Options

CS When was the last time Sophie smiled?

notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
Forum Member
Seriously, when did this once bright, funny & likeable character turn into such a perpetually sneering, sour faced, scowling misery guts!! Ok in this particular incidence it seems she's going to be right about Jennie, but no wonder no one's going to believe her, she hasn't a smile, a pleasantry, or a good word for anyone these days!!

Personally I don't think the character, or for that matter the actress, has been right since Sian/Sacha Parkinson left the show, though she has got far worse under Stuart Blackburn!!

I used to really like both Sophie and Brooke Vincent but now I'm seriouy losing patience with both!!

Comments

• Options
    craig_25craig_25 Posts: 2,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree completely. The character is wasted really and only wheeled out to scowl at customers in the shop or bitch to Sally or Kev.

Sophie has no passion, no sense of fun or adventure and absolutely no direction! It seems odd that she has no ambition to do anything with her life, given how pushy her mother is.

If they weren't going to pursue the religion stuff, they should have maybe directed her towards nursing or care work.

Mostly, she needs to lighten up!
  • Options
    Randomguy83Randomguy83 Posts: 16,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's a complete misery except when she's with Jack. I'd like something to happen to Kevin so she'd have to assume a parental role to Jack as I think she'd grow up and stop being such a misery when faced with some real responsibility.
  • Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never used to like Sophie. I thought she was pretty dull and unattractive. But she looks pretty hot these days. :D

Yes, she is a sourpuss, but she is right. Kev's bit on the side, is a nutcase.
  • Options
    JohnDoe14JohnDoe14 Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pretty great summary. She doesn't volunteer anymore and she's not pursuing a career despite being quite smart. Most of her storylines are love interest ones where she goes out with someone for about a year but they then break up and leave only for her to repeat the cycle 6 months later. Sian was perfect for her and was a really great character but since she's gone Sophie has been ruined.
  • Options
    ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe when Maddies down there. Possibly. Perhaps.
  • Options
    russ75russ75 Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like Sophie and she's one of my favourite characters in the show, the way she spoke to Gail in the shop last week was just hilarious. But I do agree she needs to do something with her life instead of just working in the shop for the rest of her life
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ThaGazBoi wrote: »
    Maybe when Maddies down there. Possibly. Perhaps.
    I wish they had written Sophie out with Maddie.
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    June 24th 2009 to the best of my knowledge. Managed a half smirk in 2010 but I wouldn't count it.
  • Options
    BigDuckBigDuck Posts: 4,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember when Sophie used to be a comedy character...
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When taking pleasure in the fact Tim was assaulted by Maddie and sneering at him. Lovely person.
  • Options
    CatmittensCatmittens Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That permanent scowl is enough to put you off your tea. Even Ena cracked a smile once in a while!
    When taking pleasure in the fact Tim was assaulted by Maddie and sneering at him. Lovely person.

Wasn't it when they were victimising poor old Norris? :confused::D
  • Options
    sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's not the world's biggest grinner is she?
  • Options
    alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    Where is maddie meant to be? She's not been seen for months
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sutie wrote: »
    She's not the world's biggest grinner is she?

Lol :D:D

Guess I might come across as hard to please since I'm regularly complaining about Andrea & her silly 'permagrin' but there has to be a happy medium somewhere!! :D:D;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    craig_25 wrote: »
    I agree completely. The character is wasted really and only wheeled out to scowl at customers in the shop or bitch to Sally or Kev.

Sophie has no passion, no sense of fun or adventure and absolutely no direction! It seems odd that she has no ambition to do anything with her life, given how pushy her mother is.

If they weren't going to pursue the religion stuff, they should have maybe directed her towards nursing or care work.

Mostly, she needs to lighten up!

I absolutely agree they should have her train as a nurse or a carer or something!! The only time she's shown any spark of the old Sophie recently was in the scenes with Faye!! She did show genuine compassion then & they should build on that!!
  • Options
    russ75russ75 Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BigDuck wrote: »
    I remember when Sophie used to be a comedy character...

She still is, that scene she had with Gail last week was hilarious
  • Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maddie is a horrible character. By the way, she promised she was leaving. When will that be?

I'm waiting. :mad:

:p:D