If civilian bb is dropped after next year I won't watch:(

mrmattybeckmrmattybeck Posts: 1,697
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Can't stand cbb really shocked how bad his years series is rating I think it's been a fantastic series so far shame more aren't watching I can watch celeb one but it doesn't have the same impact for me as normal bb :(

Comments

• Vicky.Vicky. Posts: 5,948
    Forum Member
    Yeah I dont really watch CBB. Can never get into it.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    I've been adamant for a while now that if BB becomes just another celebrity reality show then it's over for me.
    The celeb version is barely BB anyway.
  • daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's hardly Channel 5's fault no-one is watching.
  • WeeJintyMcGintyWeeJintyMcGinty Posts: 3,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't stand cbb really shocked how bad his years series is rating I think it's been a fantastic series so far shame more aren't watching I can watch celeb one but it doesn't have the same impact for me as normal bb :(

Jeez no use getting upset about something so trivial. If you are enjoying this BB then fine, carry on enjoying it and stop fretting about if other people are watching or not, or what might happen in the future.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daisiesfan wrote: »
    It's hardly Channel 5's fault no-one is watching.

Lack of advertising? C5 started so well this year, but imo, they just don't know what they're doing. They completely destroyed the Michael twist by making it too obvious. They really are... stupid.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I said and i will say again. Yes, the overnight ratings are low, but it will reach officials of around 1.9m. Not to worry as that would be the highest civ BB ratings.

Don't judge until we get the first batch of officials on Monday (from Thursday-Sunday). I still think this could rate higher than BB12/BB13 despite launching lower.

I just think we were lucky with CBB11. It was an anomaly, it did too well. It got 3m+ three times in its final week. We are just back to average ratings now.
  • ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate Celebrity Big Brother. I dip in and out of it, but it just isn't for me...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    tbh i hope it is dropped.
    The producers have messed it right with vte!
    The only reason its this is because it garners more votes.
    Vts they had less votes because no one would want to save a hm they hate vs a boring hm....

Vte as its already showing, ie dextor the boring hm has been saved. Most likely sallie will be gone.

We gonna end up with all the boring housemates.

So for that i hope bb is cancelled. **** *** producers!
  • mrmattybeckmrmattybeck Posts: 1,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Redban wrote: »
    tbh i hope it is dropped.
    The producers have messed it right with vte!
    The only reason its this is because it garners more votes.
    Vts they had less votes because no one would want to save a hm they hate vs a boring hm....

Vte as its already showing, ie dextor the boring hm has been saved. Most likely sallie will be gone.

We gonna end up with all the boring housemates.

So for that i hope bb is cancelled. **** *** producers!

Well I don't ive loved this series so far :)
    Forum Member
    Well I don't ive loved this series so far :)

I agree the series so far has been great.
    But just wait til about week 4/5 when all the housemates that made this week great be voted off because of their strong personalities just because of this stupid Vote To Evict.
  • 027huds027huds Posts: 12,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone raised the good point that even though CBB is the money maker, can they really keep an empty lot for 46 weeks of the year just for two piddly little series a year?

Plus it isn't even like BB14's ratings are any lower than the previous two years. So last nights show may have been a few thousand down on the equivalent last year? Hardly an earth shattering change. We are only a week into the show and the officials haven't even been factored in either. It could timeshift better than BB12 / BB13.

It's a little too early to be spelling the end for a show which is pulling in numbers basically exactly the same as it was two years ago.
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I said a few weeks ago that there is too much competition for the show this year.

Apprentice running further into the year, TOWIE back on, The Call Centre a ratings winner for BBC3, The Valleys and Geordie Shore back in a few weeks all shows that are fighting for the same demographic
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    I said a few weeks ago that there is too much competition for the show this year.

Apprentice running further into the year, TOWIE back on, The Call Centre a ratings winner for BBC3, The Valleys and Geordie Shore back in a few weeks all shows that are fighting for the same demographic

Well Made in Chelsea and The Valleys are finished as of this week which is good news. But GS is coming back which is bad news for BB. Good news for me as I love the show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    Well Made in Chelsea and The Valleys are finished as of this week which is good news. But GS is coming back which is bad news for BB. Good news for me as I love the show.
    Geordie Shore is television for idiots...no offence....but its the lowest of the low
    Forum Member
    GoshBagosh wrote: »
    Geordie Shore is television for idiots...no offence....but its the lowest of the low

Thats a silly statement

Many people would say the same thing about bb.

I love gs, valleys, bb....just because i watch "car crash tv" doesnt make me an idiot.

If it does then wow u dont want me doing your accounts lol
  • David_HillDavid_Hill Posts: 3,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like CBB but it's nowhere near as enjoyable or exciting as BB for me. I can see BB still carrying on because as people have said it's getting similar ratings to what it was getting two years ago. Plus getting rid of BB could have a knock on effect of damaging CBB ratings due to BB viewers not watching out of protest.
  • Emma-in-HantsEmma-in-Hants Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    Well, I don't know...

I'm rubbish with names but I do remember when the Spandau Ballet guy explained how showing arse is OK but showing arseHOLE isn't, then the little twerp guy thanked him for humiliating him and followed it up by saying what a good bloke he is...

BB gold.
  • jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If it is dropped, NONE of us will be watching :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,927
    Forum Member
    jeanoj wrote: »
    If it is dropped, NONE of us will be watching :D
    :) Quite.

I don't understand these "I won't be / am not watching" threads. Who cares what you're doing? I stopped watching Boardwalk Empire after the first season. Do you care? No. Was it worth telling you? No.
  • JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PEOPLE ARE WATCHING.
    it gets more viewers than TOWIE, and TOWIE is seen as the 'reality show of the moment'