touch my hair again all day. I don't usually visit anywhere which might require anti-bac!
    You never go in public toilets?

:D The noro carrier went home yesterday, the bed has been stripped and changed, en suite cleaned and disinfected. She'll be in a room at the other end of the landing and won't need to use that bathroom - plus I've wiped all light switches and door handles, stair bannister etc with dettox wipes. Maybe I should buy a bell and a cross for the front door:rolleyes:

I am very glad you did not catch it and everyone is ok. :)
    It is so infectious that the NHS advise not going to work for forty-eight hours after the vomiting and diasomething stops so i am sure you are right to take precautions.

This pope choosing thing is a bit boring isnt it? (sky news)
  • ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member
    hyundai wrote: »
    is it one each.....i want the in line skates...i could do with a spell in hospital with a broken leg.....

i have just traded in my 4x4 for an ordinairy 2x2 car...the new car is so much lighter to drive...

:eek::eek:Wash your mouth out with soap!
    You are not allowed to favour a 2x2 on here...;):p:p
    Forum Member

:eek::eek::eek: Good grief Hy i feel as if i conjured you up from a magic lamp because i was thinking about you just a moment ago.
    How are you? I hope your son is safe and your mum is well. :)
    Forum Member

*passes the popcorn*
  • Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hello hy :D

In order for you to achieve your goal I am quite happy to let you have my skate to make up the pair :D you can let me know visiting times in due course :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, one of each. :D
    Congratulations on your win.

Uh oh............♫♫♫ There may be trouble ahead ♫♫♫ :eek::D
    *passes the popcorn*

Move along then..........*makes self comfortable* :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello hy :D

In order for you to achieve your goal I am quite happy to let you have my skate to make up the pair :D you can let me know visiting times in due course :D

You're such a wuss. :p
  • Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're such a wuss. :p

Hy wants a broken leg, I am being obliging and selfless :p:D
  • hyundaihyundai Posts: 36,528
    Forum Member
    :Wash your mouth out with soap!
    You are not allowed to favour a 2x2 on here...;)
    well i have one..and i can get winter socks for it as well....plus this car has come up top on safety as well...and it isnt a landgrover...
    :eek::eek::eek: Good grief Hy i feel as if i conjured you up from a magic lamp because i was thinking about you just a moment ago.
    How are you? I hope your son is safe and your mum is well. :)
    hello there...my lad is safe and now a proud daddy of a son....i am not allowed to see said son becaus DIL has decreed this...am i bovvered..she will change her mind when she needs something....mum is getting worse actually and i am looking in to some residential care for her...she is quite hard to look after now....
    Hello hy

In order for you to achieve your goal I am quite happy to let you have my skate to make up the pair you can let me know visiting times in due course :D
    hmm..this may just be problematic here...i need 2 inorder to reach my goal...trade you the teacosy on alternate days.....
    Yes, one of each. :D
    Congratulations on your win.

Uh oh............♫♫♫ There may be trouble ahead ♫♫♫ :eek::D

Move along then..........*makes self comfortable* :D

ha ha.......
    had to murder smileys....
    Forum Member

Hi hy - you should whisper that, don't let Hicky hear you!
    You never go in public toilets?

I am very glad you did not catch it and everyone is ok. :)
    It is so infectious that the NHS advise not going to work for forty-eight hours after the vomiting and diasomething stops so i am sure you are right to take precautions.

This pope choosing thing is a bit boring isnt it? (sky news)

Very very rarely go in public toilets, although I do have wipes in my handbag - they're always there since we had grandchildren:cool: I was thinking of taking my bag with me into the loo at friend's/family member's houses - obviously if you're out and about you'd keep your bag with you wherever you are???

Son #1 who often goes into operating theatres has been told not to attend any such cases until Wednesday at least - good advice. He's working from home at the moment - thankfully his partner doesn't seem to have caught it, she's so tiny it'd knock her off her feet for weeks!
    Forum Member
    *passes the popcorn*

Thanks Honey - I'm settling in for the show(down) too - although I have to nip to the station in a while to collect my niece - would you save my seat please:D
    Forum Member
    well i have one..and i can get winter socks for it as well....plus this car has come up top on safety as well...and it isnt a landgrover...

hello there...my lad is safe and now a proud daddy of a son....i am not allowed to see said son becaus DIL has decreed this...am i bovvered..she will change her mind when she needs something....mum is getting worse actually and i am looking in to some residential care for her...she is quite hard to look after now....

hmm..this may just be problematic here...i need 2 inorder to reach my goal...trade you the teacosy on alternate days.....

ha ha.......
    had to murder smileys....

Sorry to hear about your mum, Hy. I know how hard you have worked to take care of her so well.
    I expect the residential care will be a big help, and you will have many more happy times together.

Hardly a week goes by without hearing about grandparents blocked from seeing their grandchildren, and the "am i being unreasonable" section of mumsnet is dominated by it.
    I dont remember this happening often when my children were little, so i dont know what has changed?
    Perhaps working parents spend so little time with their children that they resent sharing? I dont know.
    It is very sad because a baby "belongs" to the whole family, and time lost can never be recaptured.
    I hope it is sorted out quickly. :)
    Forum Member
    OH has just reminded me of a conversation we had last night - he heard on the news, talking about the Queen's cancelled visit during yesterday 'her Maj was however able to visit xyz this evening, and there is no sign of her gastro-enteritis'!

He was giggling to himself all the way through trying to tell me, and all manner of theories to offer on what signs they were expecting to see:D
  • ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member
    OH has just reminded me of a conversation we had last night - he heard on the news, talking about the Queen's cancelled visit during yesterday 'her Maj was however able to visit xyz this evening, and there is no sign of her gastro-enteritis'!

He was giggling to himself all the way through trying to tell me, and all manner of theories to offer on what signs they were expecting to see:D

It would make me giggle too, it is sloppy reporting.....** collapses **

:p:p:p
  • minkskiminkski Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    *passes the popcorn*

thanks :D ...hmmm....has everyone sanitised their hands? :eek:

It would make me giggle too, it is sloppy reporting.....** collapses **

:p:p:p

hahaha :p
  • HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Would need to be pretty small teapots! :eek:

:confused:Are they? It's news to me then. :rolleyes:
    Well normal vehicles couldn't rescue a cat.
    SR isn't north. We are.

You would find something even bigger and swankier. :D
    I thought SR was in Scotland.

I will when i get the money, as long as it is a 4x4, a Land Rover, an Automatic a Diesel and has Winter Tyres.

I hope you never regret it.
    So true, it's like going in an aeroplane without a parachute.:DDDDDDDD
    Forum Member
    minkski wrote: »
    thanks :D ...hmmm....has everyone sanitised their hands? :eek:

hahaha :p

Erm You finish the rest, Minks. :) It will boost your immune system.
This discussion has been closed.