Options

EE: Heather

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 897
Forum Member
✭✭
Can they please write in this woman a man.
She is lovely, but her constant quest for a kiss is very annoying.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha.
    Yes, I think the exact same!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would you?
  • Options
    Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    I think, the way, this character is treated, is disgusting.

There are plenty of obese people all over the world, in relationships. She's overweight, not carrying the plague...

it's lazy, poor and pathetic stereotyping, by Eastenders writers.

Get it sorted Eastenders, pleeeeease, give this lovely woman, a proper solid caring relationship, they do exist you know....
  • Options
    Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    ^ Exactly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    I really don't think Heather having any kind of relationship with a man is suitible for pre-watershed TV.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand the character. The sooner she is written out the better.
  • Options
    Westy123Westy123 Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    Bonny1 wrote: »

There are plenty of obese people all over the world, in relationships. She's overweight, not carrying the plague...

Get it sorted Eastenders, pleeeeease, give this lovely woman, a proper solid caring relationship, they do exist you know....

I agree. She is overweight but that is not the problem, its the fact that the writers firstly gave her the name Trott (perfect for pigs trotters jokes), and just make her out to be so damn stupid all the time. Its not even in a funny way, she actually comes across as a bit backward half the time.

She is a grown women who dresses like an 8 year old going to a party and she is portrayed as being obsessed with cheese and gorging on food.

Eastenders writers seem to think that fat = thick.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,425
    Forum Member
    Yeah, it would be nice to see her have some kind of genuine love interest, even if it was just for a little while. They got round to giving someone to Charlie and Jean Slater and Gus Smith and it would be nice just to see her happy.
  • Options
    Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    I wish they'd toughen her up a bit too, I mean she's scary birds bezzy mate, surely some of that hard core prossie toughnes would have rubbed off on her by now..

aaarrggghhhh
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see her with someone but I like her and Shirley as a pair of singletons :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Can they please write in this woman a man.

Or a woman...lol
  • Options
    Arcane2Arcane2 Posts: 13,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll have her just no kissing or eye contact.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know Heather's a bit of a stereotype but the show does need some light (maybe not the right word :o ), comic characters.. I think she's a great foil for Shirley and is fairly likeable personality-wise.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,284
    Forum Member
    Anywhoodle wrote: »
    I know Heather's a bit of a stereotype but the show does need some light (maybe not the right word :o ), comic characters.. I think she's a great foil for Shirley and is fairly likeable personality-wise.

But Heather should not be a comic character. She acts like a whiny, naive 6 year old, and whilst that is very annoying there is a reason for it. She was abused as a kid and her 'funny' personality is the result. I don't find it amusing.

She's clearly also a compulsive overeater. People who are just greedy do tend to have enough self control to not eat ice cream out of the supermarket freezer with their credit card.

She's not funny, she's just kind of depressing.

And I would say that she was a stereotype, if it wasn't for all EEs fat characters who aren't like Heather.

No, screw it. She's a stereotype.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK - she's overweight but she's still not Bubbles Devere from Little Britain :eek:

I find her character one of the more interesting ones in Enders at the moment. Especially her friendship with Shirley ...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heather should be able to find someone, there's plenty of chubby chasers about.
  • Options
    RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hoping Heather finds love this year. She's a nice enough woman.
  • Options
    Barbsm@wanadoo.Barbsm@wanadoo. Posts: 838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Arcane2 wrote: »
    Heather should be able to find someone, there's plenty of chubby chasers about.

Yes but they don't all act like a retarded, boulimic child!!
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't dislike her, but I totally loath her chum Shirley.

Heather's behaviour in the pub on new years day was both desperate and nauseous
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    I don't dislike her, but I totally loath her chum Shirley.

Heather's behaviour in the pub on new years day was both desperate and nauseous

It really creeped me out.
  • Options
    bumpandgrindbumpandgrind Posts: 12,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Turquoise wrote: »
    But Heather should not be a comic character. She acts like a whiny, naive 6 year old, and whilst that is very annoying there is a reason for it. She was abused as a kid and her 'funny' personality is the result. I don't find it amusing.
    She's clearly also a compulsive overeater. People who are just greedy do tend to have enough self control to not eat ice cream out of the supermarket freezer with their credit card.

She's not funny, she's just kind of depressing.

And I would say that she was a stereotype, if it wasn't for all EEs fat characters who aren't like Heather.

No, screw it. She's a stereotype.

This sums up my view of her character completely. I can't stand her and her constant immature nature. She makes Abi Branning look grown up!
  • Options
    Super FrogSuper Frog Posts: 11,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Heather and hope she gets more storylines this year that don't involve her trying to pull men. She's a nice break from everybody walking around sighing all the time imo.
  • Options
    pinkbellybuttonpinkbellybutton Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The reason Heather is that way is the way her mother treated her, and has kept her in a sort of child like state. She doesn't really know how interact with men, which is why she can't find one. She's probably latched onto to Shirley because Shirley is a dominant tough type, and although she can be snipy with Heather she is still a protector figure. The problem is I don't really think they've shown enough of her background. They showed her mum being a royal pain in the arse on a few occassions, but nothing that really makes her life experience so far clear. I think she's sweet, but unfortunately she does come off as the butt of a joke sometimes :( Looks have nothing to do with why she doesn't have a man, there have been bigger women than her with men, who aren't always chubby chasers. Some people are actually attracted who a person is not what they look like.
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Heather is great. :)

I hope she can find her true love, but I think whenever the actress decides to leave or is axed, Heath will get her happy ending. :)

Part of me doesnt want to see anything get between her and Shirl though cos they are a great duo! :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bonny1 wrote: »

Heather does annoy me, but I totally agree with everything mentioned above.